Pro-Christian Legislation vs. Anti-Christian Legislation

Wait a second, why should we discuss with a person who cannot find an anti-religious interest group or political group? I can name a couple. These two have done a LOT of damage to Christian America.

Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

ACLU.

oh no... the horror.... people who know this isn't a theocracy. :cuckoo:

Wait a second, why should we discuss with a person who cannot find an anti-religious interest group or political group? I can name a couple. These two have done a LOT of damage to Christian America.

ACLU.

Really? So the Alabama State Supreme Court cannot have the ten commandments on their grounds, when 78% of Alabamans want it...but the US Supreme Court can?

What you are expressing is the blind ignorance of a small fraction of Americans who are somewhere on the fringe of Christian America, and leftist-looney-bin.

Southern Poverty Law Center is another organization I can think of that has attacked religion.

Why can't religion be expressed freely (prayer in schools), and not established (untaxed)? Why can't Evangelists pass out Bibles to high school students as they leave school?

Why is "Under God" coming "under fire"?

Don't be pathetic, actually think about your tyranny before you defend it.

ACLU.

Really? So the Alabama State Supreme Court cannot have the ten commandments on their grounds, when 78% of Alabamans want it...but the US Supreme Court can?

What you are expressing is the blind ignorance of a small fraction of Americans who are somewhere on the fringe of Christian America, and leftist-looney-bin.

Southern Poverty Law Center is another organization I can think of that has attacked religion.

Why can't religion be expressed freely (prayer in schools), and not established (untaxed)? Why can't Evangelists pass out Bibles to high school students as they leave school?

first of all, dear... "under g-d" didn't exist until the McCarthy era as a way to weed out nasty commies. i don't care about it one way or another, but let's not be precious about that or

and just a little lesson on the supreme court.... it exists so people like you don't take away MY rights to worshp or not worship as *I* please. I don' want you having my son pray your prayers or kneel at your alters. i decide what he's taught and how it's taught... not the government.

worship as you please. you'll just have to get over our govenment not forcing ME to worship as you please.

first of all, dear... "under g-d" didn't exist until the McCarthy era as a way to weed out nasty commies. i don't care about it one way or another, but let's not be precious about that or

and just a little lesson on the supreme court.... it exists so people like you don't take away MY rights to worshp or not worship as *I* please. I don' want you having my son pray your prayers or kneel at your alters. i decide what he's taught and how it's taught... not the government.

worship as you please. you'll just have to get over our govenment not forcing ME to worship as you please.

Oh naive one, learn something about history. George Washington's Thanksgiving Speech told all Americans to remember this day, as a day of thanksgiving when our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, the divine providence of God, brought the United States through its tribulations against Britain.

So what you're so IGNORANTLY arguing for, literally...

Is that to protect your right to not pray, you are denying me my right to pray.

You're just a tool, used by anti-Christian leftists to remove Christianity from the public sphere. Your arguments are a-historical, and pathetically illogical.

If you were anything but the aforementioned, then your argument would be that students should be allowed to pray in school of their own free will as groups or individuals, but the Supreme Court thanks to the AU says they cannot.

Oh naive one, learn something about history. George Washington's Thanksgiving Speech told all Americans to remember this day, as a day of thanksgiving when our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, the divine providence of God, brought the United States through its tribulations against Britain.

You're just a tool, used by anti-Christian leftists to remove Christianity from the public sphere. Your arguments are a-historical, and pathetically illogical.

If you were anything but the aforementioned, then your argument would be that students should be allowed to pray in school of their own free will as groups or individuals, but the Supreme Court thanks to the AU says they cannot.

God! Who is this guy?! First of all, try to stick to the topic, and secondly, read all of the posts on this thread. Thanks.

To leave room for doubt is the denial of one's faith. How can one say, "I believe God completely... but maybe"?

Immie

Well, but do you believe the Bible is the perfect transcription of God's Word? There's where your doubt could be appropriate.

Well, you must have caught on to something I said in another thread.

I do believe that man can misinterpret what God has said, and in that case I suppose there could be some room for doubt.

Immie

I remembered another post where you said that The Bible is not a perfect transcription of God's Word, which is why I brought it up. Your concession to the logic I posed demonstrates to me that you must be a very reasonable person and I have to say that because of this I think you must be a very reasonable person and I admire you because of it.

Not long ago I thought that faith was a bad word. I started a thread about faith and then learned from Christians like you, Broken Angel, Tiger Bob, and people of faith like Kitten Koder and Sky Dancer that that is not necessarily so.

Since then I have reconsidered what faith means. I still haven't had an epiphany about the subject that has brought clearly to my perception how I would define it, but I think about it a lot.

So far I've come to see faith, not so much in a religious way, but in a spiritual way. What I mean is, I identify with the Humanist philosophy which places importance on the human spirit. I see the importance, now, of placing faith in one's self; believing that one can overcome any difficulty or any challenge, even without reasonable evidence that one can. That's what exemplifies some of the best qualities and successes of human will. The writer who can start a novel must have faith that s/he can finish it. The composer who submits s/his work to see if a conductor will perform it. The mountain climber who looks up nn unclimbed face of a big mountain and then pulls their feet up off the ground. The scientist who has an idea and works to obtain grants and funding to research and experiment. These people must have faith in themselves to take that first step, and keep going even when they doubt themselves and doubt their success, to eventually take that last step and overcome, not the challenges they faced, but their own fears of failure. In the indomitable human spirit is what is worth putting my faith.

That is my first step.

Show me the law that says students aren't allowed to pray in schools. Go ahead I'll wait.

Well, but do you believe the Bible is the perfect transcription of God's Word? There's where your doubt could be appropriate.

Well, you must have caught on to something I said in another thread.

I do believe that man can misinterpret what God has said, and in that case I suppose there could be some room for doubt.

Immie

I remembered another post where you said that The Bible is not a perfect transcription of God's Word, which is why I brought it up.

Whoa there CMM, you mis-quote me.

In that other thread, it was the one about teaching creationism in science class alongside evolution, I stated that man's interpretation of God's word may and I will emphasize MAY be flawed.

The point that I made at the time was that in Genesis it says that God created the universe in six days... although I do not dispute God's word, I might questions how we interpret that word. As for me, I look at it like this, God said it. Even though I may not understand what he said, I'll take his word for it and let him point me in the right direction.

Your concession to the logic I posed demonstrates to me that you must be a very reasonable person and I have to say that because of this I think you must be a very reasonable person and I admire you because of it.

Looks can be deceiving. :D

Not long ago I thought that faith was a bad word. I started a thread about faith and then learned from Christians like you, Broken Angel, Tiger Bob, and people of faith like Kitten Koder and Sky Dancer that that is not necessarily so.

Since then I have reconsidered what faith means. I still haven't had an epiphany about the subject that has brought clearly to my perception how I would define it, but I think about it a lot.

So far I've come to see faith, not so much in a religious way, but in a spiritual way. What I mean is, I identify with the Humanist philosophy which places importance on the human spirit. I see the importance, now, of placing faith in one's self; believing that one can overcome any difficulty or any challenge, even without reasonable evidence that one can. That's what exemplifies some of the best qualities and successes of human will. The writer who can start a novel must have faith that s/he can finish it. The composer who submits s/his work to see if a conductor will perform it. The mountain climber who looks up nn unclimbed face of a big mountain and then pulls their feet up off the ground. The scientist who has an idea and works to obtain grants and funding to research and experiment. These people must have faith in themselves to take that first step, and keep going even when they doubt themselves and doubt their success, to eventually take that last step and overcome, not the challenges they faced, but their own fears of failure. In the indomitable human spirit is what is worth putting my faith.

Well, for me faith is not so much in myself, but in my God, as you said spiritual.

I have faith that when I hit a bump in the road that seems insurmountable that I can overcome the bump with God's help. See 1 Corinthians 10:13. I have always believed that I am a fairly strong individual. But, even so, there come times when things weigh heavily upon me and threaten to drag me down. It is at those times that I turn to God and put it in his hands. Now, whether it is through my inner strength or God's help that pulls me through, I don't always know, but I try to give credit to God when credit seems due.

There are times when I suffer from depression. During those times, I can go with no more than 2 or 3 hours a night sleep for three weeks or more. Believe me, I'm a zombie by the end of the first week. But, when I finally recognize that I am suffering from worry about something and turn to God in prayer about it, I can only say that things turn around immediately.

Immie

Last edited:
Show me the law that says students aren't allowed to pray in schools. Go ahead I'll wait.

I'd rather not get into this as I have been down this road before.

The truth is that as far as I know there is no such law. Where the problem lies is with some groups who attempt to prevent students from praying as in before a football game at a graduation ceremony or at dances.

The law doesn't state that they can not pray, but there are some people who try to intimidate them from praying using the Separation of Church and State.

Immie

Anyone can pray as individuals anytime they like. Can't they?

The truth is that as far as I know there is no such law. Where the problem lies is with some groups who attempt to prevent students from praying as in before a football game at a graduation ceremony or at dances.

The law doesn't state that they can not pray, but there are some people who try to intimidate them from praying using the Separation of Church and State.

Immie

well said immie.

Immie

well said immie.

Santa Fe Independent School Dist. v. Doe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the Supreme Court upheld a lower court ruling invalidating prayers conducted over the public address system prior to high school games at state school facilities before a school-gathered audience.

Immie

well said immie.

Santa Fe Independent School Dist. v. Doe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the Supreme Court upheld a lower court ruling invalidating prayers conducted over the public address system prior to high school games at state school facilities before a school-gathered audience.

I can see the majority's stance. The school basically gave the prayer their seal of approval which is pretty much them endorsing the religion.

I can see the majority's stance. The school basically gave the prayer their seal of approval which is pretty much them endorsing the religion.

Well then, wouldn't Evangelical have just shown you a law that said that students can not pray at school? Wasn't that what you asked him/her to do?

The fact that you can see the majority's stance on the issue (as a matter of fact, even as a Christian, I agree with the courts decision in this case) does not make it right. The majority has also upheld the theft of private property for the benefit of private corporations Kelo v New London, Ct. The majority has also held that unborn human beings can be killed at the whim of a doctor or its mother.

Just because something is legal does not make it right or just because something is illegal does not mean that it is wrong.

Immie

Well put Immanuel. I support freedom to pray on campus regardless, as a person in School, I remember feeling like a prisoner, unable to do things people could do outside, such as organize student led prayers.

I meant a law that says you cannot pray period. The prayer was an organized event by the schools given the official stamp of approval.

And of course I know that the Supreme Court makes horrible decisions nowhere did I say it was a good ruling because the supreme court though so.

I meant a law that says you cannot pray period. The prayer was an organized event by the schools given the official stamp of approval.

And of course I know that the Supreme Court makes horrible decisions nowhere did I say it was a good ruling because the supreme court though so.

Christians should pray together, can we in public schools? No.

Why should Christians be taught false histories such as early Christians being homosexuals?

Well put Immanuel. I support freedom to pray on campus regardless, as a person in School, I remember feeling like a prisoner, unable to do things people could do outside, such as organize student led prayers.

I thought the rules were schools couldn't sanction them or lead them?

I thought the rules were schools couldn't sanction them or lead them?

Most people believe you still can have moments of prayer or silence in schools, because we used to be able to do those things, I remember having moments of silence, because that's the first step to not having it at all.

Now recently the Supreme Court denies even moments of silence for students to have time to pray.

Christians should pray together, can we in public schools? No.

Why should Christians pray together?

Forum List

Back