Pro-choice at record low...41 percent.

Not quite......

If the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional, it's gone.

What are the chances of that happening?

If enough people vote against it - it's gone.

You mean if enough people on the SCOTUS.

No - if enough people vote to amend the Constitution. If the S.C. maintains that the Constitution - as currently written - protects abortion, then people can always amend the Constitution.

I'm pro life. Not out of religious convictions. I am a Christian but I took Christ at his word when he said render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. I believe a fetus is a human being who deserves protection under our legal system.

I'm sorry for the gender inequities that the biological realities of procreation create. But I don't think you remedy that by victimizes the most helpless people we have.

and sorry sfcalifornia, if enough people vote against it - it's gone. That's what it means to live in a representative democracy.

Not quite......

Wrong. It will go underground. Creating a new black market where women can be exploited for cash even more. Expanding the criminal base. More payoffs. More graft. More death.

I'm pro life. Not out of religious convictions. I am a Christian but I took Christ at his word when he said render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. I believe a fetus is a human being who deserves protection under our legal system.

I'm sorry for the gender inequities that the biological realities of procreation create. But I don't think you remedy that by victimizes the most helpless people we have.

and sorry sfcalifornia, if enough people vote against it - it's gone. That's what it means to live in a representative democracy.

Not quite......

C'mon you know as well as I do there have been plenty of instances where the majority vote was found unconstitutional.

Not quite......

So if we decide to vote that Blacks should no longer have the right to vote, then that right will be gone, right? If we vote to cut off the hands of every convicted thief, then there will be a lot of people with missing hands, right? We can vote anything we want into law, so long as enough people are in favor of it. With the mentality of a lot of Americans, I would really be worried about what could be voted into law, if it were that easy.

No - if enough people vote to amend the Constitution. If the S.C. maintains that the Constitution - as currently written - protects abortion, then people can always amend the Constitution.

Here's the truth, mister.

Blind is right. You can't do it. You can make abortion illegal. That still won't stop it. It was illegal before. Women still got abortions. Women have done so since the beginning of time. There is always a way, even if it involves throwing herself down a flight of stairs and risking death.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Not quite......

If the Supreme Court declares Roe unconstitutional, abortion isn't gone, it goes back to the states. Where it should always have been.

Not quite......

If the Supreme Court declares Roe unconstitutional, abortion isn't gone, it goes back to the states. Where it should always have been.

The states don't have a very good record with that kind of thing. See: SSM.

Something we can all be happy about, pro-life or pro-choice.

U.S. Teen Pregnancy Rate At Lowest Level In Nearly 40 Years

Teen pregnancies have declined dramatically in the United States since their peak in the early 1990s, as have the births and abortions that result; in 2008, teen pregnancies reached their lowest level in nearly 40 years, according to “U.S. Teenage Pregnancies, Births and Abortions, 2008: National Trends by Age, Race and Ethnicity,” by Kathryn Kost and Stanley Henshaw of the Guttmacher Institute. In 2008, the teen pregnancy rate was 67.8 pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15–19, which means that about 7% of U.S. teens became pregnant that year. This rate represents a 42% decline from the peak in 1990 (116.9 per 1,000). Similarly, the birthrate declined 35% between 1991 and 2008, from 61.8 to 40.2 births per 1,000 teens; the abortion rate declined 59% from its 1988 peak of 43.5 abortions per 1,000 teens to its 2008 level of 17.8 per 1,000.

Blind is right. You can't do it. You can make abortion illegal. That still won't stop it. It was illegal before. Women still got abortions. Women have done so since the beginning of time. There is always a way, even if it involves throwing herself down a flight of stairs and risking death.

Who cares? Fewer people still died when it was illegal..women and children.

Who cares? Fewer people still died when it was illegal..women and children.

Since you don't care, you don't need to post.

Shoo.

I care about the people being murdered via abortion.

I don't care so much about people who opt to kill themselves.

And I will continue to post. Shoo yourself, twit.

It's not bad news to me. I've already cleared that hurdle. But when you live in a democracy - majority rules. It the people vote to amend the constitution to prohibit abortion or apply human rights to a fetus - then abortion will be illegal. Yes, some people will choose to break that law - just like some people choose to exceed speed limits. But just because you know some people will ignore a law is no reason not to pass that law. Should we just repeal all speed limits because we know that some people will ignore them?

I'm picking up from your tone that you're getting hacked off at me. (am I wrong?) if I am, I'm sorry, I respect you and don't want to offend you. I just see this one differently.

Last edited:
BDBoop is a rabid defender of killing babies. And she's bummed that her thread ridiculing/attacking a child molestation victim went nowhere.

Last edited:

It's not bad news to me. I've already cleared that hurdle. But when you live in a democracy - majority rules. It the people vote to amend the constitution to prohibit abortion or apply human rights to a fetus - then abortion will be illegal. Yes, some people will choose to break that law - just like some people choose to exceed speed limits. But just because you know some people will ignore a law is no reason not to pass that law. Should we just repeal all speed limits because we know that some people will ignore them?

I'm picking up from your tone that you're getting hacked off at me. (am I wrong?) if I am, I'm sorry, I respect you and don't want to offend you. I just see this one differently.

Since we don't live in a true democracy where a simple majority rules, the majority does not have the right to make any law they please. But, fact of the matter is the majority in this country oppose a consitutional ban on abortions.

Abortion

If BDBoop is all of that....I suppose you are a faux-zealot who wants to dictate your decision for everyone. Which I think goes against how a free society is supposed to work. However...I would actually be OK with abortion being illegal......IF......you gave a fuck about them after they were born. But when all I see is claims of leeches, tide on the ass of society...and the general "let them eat cake" philosophy of the right.....I think your claims of moral superiority falls on deaf ears....except for the rest of your "Marie Antoinette" brethren.

Directed to "not so" Koshergirl ....of course.

Last edited:
Identifying as "pro-life" or "pro choice" doesn't matter, this does.

mvs5ofjluewwxp-aglcwmw.gif

When you learn to speak in complete sentences, let me know.

Since we don't live in a true democracy where a simple majority rules, the majority does not have the right to make any law they please. But, fact of the matter is the majority in this country oppose a consitutional ban on abortions.

Abortion

But if a two-thirds majority DID favor a constitutional ban ...
Simple civics - everyone knows that.

This poll is way off of that threshold, and I'm not gonna plant bombs at clinics, or try to de-fund planned parenthood or anything. But If I had the opportunity to vote for that ban I would.

Sorry we disagree on this one, but I'm pretty resolute on this one.

Something we can all be happy about, pro-life or pro-choice.

U.S. Teen Pregnancy Rate At Lowest Level In Nearly 40 Years

Teen pregnancies have declined dramatically in the United States since their peak in the early 1990s, as have the births and abortions that result; in 2008, teen pregnancies reached their lowest level in nearly 40 years, according to “U.S. Teenage Pregnancies, Births and Abortions, 2008: National Trends by Age, Race and Ethnicity,” by Kathryn Kost and Stanley Henshaw of the Guttmacher Institute. In 2008, the teen pregnancy rate was 67.8 pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15–19, which means that about 7% of U.S. teens became pregnant that year. This rate represents a 42% decline from the peak in 1990 (116.9 per 1,000). Similarly, the birthrate declined 35% between 1991 and 2008, from 61.8 to 40.2 births per 1,000 teens; the abortion rate declined 59% from its 1988 peak of 43.5 abortions per 1,000 teens to its 2008 level of 17.8 per 1,000.

Great news and it brings up another good point. Although I'm pro-life, I can't stand it when folks call others "pro-abortion."
No sane person is "pro-abortion" in that they WANT us to be performing lots and lots of abortions. They simply support a woman's right to make that decision with her healthcare provider without a lot of crap.
I really do get that. And I don't wish for a lot of crap to land on anyone.
I just think a fetus is a human who has the right to protection under our legal system.

Identifying as "pro-life" or "pro choice" doesn't matter, this does.

mvs5ofjluewwxp-aglcwmw.gif

So "legal under certain cirmstances" is the winner.
Heck, even I'm in that category and I'm VERY anti-abortion - but I do recognize when there are instances in which it is the better of two VERY BAD options.

I think that question is just too vague to gather any meaningful info from.

New Topics

Forum List

Back