"Pro-Bush" media before the war

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
On other forums, I have often seen posts where people talk about how the media was pro-Bush before the war (some still insist that the media is pro-Bush to this day, which is hard to believe after seeing a lot of the stuff I've seen in the NYT, LAT, CBS, ABC, and other media sources). I'm not even sure that I agree that they were mainly pro-Bush before the war.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I remembered many articles critical of Bush and the rush to war and some reporters (like Amanpour) who definitely were not pro-Bush/war. I also remember a lot of coverage of the "anti-war" protesters (I put that in quotes because many didn't seem to be for peace when they support communist regimes, have pictures of Che Guevara, throw stuff at police, and have anti-Semitic signs and make anti-Semitic remarks) and reports about how the war wasn't going well (many casualties, bad sandstorms, long supply lines, not perfectly planned, etc). http://www.mediaresearch.org/SpecialReports/2004/report0104_p1.asp is a link to an article that illustrates my point.

Sure, there were times where they talked about the explosions as if they were "cool", but this was not very often. It was also more likely that they'd make comments that were not pro-Bush, but not really anti-Bush either.

What do other people remember about the coverage?

I didn't think the media had even acknowledged him as the "REAL" president at that time. They were still counting chads.

nycflasher said:
What's the media?

The media to a democrat is Foxnews, Rush limbaugh, Sean Hannity and anyone else who opposes their view by telling the truth and letting others decide. CNN, ABCnews, MSNBC, et al are responsible journalistic networks that provide fair and balanced coverage in the democratic world.

Forum List

Back