Pro-abortion? Why?

If you feel strongly that abortion should be available to all women at all times, I'd like to know why you think this is important.

I am NOT interested in whether you think abortion is "moral" or "immoral", only in why you feel access to abortion as a health service is necessary.

This is not a "trick question", I want honest answers.

Flamers will be reported and ignored.

Here’s a reason . Nature is a bitch . Lots of bad things can happen during pregnancy . I know a woman who found out her baby to be had no brain stem. Another one had a baby who’s insides where on the outsides.

You’d have them carry those babies to term, go through a very dangerous child birth ? Only to have the baby born dead or die within minutes? Oh , and you would also force the doctors to try to save those babies or face jail .

If you feel strongly that abortion should be available to all women at all times, I'd like to know why you think this is important.

I am NOT interested in whether you think abortion is "moral" or "immoral", only in why you feel access to abortion as a health service is necessary.

The fact remains abortion should be none of the federal governments business It’s a states issue, that being said there are three parties involved in an abortion... The most innocent of the three pays the ultimate price. And that is a shame

By the way . Most anti abortion people are also pro death penalty . So spare me the sanctimonious lectures on the sanctity of life .
Quit falling down the well
Violent Criminals deserve to die...

All potentially valid reasons for abortion - IF a pregnancy is not a life. If it is - and this is a huge "if" - it deserves the same consideration as you claim for the mother. This is not a religious concept.

No, the problem is that by this religious definition (Legally, a person isn't a person until he is born, period.) that the glob of meat would have MORE rights than the woman it is inside.

Is it a Freudian slip that the "glob of meat" from your prior post has become a "baby" or an unwanted "child" in this one?

Naw, just don't want to type out "unviable mass of tissue" every time... it's time consuming.

Though you obviously think abortion is permissible, could we agree that is not desirable, and that both unwanted pregnancy and abortion should be avoided if possible? If so, keep reading...

I wouldn't agree on that at all. I have no real problem with abortion, and if it pisses the religious assholes off, so much the better.

Now, if you guys were serious about LESS unwanted pregnancies and abortions, you could support better sex education, the availability of contraception, paid family leave, universal health care... you know, all the stuff the social democracies in Europe are doing.

Your first reasons - rape, deformity, risk to health - are largely unavoidable. No one desires rape, a horribly deformed baby, or a risk to their own health. But let's contrast these reasons to your other reasons: "wouldn't work at this point in life", "just getting established in career", and "drunken hookup". These two sets of "reasons for abortion" are hugely different, and I believe that to class them together does a great injustice to women.

But the thing is, if you say one is okay, but the other isn't, then you are doing an injustice to the globs of meat you are trying to pass off as people and give more rights than the women they are inside.

Now, to a degree, I think our culture has changed. A woman often doesn't come into her own until she's pushing 30. That's how long it takes to graduate college, get established in her career, and then start making babies...and the biological clock is running out. Not sure how to fix it, but letting the religious nutters push us back to the 1920's isn't the answer.

By conflating all potential reasons for abortion, you give equal credence to women who find themselves in the tragedy of rape and those women who just want to avoid the consequences of a "drunken hookup". If abortion is undesirable, is it fair to plead all these cases as being the same?

It's only undesirable to you. If you want to say a glob of meat is a person, then he's a person even if a rapist created him. We don't execute people for crimes their parents commit. So once you said that glob of meat isn't a person, then you've conceded drunken hookup glob of meat isn't either.

You see where I'm headed here? I'm anti-abortion, but I recognize that not everyone agrees with me. So I'm arguing for compromise, a principle that is central to our governmental system but largely forgotten in today's radical political environment. It's clear that you are not open to this, but I write in hopes that others might be encouraged.

Okay, here's my comprimise... if you don't like abortion, don't have one. This decision should only be made by a woman and her doctor, period. Otherwise mind your own business.

The fact remains abortion should be none of the federal governments business It’s a states issue, that being said there are three parties involved in an abortion... The most innocent of the three pays the ultimate price. And that is a shame

It is NOT a "state's issue". It is a private matter between a woman and her doctor. There is no need for the state to be involved at all.

A woman has the right to decide if she wants to be a mother.

It is NOT a "state's issue". It is a private matter between a woman and her doctor. There is no need for the state to be involved at all.
The 10th amendment should be strengthened… Live in the state that suits your morals.

Naw, just don't want to type out "unviable mass of tissue" every time... it's time consuming. I have no real problem with abortion, and if it pisses the religious assholes off, so much the better.
Your clumsy back-pedaling belies a glimmer of conscience, and your stated desire to "piss the religious assholes off" leaves little doubt as to your character.

Keep preaching as you do, and you likely will succeed in killing both.

Naw, just don't want to type out "unviable mass of tissue" every time... it's time consuming. I have no real problem with abortion, and if it pisses the religious assholes off, so much the better.
Your clumsy back-pedaling belies a glimmer of conscience, and your stated desire to "piss the religious assholes off" leaves little doubt as to your character.

Keep preaching as you do, and you likely will succeed in killing both.
Joe hides in his mother’s basement most of the time...

Joe hides in his mother’s basement most of the time...
There's no proof that this is true, but using Democrat Rules of Evidence I'm sure he can be convicted. Doesn't matter, as the crime is it's own punishment.

So, someone can be "anti-abortion", yet still, "pro-choice".

Only those who are intellectually dishonest. The only basis for being "anti-abortion" is believing that it terminates an innocent human life. Thus also being "pro-choice" is to countenance murder. There is no escaping this moral discrepancy.

That being said, it should be left to the States to determine their own criminal statutes on this issue. For example, some States consider the killing of a pregnant woman to be double homicide while other States do not. Without specific Constitutional authority, there is no reason why the Federal Government should interfere with these determinations.
Also wrong.

Again, someone opposed to abortion may pursue a solution to end the practice, provided that solution comports with Constitutional case law and privacy rights jurisprudence.

What’s intellectually dishonest is the notion that the only way to end abortion is to ‘ban’ it.

Since intellectual honesty may be too high a bar, how about simple logic:

1. Why would someone be opposed to abortion if they did not think it constituted some form of murder?

2. Why would someone who thinks abortion is murder not be opposed to someone else committing murder?

3. Do you consider infanticide to be murder? If so, exactly when in the child's development (e.g., cutting the umbilical cord after delivery) would this apply?

P.S. Why are you afraid to answer these questions?

Last edited:
If you feel strongly that abortion should be available to all women at all times
Let's get the terms straight, to avoid further quackery by you:

That's not "pro-abortion". It's "pro-choice".

Just as wanting to ban abortion is not, "pro-life", it's 'anti-choice". Pro-life is your standard for making your own decisions. "anti-choice" is you opposing others being able to make their own choice.

Not if you consider abortion as taking a human life

If you do ... Then you are NOT pro choice unless you are also pro choice for mass murder

Modern science today says abortion is truly murdering of a human being most times for greed can't wait a couple of weeks

This greed murdef is the same as a greed murder to get money from a bank

Are you pro choice with killing for money ?

Only those who are intellectually dishonest. The only basis for being "anti-abortion" is believing that it terminates an innocent human life. Thus also being "pro-choice" is to countenance murder. There is no escaping this moral discrepancy.

That being said, it should be left to the States to determine their own criminal statutes on this issue. For example, some States consider the killing of a pregnant woman to be double homicide while other States do not. Without specific Constitutional authority, there is no reason why the Federal Government should interfere with these determinations.
Also wrong.

Again, someone opposed to abortion may pursue a solution to end the practice, provided that solution comports with Constitutional case law and privacy rights jurisprudence.

What’s intellectually dishonest is the notion that the only way to end abortion is to ‘ban’ it.

Since intellectual honesty may be too high a bar, how about simple logic:

1. Why would someone be opposed to abortion if they did not think it constituted some form of murder?

2. Why would someone who thinks abortion is murder not be opposed to someone else committing murder?

3. Do you consider infanticide to be murder? If so, exactly when in the child's development (e.g., cutting the umbilical cord after delivery) would this apply?

P.S. Why are you afraid to answer these questions?

Exactly

The reason why people dont ask themselves logical questions is that their logic is too low and should not be voting

The question of when someone becomes a human being with associated rights is one that the pro-abortion crowd simply cannot answer. When this is asked, they scurry back into the woodwork.

The question of when someone becomes a human being with associated rights is one that the pro-abortion crowd simply cannot answer. When this is asked, they scurry back into the woodwork.

Yep

The pro choice crowd tries to come out at times and give their reason thinking its logical. Then
Quickly they get slammed down and they scurry back !

Viability .

But let’s hear the disingenuous argument how a 1 year old is not viable cause someone has to care for it .

Viability .

But let’s hear the disingenuous argument how a 1 year old is not viable cause someone has to care for it .
quit falling down the well
Abortion is all about situational morality, People need Planned Parenthood and the like to take care of their dirty work.
And the profits from baby butchery are excellent

I vote Republican and I want abortion to stay legal. I think it shouldnt be done after 5 months

I vote Republican and I want abortion to stay legal. I think it shouldnt be done after 5 months

Should New York leaders be arrested for their abortion killing us citizens at 9 months when baby is crawling out??

Do you kill it when it had one arm
Out during his crawling out??

Abortionists must be arrested for murder if this nation is to survive

Virginia governor says if the baby crawls out and is out then it still can be killed !!

See how democrats are about to get destroyed ?

This issue will destroy the whole crooked deep state

Forum List

Back