Prize Winning Author Heather MacDonald on CSPAN now discussing her book, The War on Cops

Snouter

Can You Smell Me
Aug 3, 2013
The afro american host tried the usual left wingnut ad hominems like she can't understand the issues because she ain't an afro american, etc. Heather points out what most of us know already, that the domestic terror group BLM is endanger every American citizen.

As usual, progressives are hosing the black communities with this bogus racist cops issue....gining up the hate factor so they'll go out and vote Dum. The Dums have effectively been hosing the blacks for decades and decades.......f'ing racists. When is the last time you've heard a Dum leader talk about black on black crime........places like Chicago are war zones........nobody is caring amongst the Dums but they'll trump up the shit out of the racist cop crap because we have an election coming and they need every swinging black dick to show up at the polls.

Heather Mac Donald Talks About Her Essential Book: The War on Cops
July 08, 2016

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: And greetings to you. Happy to have you with us, ladies and gentlemen, the Rush Limbaugh program, it is Friday. Let's commence. And I know that many of you want to weigh in on what's going on all over the place. And you shall. Whatever you want to talk about when we get to the phones, telephone number is 800‑282‑2882. And the e‑mail address is [email protected].

Okay. The war on cops has now come to Dallas, Texas. The war on police has come to Dallas, Texas. Now, after the program yesterday I interviewed Heather Mac Donald for the next issue of the Limbaugh Letter. She has a book out. She's a scholar, Manhattan Institute, and a prolific writer. And her most recent book is: The War on Cops: How the New Attack on Law and Order Makes Everyone Less Safe. Not just the cops, but particularly the cops.

Heather-mac-Donald_War-On-Cops-_-Rush-B.jpg
It was a compelling interview, and this morning I feverishly reached out and asked her if she had some time because she said some incredible things. Her research has produced some incredible statistics, and I want you to hear it from her. So she has graciously consented to come back and she joins us now. Heather, thanks for making time today. I really appreciate it.

MAC DONALD: Oh Rush, it's an honor talking to you twice in 24 hours.

RUSH: It's a rare opportunity. Most people don't get that. (laughing)

MAC DONALD: They'd kill to be in my position.

RUSH: It's great that you had time to do this, because this book, I would now call this book essential. Let me mention the title of this one more time, folks, "The War on Cops," which will help you find it, that's really all you need. The full title is "How the New Attack on Law and Order Makes Everybody Less Safe." I don't want to steal your thunder, but I want to review some of the things that you said yesterday. I went back to the transcript of the interview. Let me run through some of these things before you elaborate.

You said you could end all police shootings tomorrow, both lethal and nonlethal and justified and unjustified, and it would have a negligible effect on the astronomical rate at which blacks die by shootings. And then there was this: The Justice Department under Obama came out with a report in March of 2015, a little over a year ago, that found that black and Hispanic officers were actually far more likely to shoot unarmed black suspects under what's known as threat misperception. That is the false belief that the suspect is armed. That happens much more than with white officers, who are less likely to engage in that type of threat misperception.

Then there was a study by the New York Police Department. Te former acting director of the National Institute of Justice found that black officers in the New York Police Department were 3.3 times more likely to use their guns at shooting scenes than white officers. So, A, officers are more hesitant about shooting armed black suspects than armed white suspects to the point where now there's a risk that officers are hesitating so long that they may put their own lives at risk. The Black Lives Matter, that is all about white officers attacking blacks, is simply not true. That's the bottom line here. Everything everybody believes isn't true. They think Ferguson, Missouri happens every day. And it does not.

BlackLives-B.jpg
MAC DONALD: Well, Rush, President Obama lied to the nation last night, and he embraced the Black Lives Matter myth that there is a racist war by white officers against black civilians in this country. And we see the results. In fact, there's no government agency more dedicated to the proposition that Black Lives Matter than the police. Proactive policing has saved tens of thousands of minority lives since the mid‑1990s.

And now police officers are backing off. They've been backing off before the Dallas assassinations under the assault of hatred that is being spewed at them on the streets. But above all in the mainstream media by activists and by politicians from the White House on down, they're backing off of proactive policing, and crime is going up astronomically, as much as 90 percent in cities with large black populations. And now, after these Dallas shootings, officers are going to be even more reluctant to engage. And the result is going to be more carnage.

RUSH: Yeah, it's going to be a long summer. And something I mentioned to you yesterday that I want to throw back out there is that the sickening thing to me about this, nobody likes seeing this. We can't deny that what happened in Minnesota happened. We can't deny that what happened in Louisiana happened with those two shootings. We can't deny what happened in Ferguson happened. But they make it up after it happens. We don't really know what happened in Minneapolis yet. We don't really know what happened in Louisiana yet, all the circumstances.

But we do know that in Ferguson they created a totally false narrative. Hands up, don't shoot, never happened. And yet how many people in this country, minorities, believe that it did, to this day. Now, how is that possible? And my contention is that we have a political party that's seeking to benefit from all of this. A political party, the Democrats, are seeking to advance their agenda with every one of these unfortunate incidents. And if that is the case it isn't going to stop. You've got Jesse Jackson out there today blaming Donald Trump for this, for crying out loud. And he's not the only one doing so.

MAC DONALD: Well, it's politics and it's also ideology. There's an ideology that's taken hold of universities, that has taken hold of elite establishments, that is committed to the myth of endemic white racism. And you're right, there have been bad shootings, police shootings. The Walter Scott shooting in North Charleston was very bad. The Laquan McDonald shooting in Chicago. These were appalling incidents of police negligence and likely criminality. But those are not representative of this nation's police forces. They are more professional than ever before and they are dedicated to saving black lives.

RUSH: Heather, let me stop you there because these are assertions that you're making that you have backed up with research. You're not just pontificating here off the cuff. By the way, Heather Mac Donald's our guest here, The War on Cops is her new book. Everything you just said has been backed up by research you conducted.

MAC DONALD: Well, let's look at some of the numbers. I know numbers are sometimes tough over the radio, but a larger proportion of white and Hispanic homicide deaths are the results of police killings than black homicide deaths. That is, 12 percent of all whites and Hispanics who die of homicide are killed by police officers. Four percent of all blacks, homicide victims, are killed by police officers. So if we're going to have an Anti‑Cop Lives Matter movement it would make more sense to call it White and Hispanic Lives Matter.

The fact is that over 6,000 blacks die of homicide each year. That is more than white and Hispanic homicide victims combined, even though blacks are 13 percent of the nation's population. And the reason they are dying of homicide at a rate six times higher than whites and Hispanics combined is because they commit homicide at eight times the rate higher than whites and Hispanics combined. And that type of crime disparity means that when the police are trying to save lives, they are in minority neighborhoods confronting people engaged in drive‑by shootings, killing children.

In the last 72 hours in Chicago there's been about four children under the age of eight who have been shot. One boy shot in the back on Father's Day. A three‑year‑old boy was shot. He's now paralyzed for life. That's who police are trying to protect. But given the disparities in crime rates the police cannot help but be in minority neighborhoods where they're confronting violent and resisting suspects and sometimes officers themselves will have to use force to protect themselves and protect innocent bystanders.

RUSH: Heather, you've just alluded to something that's highly politically incorrect. You've just given numbers, hard evidence, on what is called black-on-black crime. You're not supposed to mention that during incidents like this because the only thing you're supposed to talk about, Heather, is how vicious racist white cops are hunting down innocent black men in neighborhoods. That's the narrative. That's what inner-city youths are being taught. That's what they're being told.

MAC DONALD: Rush, here's another very politically incorrect fact, and I don't want to racialize policing, people should not. But if we're going to talk about race and policing, let's talk about cop killings. Over the last decade, black males made up 40 percent of all cop killers, even though they're six percent of the population. It turns out, Rush, that a police officer is 18-and-a-half times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is likely to be killed by a police officer.

<SNIP>

But in fact it makes a lot of sense to have a Blue Lives Matter movement because officers are putting their lives on the line every day. They were running towards the shooting scene in Dallas last night as they run towards shooting scenes in inner cities on a daily basis to try and protect children. We don't know the names of these black children who have been killed because the Black Lives Matter activists don't care to talk about it.

In Cleveland in September of 2015, three children under the age of five were murdered by drive-by shootings, leading the police chief there, who happens to be black, to break down in tears and say everybody protests when a cop is shot. Why aren't we out here protesting when we shoot each other? That is the big mystery of our time. And again President Obama last night only fanned these fires of hatred by putting out his usual lies that the criminal justice system is racist. It is not. It responds to crime in order to try to protect lives, not to take them.

RUSH: Speaking of President Obama, in part of show prep today I found a story from March, I think, of 2015, in which President Obama welcomed two founders of Black Lives Matter to the White House and commemorated them and their efforts and praised them as being better organizers than he is. And Black Lives Matter was exactly who they are then as who they are today. They're a terrorist group. They're quickly becoming a terrorist group committing hate crimes. And the attorney general today is saying that she's going to look into this, investigate this as a hate crime, which is amazing they're not trying to find out if this guy is a member of the Tea Party.

MAC DONALD: (Laughing) Absolutely. It is so appropriate that the Black Lives Matter movement took off on the basis of the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, which as you say, Rush, was a hoax and has continued to venerate Michael Brown as a martyr to police brutality, which is also a hoax, because the entire movement is based on a lie.

It is simply not the case that the police are disproportionately shooting black males when you take violent crime into account. And for President Obama to give that movement any credibility when it is now threatening law and order itself, we are at risk of attacking the very foundation of civilization if this type of hatred continues.

And I can tell you, Rush, that what happened in Dallas is an extreme version of what officers are experiencing every day. It's why we have seen a 17 percent increase in homicides last year in the 56 largest cities. An almost unprecedented one-year spike in homicides because officers are backing off of proactive policing, because I hear this from officers across the country, and I was contacted two weeks ago by several Dallas officers who were talking about their reluctance to engage in proactive policing, because when they get out of their cars now, and this is happening across the country, officers in inner-city areas find themselves surrounded by hostile jeering crowds, sticking cell phones right in the officer's face.

It's not a question of standing on the curb, filming an incident. It's a question of interfering with an arrest scene, going in and refusing to obey orders. As a Chicago cop told me several weeks ago when I was out there, he's never seen such hatred directed at officers in his 20 years in policing. He said this is an almost undoable job now. And, again, the lives that are being lost in this crime spike, Baltimore is now at its highest per capita homicide rate in its history, are overwhelmingly black lives. But if this continues we're going to return to the situation of the 1960s and the 1970s, where people were fleeing cities because lawlessness was out of control.

RUSH: Talking here with Heather Mac Donald, a quick commercial break and I'll come back and I'll ask you a related question. Her book, by the way, folks, which is now essential, The War on Cops: How The New Attack on Law and Order Makes Everyone Less Safe. I don't like to blindside people with questions, particularly political. If you don't even want to answer this I would understand.

But when we get back here, think about if you were contacted by officials in Dallas, and you may well be, in light of what obviously happened there, what happened in Minneapolis, what happened in Louisiana, and the cop shootings, black suspects that are legit, that do happen. What would you say if somebody asked you how to deal with this in the inner city or African-American community. How would you approach them? How would you get your message to them?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We're back with Heather Mac Donald. She graduated from Yale 1978, attended Cambridge, and graduated from Stanford University Law School in 1985. She has written numerous articles and several books on the subject of whether cops are racist. And she's currently at the Manhattan Institute. What would you do? We obviously want this stuff to end. We want law and order to triumph. We want respect for everybody. What you do? You've become an expert now on what's going wrong.

BlackLivesMatterShort.jpg
MAC DONALD: Rush, I would try something absolutely unique in this area which is truth. I think that when the Black Lives Matter movement has been allowed to thrive by a deliberate ignorance -- cultivated ignorance -- about the problem of black crime, that you cannot understand police activity without understanding patterns of crime. And the media has basically suppressed any knowledge about how bad things are in inner cities. So I would start by giving the data on black crime that explains why officers are in inner-city neighborhoods trying to save lives.

And beyond that, I would give voice to the many people in inner-city communities that I have spoken to over the years that adore the cops. I would give voice to people like Mrs. Sweeper, a cancer amputee in the Mount Hope section of the Bronx, who told me, "Please, Jesus, send more police." The only time she felt safe to go into her building lobby and pick up her mail was when the police were there because the place was otherwise colonized by teens trespassing, smoking weed, and dealing drugs. There are thousands, millions --

RUSH: See, you're not supposed to talk about that stuff going on. You start into that and you'll have Jesse Jackson into your case. Can you hang on just a couple more minutes? Just a couple more questions here, because you're so fascinating, and the data you have is so interesting. Just a couple more minutes. I've got to take a quick break and we'll be right back.

Moderation Note to Vigilante --- This is copyrighted material. You posted the entire article. This is a violation of USMB TOS. You've done it before. And USMB doesn't want to get sued by Limbaugh. Next time -- warning.. I've shortened it.

Heather Mac Donald Talks About Her Essential Book: The War on Cops - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Last edited by a moderator:
The afro american host tried the usual left wingnut ad hominems like she can't understand the issues because she ain't an afro american, etc. Heather points out what most of us know already, that the domestic terror group BLM is endanger every American citizen.
Especially the Jews..

This is what we rwnjs have to deal with every day here on usmb. If we make the same arguments and facts as miss heather we are told how full of shit we are, and that is a quote. The issue is sort of like the terrorism issue. Obama whines, don't make me call them by what they are, radical,Islamic terrorism., and the race warriors scream, don't make me listen to facts. In both cases we get no closer to solving the problem. Wonder why?

She nails it with the family structure issue. I've been making the same point for over 25 years now as I live in a mostly black county with a median income on par with the richest counties of half of the states yet we still have the second worst schools and second highest crime rate in the state (only Baltimore is worse). But that fatherlessness reality runs counter to the politics that democrats must propagate in order to corral black victim votes.
No democrat will ever hear or read any of MacDonald's book so it won't make a difference unfortunately.

"The War on Cops"

Hyperbolic nonsense, more demagoguery from the right.

It’s this sort of rhetoric from conservatives that serves only to further divide Americans, something most on the right clearly seek to do.

This is what we rwnjs have to deal with every day here on usmb. If we make the same arguments and facts as miss heather we are told how full of shit we are, and that is a quote. The issue is sort of like the terrorism issue. Obama whines, don't make me call them by what they are, radical,Islamic terrorism., and the race warriors scream, don't make me listen to facts. In both cases we get no closer to solving the problem. Wonder why?
They don't want to solve it.

I find there statistics interesting. And this weekend one bears it out..

" if we're going to talk about race and policing, let's talk about cop killings. Over the last decade, black males made up 40percent of all cop killers, even though they're six percent of the population. It turns out, Rush, that a police officer is 18-and-a-half timesmore likely to be killed by a blackmale than an unarmed black male islikely to be killed by a police officer."

Obama's and the democrat's efforts to drive their voters to kill cops makes us all less safe. Cops are now more fearful of the public and with fewer cops the public is less safe from democrat street criminals.

Forum List

Back