Privatize the FDIC and more

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
The FDIC is running out of funds. Let's be consistent. Let's get the government out of the insurance business.

I do not want my tax dollars to cover deposits of irresponsible depositors.

Let's get the conservatives behind abolishing the FDIC. We need to be consistent. Then we privatize Medicare and Medicaid.

Let's follow through on Bush's initiative to privatize social security.

It is not too late to pull back Tarp funds.

It is ridiculous to sit around and criticize health care reform. That is easy.

Conservatives need to go on the offense and start going after the already established government entitlements.
That is the heavy lifting that takes guts.

Don't be wooses by criticizing reform that will never happen. Go after the already established government backed programs.

In politics offense is tough, defense is easy. Come on conservatives let's start playing offense.

The FDIC is running out of funds. Let's be consistent. Let's get the government out of the insurance business.

Let's get the conservatives behind abolishing the FDIC. We need to be consistent. Then we privatize Medicare and Medicaid.

Conservatives need to go on the offense and start going after the already established government entitlements.

Don't be wooses by criticizing reform that will never happen. Go after the already established government backed programs.

In politics offense is tough, defense is easy. Come on conservatives let's start playing offense.

Where are the conservatives that want to go on the offense and start getting rid of current goverment run programs.

No one is stepping forward. Some conservative has to show some guts.

Define "irresponsible depositor" if you will. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Why should the government be bailing out banks and individuals who are their customers even if they are responsible.

Less government means no FDIC

That is my offering what else should we cut.

If we really want to reduce government let's get our butts in gear.

We will not reduce government by only stopping new programs. We need to slash existing programs.

Why should the government be bailing out banks and individuals who are their customers even if they are responsible.

We will not reduce government by only stopping new programs. We need to slash existing programs.

no no,, you used the term "irresponsible depositor" I'd like a definition for "irresponsible depositor" Please! and Thank You.

willow's got you on this one.......smacked down and not getting up you are, mudd.

no no,, you used the term "irresponsible depositor" I'd like a definition for "irresponsible depositor" Please! and Thank You.

I mis-spoke.

I meant any depositor.

An irresponsible depositor is one that does not take the time to check the solvency of the bank. They chase a high interest rate on their deposit and assume higher risk assuming the government will bail them out.

But if we privatize or eliminate FDIC we cannot distinguish. If a bank fails the depositors and stock holders absorb the loss, not the government. Any depositor whether irresponsible or not absorbs the loss.

willow's got you on this one.......smacked down and not getting up you are, mudd.

I have not received any support or suggestions for further cuts.

Are there any true conservatives on this site.

If we are going to reduce government, we need to get serious.

Dear Elmer Mudd Office Holder

Subject: mess with my entitlement, and I will vote you out of office

Sounds like a winner. When do we get started?

I have not received any support or suggestions for further cuts.

Are there any true conservatives on this site.

If we are going to reduce government, we need to get serious.

Get rid of congress and levy a flat tax. The sole purpose of the congresscritters is to punish (levy taxes) on the American citizen.And, then steal us blind. With a flat tax we could do without the congress and about 2/3 of the IRS.

I mis-spoke.

I meant any depositor.

An irresponsible depositor is one that does not take the time to check the solvency of the bank. They chase a high interest rate on their deposit and assume higher risk assuming the government will bail them out.

But if we privatize or eliminate FDIC we cannot distinguish. If a bank fails the depositors and stock holders absorb the loss, not the government. Any depositor whether irresponsible or not absorbs the loss.

that would put bank robbers slam outta business. and nobody would deposit money, without money deposited and declared we could all be like democwats and avoid paying taxes which would equal decreased revenue for the democwats to steal.. okay.. let's do away with the FDIC without them a coffee can will do just fine. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The FDIC is a critical component of the economy. It is crucial in containing bank runs and maintaining confidence in the financial system. Ben Bernanke called it the single most important factor ending the Depression. Even Milton Friedman noted the FDIC's important contribution to the end of the Great Depression.

Besides, governments are going to backstop deposits, even without deposit insurance. You might as well have a program to facilitate the process.

I mis-spoke.

I meant any depositor.

that would put bank robbers slam outta business. and nobody would deposit money, without money deposited and declared we could all be like democwats and avoid paying taxes which would equal decreased revenue for the democwats to steal.. okay.. let's do away with the FDIC without them a coffee can will do just fine. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are no conservative Willow. You are a woosy liberal wanting the govt to protect you from banks failing. Remeber the govt does nothing well.

Willow, are you a cat trying to sound like a woman or a woman trying to sound like a cat?

and the worst are the conservatives who want to get rid of any govt entitlement except the ones they get.

Hypocrits to the highest degree.

Medicare is almost already privatized. Oddly one of the things Bush's administration did right in spite of resistance from the Dems in power at the time. If he hadn't coverage would have been lost for good instead of just having to pay a bit more.

and the worst are the conservatives who want to get rid of any govt entitlement except the ones they get.

Hypocrits to the highest degree.
Wow....Republican hypocrites....There's a news flash.

I guess that makes them almost a hypocritical as democratics who bristle about privacy robbing laws, like the USAPATRIOT act, right up until the point that they get to weild and abuse them, huh??

How is the FDIC an entitlement?

If you're a bank you have to pay into the fund to keep being called a bank.

It's insurance.

Forum List

Back