Privatize % of SS ?

Some or all or none

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are 20 million adults in this country that are functionally illiterate which means they can not read well enough to follow simple instructions, can not write a letter, and can not add and subtract. You think these people are going to learn about asset allocation and going to do a comparative analysis between various investment? You're dreaming.

Perhaps it's time to stop trying to coddle them. It's not like their lives are any better with all the subsidies. Basic needs for those who need them.
It these people were told to go out and find their own investments, most of them would lose their money and have nothing to retire on. Just as in the past Congress would create a new welfare program.

There are 20 million adults in this country that are functionally illiterate which means they can not read well enough to follow simple instructions, can not write a letter, and can not add and subtract. You think these people are going to learn about asset allocation and going to do a comparative analysis between various investment? You're dreaming.

Perhaps it's time to stop trying to coddle them. It's not like their lives are any better with all the subsidies. Basic needs for those who need them.
It these people were told to go out and find their own investments, most of them would lose their money and have nothing to retire on. Just as in the past Congress would create a new welfare program.

And you just know this?

Funny how you libbies like to think you have such faith in people yet you don't think people are capable of actually doing anything for themselves. I guess we heartless libertarians believe in people and their abilities more than most of you.

It's is not difficult to learn a few basic and sound mutual fund strategies that will perform quite well over a working life time.

And you just know this?

Funny how you libbies like to think you have such faith in people yet you don't think people are capable of actually doing anything for themselves. I guess we heartless libertarians believe in people and their abilities more than most of you.

It's is not difficult to learn a few basic and sound mutual fund strategies that will perform quite well over a working life time.
Liberalism not only caters to the lowest common denominator, but it tries to drag everyone else down to that level

I don't think anyone is suggesting that people just be handed a wad of cash and told to run out and "find their own investments", and let us know how it works out for them. And even if we were, how hard is it to find an investment planner? They're listed in the phone book.

double standard? still stuck with the alarmist mentality?

fact: The US government does what it does with the consent of the American people. If you have issues with the present form of government say so. I do and I say so. :eusa_whistle:

Legal and ethical are two very distinct standards. just thought you'd like to know :eusa_whistle:

I vote for anyone who says they'll trash SS but all you sheep out there who have fallen for the government is looking out for you bullshit outnumber me.

Tell me. would you like your employer to use your retirement contributions to pay the benefits of people that retired before you started working there?

If not then why would you support the fucking government doing the exact same thing?

And I guess it doesn't matter to you that we'd all be able to retire wealthier if you kept the money the fucking government takes to fund the Ponzi scam.

Wow.....where to start.

1) It's NOT a Ponzi Scheme.

Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? - BusinessWeek

Why Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme - Jan. 7, 2009

2) I'll vote for anyone who says that SS must be kept the way it is even if we have to raise taxes to do it.

3) I'll be retiring plenty wealthy and the piddly ass 4.2% that the government deducts from my paycheck doesn't even factor in. But SS is also cheap insurance that ensures that even if I lose all my money I will have some type of income.

4) Instead of crying about 4.2% you should try investing some of your money so you won't be so reliant on your Social Security.

FICA Tax

5) I believe SS will be there beyond my lifetime. Why? Because MORE THAT 90% of people under 30 consider it to be an important government program.

So no matter what you say SS ain't goin nowhere...:tongue:

:clap2:

Perhaps. But since they'd still have a safety net for basic needs it's really up to them.

I vote for anyone who says they'll trash SS but all you sheep out there who have fallen for the government is looking out for you bullshit outnumber me.

Tell me. would you like your employer to use your retirement contributions to pay the benefits of people that retired before you started working there?

If not then why would you support the fucking government doing the exact same thing?

And I guess it doesn't matter to you that we'd all be able to retire wealthier if you kept the money the fucking government takes to fund the Ponzi scam.

Wow.....where to start.

1) It's NOT a Ponzi Scheme.

Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? - BusinessWeek

Why Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme - Jan. 7, 2009

2) I'll vote for anyone who says that SS must be kept the way it is even if we have to raise taxes to do it.

3) I'll be retiring plenty wealthy and the piddly ass 4.2% that the government deducts from my paycheck doesn't even factor in. But SS is also cheap insurance that ensures that even if I lose all my money I will have some type of income.

4) Instead of crying about 4.2% you should try investing some of your money so you won't be so reliant on your Social Security.

FICA Tax

5) I believe SS will be there beyond my lifetime. Why? Because MORE THAT 90% of people under 30 consider it to be an important government program.

So no matter what you say SS ain't goin nowhere...:tongue:

:clap2:

Another sheep who would rather have the fucking idiots in the government run his life.

Forum List

Back