Private takeover of Government Function

Let's start with all the things that are NOT Legal Programs under the US Constitution.....

Dept. of Energy; Dept. of Education; Dept. of Housing and Urban Development; Medicare; Medicaid; Social Security; Welfare....

Do you get the idea, or should I go on?

I wasn't thinking about all the area that someone else could take over I was thinking about whar areas I or you could take over form a public private partnership. For example is there anyone who is willing to buy a fire truck and relieve a town from the need to provide fire protection? It seems unlikely that anyone would step up and do this. But are there other areas of government function where someone would actually, for example, create a charity which would then put pressure on the government to give up part or all of this function?

Why not sell all the interstates? The new owners could turn them into toll roads and do the upkeep and the US government gets to relieve some of our debt. This is essentially what Indiana did to their toll road.

None of them. Every thing the private sector does in terms of "Government functions" like prisons and mercenaries..they fuck up..and fuck up bad.

I ask again --- Is there some function of governenment that anyone would, personally, like to start a charity which has the purpose of taking over, or forming a public private partnership to take over, the named function?

I ask again --- Is there some function of governenment that anyone would, personally, like to start a charity which has the purpose of taking over, or forming a public private partnership to take over, the named function?

The Treasury. Anyone with a first grade education could print money more efficiently than the government.

What areas of Government could the private sector share in or take over

Most of the things the government know does are done by psuedo corporations, CIA FBI DEA EPA the alphabet people are the result. The Progressives believe that government intervention was necessary to produce justice in an industrial society.Progressive seek "elites"in all phases of industry and government to produce a "just" society.

Blackwater TOTALLY needs to become our privatized POLICE FORCE.

what could go wrong??

what could go wrong??

I'd go for that. I know a bunch of those guys, and I absolutely love them. They're great guys who get the job done. You might not want them as your guests at a black-tie dinner, but they'd definitely get the job done.

I wasn't thinking about all the area that someone else could take over I was thinking about whar areas I or you could take over form a public private partnership. For example is there anyone who is willing to buy a fire truck and relieve a town from the need to provide fire protection? It seems unlikely that anyone would step up and do this. But are there other areas of government function where someone would actually, for example, create a charity which would then put pressure on the government to give up part or all of this function?

In reality, most towns already do this through volunteer fire depts. The equipment is paid for through donations and fundraisers and the station is manned by volunteers. My town also augments the town police force with a citizen patrol.

You seem to be of the opinion that government is needed because Americans will not willingly perform the functions of government. Is that accurate?

what could go wrong??

I'd go for that. I know a bunch of those guys, and I absolutely love them. They're great guys who get the job done. You might not want them as your guests at a black-tie dinner, but they'd definitely get the job done.

indeed. regardless of WHO they have to kill to get 'er done, eh?

Forum List

Back