Private sector

Iowa10000

Rookie
Nov 1, 2010
What i would like to know from someone is this.

If you had a job you wanted done and you bided it at 51,000 and all of a sudden you had a problem due to financial problems and you told them, hey I still want everything done but I want you to do it for 20% less because i don't have enough money. So your workers are going to have to do the job for less pay, What would you say if it was your job.

• Banned
yeah and if you accepted the bid and after you had the job and all your labor lined up they told you that they couldn't meet the obligation they agreed to. They told you they still wanted you to do the job but for 20% less. And you went to your workers and told them, well the guy wants us to do the job for less so I'm going to cut your pay by 20%. And from now on thats all your going to get unless I think you deserve more, and maybe this won't even be enough. Now I need all of you guys because the work is still there.

Those guys would be like its cool, we were rippng you off to begin with so it will be fine.

There would be alot of deep breathing and chin rubbing as if they are sacrificing though, but dont worry its just an act.

I think you go ahead with the project, paying the crew what you promised, and when the money runs out, tell the owner your crew will be back after he refinances the job. You don't work for free, you work for fair, and if it ain't fair, then its free. Sweet talk don't pay the bills for your family.

And when that happens, replace him with someone who will do the job cheaper and likely better.

Yeah nothing like this but hes trying to compare it to teachers in wisconsin somehow, so we cant work within the realm of the real world right now. deal with it.

Forum List

Back