Private sector "is" doing just fine.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
"It's very clear that private-sector jobs have been doing just fine; it's the public-sector jobs where we've lost huge numbers, and that's what this legislation is all about," Reid said on the Senate floor.

... Private-sector jobs have increased over the last 19 months, while government jobs have lagged. They've also seen cuts in several states that are struggling to balanced their books

Let's look at changes in public-sector employment in Wisconsin as reported by the Bureau of

Harry Reid, October 2011: 'Private-sector Jobs Have Been Doing Just Fine' | NewsBusters.org

I am so sick of Obama backing down. He needs to say what he mean and mean what he say. He did not make a gaffe. Private sector is doing fine, created 800.000 jobs last year and making lots of money. And 71,000 jobs were cut from education and nearly 31,000 from the NHS as public sector workforce shrank to 5.94 400,000 public sector jobs cut.

Last edited:
"It's very clear that private-sector jobs have been doing just fine; it's the public-sector jobs where we've lost huge numbers, and that's what this legislation is all about," Reid said on the Senate floor.

... Private-sector jobs have increased over the last 19 months, while government jobs have lagged. They've also seen cuts in several states that are struggling to balanced their books

Let's look at changes in public-sector employment in Wisconsin as reported by the Bureau of

Harry Reid, October 2011: 'Private-sector Jobs Have Been Doing Just Fine' | NewsBusters.org

I am so sick of Obama backing down. He needs to say what he mean and mean what he say. He did not make a gaffe. Private sector is doing fine, created 800.000 jobs last year and making lots of money. And 71,000 jobs were cut from education and nearly 31,000 from the NHS as public sector workforce shrank to 5.94 400,000 public sector jobs cut.
Cutting public jobs was what the GOP wanted, right?

Cutting public jobs was what the GOP wanted, right?

Just ask Bammy to print more money....

I guess it depends.
If layoffs, 8.2% UE, record low labor participation, high food stamp usage, and record poverty are indicative of a strong private sector then I guess he's right.
Me, I have my doubts.

and what will the Dems say when the June Jobs numbers come out in 3 weeks and we lose about 30,000 jobs? the summer seasonal jobs are done.they are not hiring in groves in Florida. you have to assume that the jobs that came in over the last 60/70 days are summer employment in the northeast. and those jobs go fast!

Obama is lying his ass off. Government jobs are up compared to civilian jobs.

DEMOCRATS JOBS RECORD!!!
fredgraph.png
[/QUOTE]

The private sector is doing fine.

Nope, still isn't true.

You use one of the biggest liars in Washington as your source?

Hey pal. No one believes this shit. No one. Not even you I'd bet.

I guess it depends.
If layoffs, 8.2% UE, record low labor participation, high food stamp usage, and record poverty are indicative of a strong private sector then I guess he's right.
Me, I have my doubts.

It's not and he never said "strong".

It is indicative of a shrinking public sector though. Which is what the GOP wants and what we're getting.

It is indicative of a shrinking public sector though. Which is what the GOP wants and what we're getting.

The public sector is not shrinking!!!!! Obama is full of lies!!!! So is the MSNBC wing of his campaign committee.

Last edited:
600,000 public sector jobs have been lost since Obama became president.

That is what conservatives wanted.

If you were to factor out the direct and indirect effects of all of that conservative endorsed austerity,

you would see that the private sector is in fact doing fine, given the severity of the overall recession.

The public sector is not shrinking!!!!! Obama is full of lies!!!!

gov%20employment%20four%20recessions.png

If those public sector jobs weren't lost, and the number of jobs grew like it did with Reagan and Bush, there would be 1.4M more people working right now.

The public sector is not shrinking!!!!! Obama is full of lies!!!!

gov%20employment%20four%20recessions.png

If those public sector jobs weren't lost, and the number of jobs grew like it did with Reagan and Bush, there would be 1.4M more people working right now.

Your chart only shows government jobs. The reality is that government jobs fell at the same rate as the private sector. Over the last 5 months government jobs are way are up compared to civilian jobs. The red line has government jobs added in. The blue one is civilian jobs only.

fredgraph.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back