Private Military Companies

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
http://207.44.245.159/article3396.htm

interesting I thought

Edit---watching the History channel and learning a lot about the dependence of our military on Private Military Companies and their involvement in providing security in Iraq. I assume a lot of you knew this already but I was amazed !!!

Haliburton yes but So many others that we rely on and sometimes are let down by and the failure of some of these "military companies" gets attributed to our REAL forces in Iraq.

true, but PMCs also have some use. The situation in Sierra Leone where just over a hundred South African mercs did a job 17,000 UN peacekeepers were later unable to do comes to mind.

The post Cold War draw down of the military “invited” many lucrative contracts. PMC's aren't always mercenary organizations either. Many of them provide augmentation to support units in the military, deployed abroad and stateside. I worked as a “civilian Marine” for about three years in an aviation unit.

My former co-worker is one of the only guys that was rated combat aircrew wings as a civilian in Iraq.

You’d be surprised (maybe not) at some companies that have PMC subsidiaries.

-Raytheon
-United Tecnologies
-Computer Sciences Corporation
-GM
-Boeing
-Lockheed Martin
-L3
-Textron

Forum List

Back