Private Law vs Public Law

That does not surprise me....

That you don't know what you're talking about and nobody else does either? No, not surprising at all. Have fun playing with yourself!

Its not that hard to understand but I suspect some people won't get it because deep down they believe society is an autocracy where every single human interaction is created by the state. I was using a natural law argument that not everything is dictated by the state and in order for freedom to exist there has to be a distinct separation between the authority of the state (public law) and our own authority (private law) and in order for some things to do very well and exist within the scope of freedom it has to be within the scope of natural law due to the choices it provides for us through the voluntary participation process.

I can only speak for myself but when I exercise my will I take into consideration many factors. Breaking the law of the state is definitely one of them. But there are other considerations which are my personal domain for sure.

That you don't know what you're talking about and nobody else does either? No, not surprising at all. Have fun playing with yourself!

Its not that hard to understand but I suspect some people won't get it because deep down they believe society is an autocracy where every single human interaction is created by the state. I was using a natural law argument that not everything is dictated by the state and in order for freedom to exist there has to be a distinct separation between the authority of the state (public law) and our own authority (private law) and in order for some things to do very well and exist within the scope of freedom it has to be within the scope of natural law due to the choices it provides for us through the voluntary participation process.

I can only speak for myself but when I exercise my will I take into consideration many factors. Breaking the law of the state is definitely one of them. But there are other considerations which are my personal domain for sure.

I think you got what I was trying to say that there are some things that exist outside of government authority and belong within our own societal laws we created through our own personal decisions and the mutual interactions with others.

Not quite sure what you are attempting to proffer here, but the religious concept of "free choice" may or may not intermix with Man's law.

You reference natural law, are you speaking from a theology point of view or such as "crimes against nature", as some refer to them, buggery, bestiality, etc.

Some of the Lord's 10 Commandments are also codified in man's law.

1. Though shall not kill.

2. Though shall not commit adultery. (still on the books in some states, plus bigamy is outlawed)

3. Though shall not steal.

4. Though shall not bear false witness.

5. Though shall keep holy the sabbath. (Blue laws; possibly desuetude)

Forum List

Back