Private health insurance not banned on page 16 of the House bill

No, I don't want insurance companies to make the rules for the exchange because I don't think there should BE an exchange. Our government has no right to tell insurance companies who they have to cover and what coverage they have to offer. Do you not see a problem with this? I know you're young, but good grief learn to step up and protect your freedoms before you find them gone. You're exchanging your freedoms for a handful of magic beans.

So the Government shouldn't tell insurance companies to stop throwing you off your insurance because you just got cancer? Cause you know, they assign someone to your case if you get cancer to try and get you thrown off. They get better grades for the more people they get thrown off, and the more money they save for the company.

What freedom do we have now for the insurance company? Freedom to choose which one gets to fuck me up the ass? Sounds dandy, does one offer lube over the other? :eusa_eh:

You act like we actually have some sort of rights in this country, we don't. Go look up what Lincoln did during the Civil War, or what FDR did to Japanese Americans during WWII, or what happened to several Arabs after 9/11. Rights/Freedoms aren't Rights/Freedoms if they can be taken away. They're mere privileges which we're granted at the present moment so we can act like good little sheep and go about our days.

Try to get health insurance with a pre-existing condition or try to keep one after you find out you have a pre-existing condition. Whether the Government gets involved or not, I'm simply stating things NEED to change. Not that they should change, but need to.

Health Premiums have increased by more than double in the last ten years. In that same time span, the drug lobby has spent over $1 billion in lobbying Congress and Presidential Candidates. Over that same amount of time, health insurance profits have skyrocketed to a point, but they still jack up the prices because they always want a little more.

You may want to keep the status quo, and want more of the same. This young person has seen the past, and the present, and doesn't like it one bit. This current path is one filled with peril not only for the average American but just about every American. We have a tendency in this country to ignore problems until they get so big that it becomes a crisis of sorts (AIDS is a great example). We are at a hour of time and at a place in history where in this country we can truly change things. Will it happen? Probably not. Too much fear mongering and lobbying for anything to truly get down short of a miracle.

I don't anything really happening with this bill at the present moment because it will be watered down like most things in Congress to a shell of it's former self. Where they will all pat themselves on the back on a job well down while nothing gets done, and more people are driven to the poor house because of health costs. Go look at the bankruptcy numbers, and then look at this:

http://www.bankruptcyhome.com/top10reasons.html

#4 on the list, a indicator of how bad health care prices have gotten. A system where people have to choose between keeping a thumb or a finger if it gets chopped off because of the price. It's not worth living if you're a slave to debt for the rest of your life.

To quote Howard Beale from the movie Network, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore". You should get mad too. This is a grave injustice on our society by the fact alone that this has gone on this far. The debate about Universal Health Care has been going on since Roosevelt, TEDDY Roosevelt for that matter who supported it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBZDwf9dok]YouTube - Mad As Hell ...[/ame]

How many rights are you willing to trade for what you perceive to be security? One..? three.? five..? When do the mandates become too onerous? There are other remedies to fix the system if you think it broken than to permanantly hand your decision making power over to some low level bureaucrat. You need to realize that if you empower the government to run roughshod over one group, then they will run roughshod over YOU next.

How many rights are you willing to trade for what you perceive to be security? One..? three.? five..? When do the mandates become too onerous? There are other remedies to fix the system if you think it broken than to permanantly hand your decision making power over to some low level bureaucrat. You need to realize that if you empower the government to run roughshod over one group, then they will run roughshod over YOU next.

Again, you call it rights, I wish we had rights, but we don't. I'm not saying we empower the Government to run roughshod over one group. I'm saying the Government stop the insurance companies, the drug companies, and all of those fuckers to stop running ROUGHSHOD OVER US. There's a reason they've been lobbying over A BILLION DOLLARS. Do you think if what they wanted to do for this country was so logical, and good that they'd need to pay that much out?

The Government needs to start doing it's job, actually protecting it's citizens from Big Business instead of vice versa. For too long, the Government has let Big Business fuck the little guy nine ways to sunday while sitting by acting like their hands are tied behind their back. There's a reason why we have things called regulation, it's too bad that the Republicans for many of them think we should have NONE while the Democrats for many of them try to give TOO MANY.

Regulation isn't a bad thing when done in moderation. Again, you shouldn't be worried about this bill because nothing is going to get done. This bill is going to be watered down that there is going to be a puddle on it.

Again, you call it rights, I wish we had rights, but we don't. I'm not saying we empower the Government to run roughshod over one group. I'm saying the Government stop the insurance companies, the drug companies, and all of those fuckers to stop running ROUGHSHOD OVER US. There's a reason they've been lobbying over A BILLION DOLLARS. Do you think if what they wanted to do for this country was so logical, and good that they'd need to pay that much out?
The Government needs to start doing it's job, actually protecting it's citizens from Big Business instead of vice versa. For too long, the Government has let Big Business fuck the little guy nine ways to sunday while sitting by acting like their hands are tied behind their back. There's a reason why we have things called regulation, it's too bad that the Republicans for many of them think we should have NONE while the Democrats for many of them try to give TOO MANY.

Regulation isn't a bad thing when done in moderation. Again, you shouldn't be worried about this bill because nothing is going to get done. This bill is going to be watered down that there is going to be a puddle on it.

And your answer is to allow the people that RECEIVED the billion dollars to fix the system? Think about that for awhile. Why don't you try this exercise. Look outside of the box of all the propaganda that we've been inundated with and create what YOU would consider to be a great system. In Robert's perfect world.. how would health care be delivered to the people? Get creative and I'm willing to bet that you could come up with a system at least more debate worthy than the trash Congress is pushing. Goodnight

And your answer is to allow the people that RECEIVED the billion dollars to fix the system? Think about that for awhile. Why don't you try this exercise. Look outside of the box of all the propaganda that we've been inundated with and create what YOU would consider to be a great system. In Robert's perfect world.. how would health care be delivered to the people? Get creative and I'm willing to bet that you could come up with a system at least more debate worthy than the trash Congress is pushing. Goodnight

I'm not saying just the health insurance system needs to change. The Government and politics need to change. We need to step up as a nation, a nation that has power with the right to vote, and kick out the people taking these bribes.

I already have my idea on how health care would be delivered to people, but thank you for the idea anyway. Good night to you as well, and i'm hoping you can see the point I'm trying to get across.

Forum List

Back