privacy

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
scenario:

son, 26, dating young lady...he leaves his apartment...she is still there...he leaves his cell phone...by accident (that kid never goes anywhere without that cell phone)...she reads his text messages...drives to where he works..and proceeds to give him hell...dumping him and returning said cellphone...

now my questions:

what was on the cell phone that she saw?

answer: none of your damn business....

why did you leave a message on your cell phone?

answer: its my cell and i didnt think she would go thru it

so as a none cell phone person....was she wrong to go thru his text messages or was he stupid to leave something on there that would upset her?

scenario:

son, 26, dating young lady...he leaves his apartment...she is still there...he leaves his cell phone...by accident (that kid never goes anywhere without that cell phone)...she reads his text messages...drives to where he works..and proceeds to give him hell...dumping him and returning said cellphone...

now my questions:

so as a none cell phone person....was she wrong to go thru his text messages or was he stupid to leave something on there that would upset her?

both of the above

scenario:

now my questions:

If I were him, I'd just be sorry I couldn't dump her. She was not a keeper.

apparently not....he is an only child..the child of an only child...so we have high expectations of privacy...i was amazed at how fast this happened and how quickly she turned on him....so far she has not called me to tell me what a dog he is....this was in dec right before christmas....he says he was getting a lot of texts on happy holidays....i dont think she objected to that...my son has proven to be a wee bit of a womanizer....*sighs*

apparently not....he is an only child..the child of an only child...so we have high expectations of privacy...i was amazed at how fast this happened and how quickly she turned on him....so far she has not called me to tell me what a dog he is....this was in dec right before christmas....he says he was getting a lot of texts on happy holidays....i dont think she objected to that...my son has proven to be a wee bit of a womanizer....*sighs*

and do you know of many women who enjoy having a womanizer for a boyfriend ?

there really seems to be no shortage....has a lot to do with his job....(mom's whill rationize and justify for the son)

I still can't get past the fact that he had a girl in his apartment overnight without being married to her! :ack-1:

What the hell is the world coming to?!?! :eusa_whistle:

-Joe

If she already suspected he was cheating on him I can't see why she wouldn't go through his cell phone texts.

Her gut, (instinct) told her to check.

God, (Karma, The Wind, Mother Earth) made him momentarily stupid.... so he left his cell phone, for her to check....

Obviously there was something MORE than Holiday greetings.

If he hadn't made her feel like SHE was the only one he was screwing, maybe this would not have been a problem?

Of course, this is just all speculation on my part...because i don't know her or your son!!! :)

Unless she was an idiot, I would assume what ever was on his cell phone was very bad for a girlfriend to find. While she probably shouldn't have looked, HE is to blame. And one's job is no excuse for fooling around on what is supposed to be an exclusive relationship. I suggest SHE is lucky to have gotten rid of HIM.

If he wants to fool around he needs to be up front about that with his dates and any person he calls a girlfriend. Can't believe you people blame the girl.

So tell us Mom? If your husband or current boyfriend had a message on their phone from another woman about something he shouldn't be doing with someone other then you, what would YOU do? And the excuse you would never work is not an answer, in that case just assume you find out some other way.

The problem with what was on the phone, regardless of who betrayed who's privacy, is this:

Many people look for reasons to suspect betrayal, and often they see innocent actions as such. Though on the flip side few people honor commitments of any sort these days, when contracts and promises are meaningless.

whoooooooooooa no one said he was cheating....simply that he does like the ladies...i have no clue what was on the phone..he simply said...."my bad" and moved on...so if my gut tells me something i have ever right to invade someones privacy....

btw my husband takes his own vacations...many times gone for 2 or more weeks....i dont peek or look or nose about....

i would love to know what was on that text...i thought about calling her...

whoooooooooooa no one said he was cheating....simply that he does like the ladies...i have no clue what was on the phone..he simply said...."my bad" and moved on...so if my gut tells me something i have ever right to invade someones privacy....

btw my husband takes his own vacations...many times gone for 2 or more weeks....i dont peek or look or nose about....

i would love to know what was on that text...i thought about calling her...

LMAO--talk about privacy invasion

Will wonders never cease... I actually agree with RGS on this one..

Those of you saying she "got what she deserved for snooping", seriously... Do you believe what you're actually typing? He lied, and hid things from her, and she found out about it, left him, and he's better off without HER?

Think about that...

Those of you saying she "got what she deserved for snooping", seriously... Do you believe what you're actually typing? He lied, and hid things from her, and she found out about it, left him, and he's better off without HER?

Think about that...

If he cheats, which seems to be bones inference, wrong girl for him. They're both better off.

Think about that...

If he cheats, which seems to be bones inference, wrong girl for him. They're both better off.

Agreed, they're not the people for each other, but why should she have to shoulder most of the blame, and be the brunt of all the insults? (Granted, she doesn't know she's being insulted to death, since she's not here, and we really only know part of one side of the story, but still....)

It's just wrong, and puts a lot of people in a different light for me...

Forum List

Back