Privacy.

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Do we have the right to privacy?

Seems some Dem Senators think, whole heartily that we do when it comes to private companies that ask for your FB passwords. If you don't give the pw, you don't get the job.

I agree with them, too the point that I would refuse to continue the interview process as I would never want to work for such a company. I don't even have a FB account.

Now this brings up an interesting question.

By 2015, the government can demand that you surrender your privacy by telling them if you have health ins or not. If you refuse to surrender that information, you will be fined.

ahh

Don't you just love being able to cut the irony with the hypacracy?

I feel we have the right to privacy. And it's generally within the scope of private communications and your home. And your private health issues..like having an abortion. That's pretty private.

Then there were those pesky illegal wiretaps by ATT and Verizon at The Bush Administrations request. And that entire Patriot Act thing, recently strengthened and re authorized by 42 TP cacus members, along with the rest of the assholes.

I dont consider whether or not I have health insurance as "private" information. That's quite prudish.

Passwords, actual health information, etc, on the other hand? That's private.

I dont consider whether or not I have health insurance as "private" information. That's quite prudish.

privacy is privacy

We have the right to privacy.

Not

We have the right to privacy except....

I agree, "privacy is privacy," which is why I said that what I do and dont consider private.

Then there were those pesky illegal wiretaps by ATT and Verizon at The Bush Administrations request. And that entire Patriot Act thing, recently strengthened and re authorized by 42 TP cacus members, along with the rest of the assholes.

That also.

So we agree that obamacare cannot move forward?

It will move forward because the best option single payor was shot down by medical industry lobbyists and their minions.

but yes it sucks but something had/has to be done about containing medical costs or it will eat our lunch in another decade.

That also.

The problem with healthcare is that at some point we are all going to use it. This is a public problem because there are costs associated with that, that impact the public. Hospitals, by law, must treat everyone that arrives in an emergency room. And if that person can't pay..then everyone else has to pay.

There are several solutions to this. Status quo..which are driving costs sky high. Single Payer..which personally..I think would have been best. Or the plan put forward by the Heritage Foundation as a counter to Hillycare and later implemented by Governor Mitt Romney.

That also.

It will move forward because the best option single payor was shot down by medical industry lobbyists and their minions.

but yes it sucks but something had/has to be done about containing medical costs or it will eat our lunch in another decade.

So we give up another right?

you do know that only so much can be charged before people stop buying and the profits go south right?

but if the government starts paying, cost will skyrocket. proof? housing; it costs a lot to rent. Why? The government pays more. college; you can't pay your way anymore, b/c schools get grants and loans whether you do more than one day or not. medicine; medicare/medicaid pay a lot

oops

did I just give another reason to keep government out of everyone's privacy?

That also.

you do know that only so much can be charged before people stop buying and the profits go south right?

but if the government starts paying, cost will skyrocket. proof? housing; it costs a lot to rent. Why? The government pays more. college; you can't pay your way anymore, b/c schools get grants and loans whether you do more than one day or not. medicine; medicare/medicaid pay a lot

oops

People stop buying health care? LOL yeah right after they stop buying food and having children.

That also.

The problem with healthcare is that at some point we are all going to use it. This is a public problem because there are costs associated with that, that impact the public. Hospitals, by law, must treat everyone that arrives in an emergency room. And if that person can't pay..then everyone else has to pay.

There are several solutions to this. Status quo..which are driving costs sky high. Single Payer..which personally..I think would have been best. Or the plan put forward by the Heritage Foundation as a counter to Hillycare and later implemented by Governor Mitt Romney.

I'd support state run hc, IF it didn't 'need' Federal money to stay afloat. if I recall; Romneycare needed 15 Billion in 6 months from the Fed, just to keep going

that too is unafordable.

And I don't see a valid reason to toss our rights.

oops

People stop buying health care? LOL yeah right after they stop buying food and having children.

So are you saying all the stories about tens of millions w/o hc is bullshit?

:lol:

People don't buy it now due to cost or just not wanting too or any other reasons.

oops

People don't buy it now due to cost or just not wanting too or any other reasons.

Someone buys it, medicare, Medicaid, etc.
About 40% in my state are on medicaid, about 20% on medicare and still there are uninsured.

There was nothing illegal about them.
Carry on.

I do. It's no one's business whether I have health insurance, a 401k, a bank account, a CD, a brokerage account or anything else.

Someone buys it, medicare, Medicaid, etc.
About 40% in my state are on medicaid, about 20% on medicare and still there are uninsured.

Forty percent of the population in your state is on Medicaid? Where do you live, Calcutta?

Seems some Dem Senators think, whole heartily that we do when it comes to private companies that ask for your FB passwords. If you don't give the pw, you don't get the job.

I agree with them, too the point that I would refuse to continue the interview process as I would never want to work for such a company. I don't even have a FB account.

By 2015, the government can demand that you surrender your privacy by telling them if you have health ins or not. If you refuse to surrender that information, you will be fined.

ahh

I'm not sure it's possible to be this obtuse without intentionally and knowingly making ridiculous comparisons. The government requires that people "surrender" information about a great many things. For example, the government requires that you have car insurance to drive, and requires that you "surrender" that information if you are caught forgetting to signal a turn, or throwing a cigarette butt out the window. The government requires other parties to report to them every year regarding how much money you make. The government scans you with radiation every time you step into a building in order to use the services provided by government.

If your position against the health care law is so weak that you're now having to resort to this BS about how it's an invasion of privacy, then you should consider joining the crowd that supports the law. Either that, or a circus. Because evidently, you lack any reasonable thought process to bring you to your current conclusion. Which is a shame, because there's plenty of reasonable bases upon which opposition to the health care law can be justified. So, on behalf of those of us who oppose the health care law and want an actual and realistic chance to illustrate to the majority of Americans, via sound reasoning skills and the application of at least average intelligence, that repealing the law is more desirable than maintaining it, I beg you to shut the fuck up and stop giving the rest of us a bad name.

ahh

I'm not sure it's possible to be this obtuse without intentionally and knowingly making ridiculous comparisons. The government requires that people "surrender" information about a great many things. For example, the government requires that you have car insurance to drive, and requires that you "surrender" that information if you are caught forgetting to signal a turn, or throwing a cigarette butt out the window. The government requires other parties to report to them every year regarding how much money you make. The government scans you with radiation every time you step into a building in order to use the services provided by government.

If your position against the health care law is so weak that you're now having to resort to this BS about how it's an invasion of privacy, then you should consider joining the crowd that supports the law. Either that, or a circus. Because evidently, you lack any reasonable thought process to bring you to your current conclusion. Which is a shame, because there's plenty of reasonable bases upon which opposition to the health care law can be justified. So, on behalf of those of us who oppose the health care law and want an actual and realistic chance to illustrate to the majority of Americans, via sound reasoning skills and the application of at least average intelligence, that repealing the law is more desirable than maintaining it, I beg you to shut the fuck up and stop giving the rest of us a bad name.

All "government" is not the same. What you are describing is general police power. That is given to the states, not the fed gov. You have made the case to overturn Obamacare.

Forum List

Back