PRIVACY WARNING: Do NOT log into CARS.GOV

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
If you do log into cars.gov your computer will become the property of the federal govt and all things you do on-line will from that point on be able to be legally monitored and distributed by the federal government.

This is what the screen says if you do log into cars.gov website and click "I agree" on the privacy act and security statement:

cars.gov website said:
This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged on to the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized CARS, Dot, and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.

Just a heads up people, don't do it!!!!!

They say its only while your logged in but I just dont trust the goverment to protect my privacy after i've received a message like this.

This is 100% legal BTW.

Last edited:
If you do log into cars.gov your computer will become the property of the federal govt and all things you do on-line will from that point on be able to be legally monitored and distributed by the federal government.

xotoxi-albums-images-picture503-conspiracytheory.gif

xotoxi-albums-images-picture503-conspiracytheory.gif

Actually, it's feasible. Many sites have something like that in their "terms and conditions", hell, with Google anything you post in their system is considered public property, meaning you cannot sue anyone if someone else uses it.

I can't get onto the site at all, which means there is something up with it since my system blocks attempts to use Flash, Java, or even SHTTP to get into it without permission from me. If I can't get into a site, there is a high probability that it's trying to do something.

Remember the Patriot Act and the NSA wiretapping controversy? The libs were screaming about the privacy rights of suspected terrorists. They accused Pres Bush of tapping our phones and reading our emails. They wanted to sue all our telcoms for assisting the govt. Where are those cry babies now?

I don't believe you. I didn't get that message.

It comes up right after you click "I agree"

Maybe they got rid of it now but 2 hours ago thats what popped up on my screen

Its only while your logged into the system according to the message, once you log out your computer is supposedly private again.

Then again your RAVI and probably didn't even go to the website

Remember the Patriot Act and the NSA wiretapping controversy? The libs were screaming about the privacy rights of suspected terrorists. They accused Pres Bush of tapping our phones and reading our emails. They wanted to sue all our telcoms for assisting the govt. Where are those cry babies now?

I was and still am one of those crybabies. I HATED and HATE the patriot act.

Go look at my political cartoon thread for verification of this ;).

I guess i'm the only one who doesn't like invasion of privacy whether its coming from the reps or dems.

It comes up right after you click "I agree"

Maybe they got rid of it now but 2 hours ago thats what popped up on my screen

Its only while your logged into the system according to the message, once you log out your computer is supposedly private again.

Then again your RAVI and probably didn't even go to the website
I never had to click agree and actually I was on that website for the first time three or four weeks ago to check to see if my son's car qualified for the program.

And again in the last few minutes.

Sad for you.

Did you actually read their terms and conditions?

As I said, my computer blocks that site, it's not a partisan computer, it doesn't care about who made the site, but it does block anything from getting in unless I okay it personally. So I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I just crawled all over that site and there was no sign that the Feds now own my computer.

If they think they do, they will get a taste of Second Amendment right in their face!

I just crawled all over that site and there was no sign that the Feds now own my computer.

If they think they do, they will get a taste of Second Amendment right in their face!

:lol:

I think it's only for signing up, but there is a way they can do some things without you knowing it. Just don't click "agree" to anything until you are certain. I will see if I can find more info on it, but as I said, my computer does not like that site so I can't get much more info on it yet.

I've just been all over the site, and I can't find anything about this policy. I knew about it before I went--that's why I went, cautiously--so I'm positive I didn't accidentally agree to it or anything.

Have they taken it down? Or do I have to do something to trigger the message? Glenn Beck's video shows him clicking on the "submit transaction" button in the dealer section, but I can find no such button anywhere on the site.
His video displays 7 blue buttons on the right-hand side of the dealer page, but I only count six now.

I'd really like to read this policy for myself, directly from their site...

New Topics

Forum List

Back