Privacy is the upmost issue to respect peoples differences in this nation..

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
I think the ownership of guns, whose carrying them legally as law abiding citizens, where they are stored, who has permits for concealed carry, and what types or calibers that they are in which people own, should be kept PRIVATE, and should be protected as such in this nation.

Also it should be respected and kept private the wishes and names of those who don't like guns, and wish not to own one, nor have no desire to see a deer killed by one etc. and I think that that should also be respected by the media and government in this nation for their safety (i.e. drop the gun free zones idiocy), and keep peoples business out of the streets finally.

If we go back to protecting Privacy in this nation, many of these issues will go away, and the right things will take there place.

There are many conservatives on this forum who believe that you have no constitutionally protected right to privacy. You hear it repeatedly in Roe v Wade debates.

I doubt you'll hear them here though.

There are many conservatives on this forum who believe that you have no constitutionally protected right to privacy. You hear it repeatedly in Roe v Wade debates.

I doubt you'll hear them here though.

Well, I'm sorry but there is no Constitutional right to privacy. It's unfortunate that union educated citizens place absolute trust in the people who gave us Fast/Furious and Fannie Mae. In other words, a file of confidential information held by the federal government is not necessarily "private" any more than government files listing suspected communists were private. Social security numbers are still used on drivers licenses in some states although they were never intended to be used as identification. The CIA couldn't even catch a spy in the next cubicle for a dozen years. Government will release a list of gun owners at the drop of a hat if they think it will net them a hundred votes.

The Fourth Amendment says:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.​

This allows us to be completely private as long as we are in our own house or minding our own business, are not endangering anybody or violating anybody else's rights or breaking any laws UNLESS there is reasonable cause to justify a search warrant.

It does not allow us to go anywhere we wish and do what we please carrying whatever we please on anybody else's property, on government property, etc. So, the local courthouse or airport has every right to search my purse, person, and whatever else I might be carrying if I want to enter certain areas. If I do not want to be subject to such search, all I have to do is choose not to enter.

I am quite pleased however, that they are discontinuing the 'naked scanners' at all our airports. Apparently there was quite a bit of graft and fraud associated with the contracts and they have been deemed not that useful in intercepting dangerous weapons as they aren't used on everybody. So shrug of the many millions of our money the government poured into that. Makes you proud, doesn't it?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.​

This allows us to be completely private as long as we are in our own house or minding our own business, are not endangering anybody or violating anybody else's rights or breaking any laws UNLESS there is reasonable cause to justify a search warrant.

It does not allow us to go anywhere we wish and do what we please carrying whatever we please on anybody else's property, on government property, etc. So, the local courthouse or airport has every right to search my purse, person, and whatever else I might be carrying if I want to enter certain areas. If I do not want to be subject to such search, all I have to do is choose not to enter.

I am quite pleased however, that they are discontinuing the 'naked scanners' at all our airports. Apparently there was quite a bit of graft and fraud associated with the contracts and they have been deemed not that useful in intercepting dangerous weapons as they aren't used on everybody. So shrug of the many millions of our money the government poured into that. Makes you proud, doesn't it?
I agree that we must respect and honor the laws and rules in which different private industries enact for their private properties or even that our government deems necessary for the public space within or at some locations in which they make rules and certain laws to apply to, but it is also that our privacy rights will be respected and upheld just as well in this nation. However, it seems more and more that it is becoming a one sided affair, and yes more and more in this nation we are being led as lambs to the slaughter against our culture if not careful.

This when it happens, begins to smell of "agenda" big time, and this when we see the many things that we are seeing more and more in this nation, and that is where the rub comes from it all with many now. There are many bad or crazy bad people in this nation these days, but people must be aware of the government attempting to stereo type the good citizens in with the bad citizens of this nation, or we are all doomed before long in this nation.

Last edited:
Airports are federally funded and controlled. They are public property and not the private property of the airlines. The airlines are subsidized by the feds too - they carry mail. The searches at the airport are carried out by a government agency with neither probable cause nor warrants. The simple fact is that those searches have not stopped terrorists from boarding the planes with destructive devices. Not one terrorist has ever been prevented from boarding a plane. The searches have succeeded in making sure that law-abiding citizens are completely disarmed on those planes. Anyone with a pen or pencil can be a terrorist now and kill as many passengers as they want until someone stands up and beats them to the floor. The planes are loaded with sheeple and the wolves are still there waiting.
I quit flying just before the X-ray machines were put in place. I prefer to travel in a manner in which I can protect myself. No one on that plane is going to protect you.

Airports are federally funded and controlled. They are public property and not the private property of the airlines. The airlines are subsidized by the feds too - they carry mail. The searches at the airport are carried out by a government agency with neither probable cause nor warrants. The simple fact is that those searches have not stopped terrorists from boarding the planes with destructive devices. Not one terrorist has ever been prevented from boarding a plane. The searches have succeeded in making sure that law-abiding citizens are completely disarmed on those planes. Anyone with a pen or pencil can be a terrorist now and kill as many passengers as they want until someone stands up and beats them to the floor. The planes are loaded with sheeple and the wolves are still there waiting.
I quit flying just before the X-ray machines were put in place. I prefer to travel in a manner in which I can protect myself. No one on that plane is going to protect you.

I take a somewhat different view here. I think the additional security implemented after 9/11 has saved probably thousands if not millions of lives because it has thwarted terrorist attacks and terrorists are less likely to target airplanes now because we have made it so difficult for a terrorist intent on mass destruction to get through security with ability to do that.

But I do resent very much us being the ones who are subject to huge inconveniences, delays, prohibited substances, and suspicion. And when that is the result of a terrorist attack or attempted attack, does that not allow the terrorists to win?

At the very least we all should be able to apply for a universal background check and when it is shown that we are a citizen of the USA, are engaged in no suspicious activities, don't associate with suspicious people, don't engage in illegal activites, have no history of violence etc., we can be issued a photo ID that allows us to go anywhere we need to go.

The money went exactly where the pols wanted it to, into the pockets of various "freinds of the administration". The efficacy of those machines was in question from the very start, but the boondoggle had to be carried out as planned.

I think the ownership of guns, whose carrying them legally as law abiding citizens, where they are stored, who has permits for concealed carry, and what types or calibers that they are in which people own, should be kept PRIVATE, and should be protected as such in this nation.

Also it should be respected and kept private the wishes and names of those who don't like guns, and wish not to own one, nor have no desire to see a deer killed by one etc. and I think that that should also be respected by the media and government in this nation for their safety (i.e. drop the gun free zones idiocy), and keep peoples business out of the streets finally.

If we go back to protecting Privacy in this nation, many of these issues will go away, and the right things will take there place.

I don't think privacy was left out of the Bill of Rights, by accident.

That said, I believe it is a Right, an Inalienable Right. I believe Government needs to show Just Cause to intrude on it. Violating confidentiality, is an example against Gun Registration or lists of who has what. It is a violation of trust. Regarding Gun Registrations, Medical Records, Abortion Histories, it's not the Public's business. Too many areas of Privacy have already been compromised. It's plain wrong.

I believe you are quite correct. These unconstitutional searches and seizures are conducted more with the intent of pushing the limit to see what people will put up with and de-sensitizing the public to increasing violations of their privacy. The stated purpose of course is to protect us from terrorists, the boogeymen used to instill fear into the people and encouraging acceptance of loss of personal freedom.

I take a somewhat different view here. I think the additional security implemented after 9/11 has saved probably thousands if not millions of lives because it has thwarted terrorist attacks and terrorists are less likely to target airplanes now because we have made it so difficult for a terrorist intent on mass destruction to get through security with ability to do that.

But I do resent very much us being the ones who are subject to huge inconveniences, delays, prohibited substances, and suspicion. And when that is the result of a terrorist attack or attempted attack, does that not allow the terrorists to win?

At the very least we all should be able to apply for a universal background check and when it is shown that we are a citizen of the USA, are engaged in no suspicious activities, don't associate with suspicious people, don't engage in illegal activites, have no history of violence etc., we can be issued a photo ID that allows us to go anywhere we need to go.

Any construct can be compromised. Anyone can be compelled to act or do, by threat or whatever. There are no guarantees.

We had all of the rights listed in the bill of rights before the bill of rights was added to the constitution. They were listed only to show that the federal government had no power over them. Our right to privacy is alluded to in the fourth amendment and guaranteed by the ninth.

The right to privacy places restrictions only on the public sector, law or policy-making entities, not private entities. Privately owned newspapers, for example, are not subject to such restrictions; indeed, any attempt by the government to prohibit a newspaper from publishing public records would be a First Amendment violation of freedom of the press.

The remedy for this is for gun owners to petition their state’s lawmakers to repeal laws that require permits or licensing as a condition of gun ownership, or seek relief in court.

Forum List

Back