Prisoners re-enter society

huytrasd

Rookie
Apr 5, 2008
Hi everyone, I think that every person has his right to live in a society no matter even if he was a prisoner in his early life. Most of the prisoners are racial or ethnic minorities and have difficulty in re-entering the society as they are faced with poverty and this leads to crime for which they are re-arrested are convicted and re-incarcerated and this adds a burden on the government in respect of tax-payers. What are your views on this?

Criminals are criminals because they chose to be. No one forced them into it. They do it because it gives them a certain sense of freedom and control. Not all poor people have turned to a life of crime and plenty of rich people have committed crimes, such socioeconomic status is not a reason or an excuse.

They are free to live where they want after they have done their time but a lot return to the old ways of life simply because they want to.

Hi everyone, I think that every person has his right to live in a society no matter even if he was a prisoner in his early life. Most of the prisoners are racial or ethnic minorities and have difficulty in re-entering the society as they are faced with poverty and this leads to crime for which they are re-arrested are convicted and re-incarcerated and this adds a burden on the government in respect of tax-payers. What are your views on this?

Boy, do you sound like actsnoblemartin. Sure they should live, but their difficulties are their own doing.

Do you have some suggestions of what you think should be done?

Probably something to do with handing them some money and telling them it's not their fault, it's the system that screwed them or some liberal crap like that.

You mean like Bush and Cheney?

Ohh look the idiot of the board posts again. Provide us some evidence of crimes committed by Bush and or Cheney.

And we all will use maineman's definition of guilt and having committed a crime even if you manage to list some.

You can't rehabilitate a criminal unless they want to be rehabilitated. That's a bit obvious I know, but there's another take on it. Some criminals have never been habilitated in the first place, which makes it even more difficult to get them to the point where they can live in society and behave like everyone else.

The idea of rehabilitation is the modern form of redemption that drove late 19th Century penal theory in North America and England (although I has to be said that Beccaria first wrote on it in his 18th Century On Crimes and Punishments). But most importantly those Christian redemptionists held the idea the individual must truly atone for his or her crimes. So it is with rehabilitation.

The only other option society has, bar successful rehabilitation, is to lock the offender up on a regular basis (I mean after due process and trial) to give us all a bit of peace a quiet.

Ohh look the idiot of the board posts again. Provide us some evidence of crimes committed by Bush and or Cheney.

And we all will use maineman's definition of guilt and having committed a crime even if you manage to list some.

RGS, I've noticed lately that you resort to name calling several of the liberals on board. You do realize that is not argument but the sign of immaturity. Just thought I'd remind you.

Bush has broken the law so often it takes a sec to find numerous examples.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2005_12/007789.php

"This is against the law. I have put references to the relevant statute below the fold; the brief version is: the law forbids warrantless surveillance of US citizens, and it provides procedures to be followed in emergencies that do not leave enough time for federal agents to get a warrant. If the NY Times report is correct, the government did not follow these procedures. It therefore acted illegally.

Bush's order is arguably unconstitutional as well: it seems to violate the fourth amendment, and it certainly violates the requirement (Article II, sec. 3) that the President "shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."

or this or torture or ...........

Bush challenges hundreds of laws
President cites powers of his office

By Charlie Savage, Globe Staff | April 30, 2006

WASHINGTON -- President Bush has quietly claimed the authority to disobey more than 750 laws enacted since he took office, asserting that he has the power to set aside any statute passed by Congress when it conflicts with his interpretation of the Constitution.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/04/30/bush_challenges_hundreds_of_laws/

So, should we talk about Bill and Hillary Clinton and they're abuses of the law as well? What about William Jefferson's $90k in the freezer? What about Harry Reid's land deals or Barbara Boxer's husband making money off of legislation sponsered by his wife? I notice you only focus on one side of the aisle when there is an enormous amount of crooks on BOTH sides.

So, should we talk about Bill and Hillary Clinton and they're abuses of the law as well? What about William Jefferson's $90k in the freezer? What about Harry Reid's land deals or Barbara Boxer's husband making money off of legislation sponsered by his wife? I notice you only focus on one side of the aisle when there is an enormous amount of crooks on BOTH sides.

Pot calling the kettle black, it seems. Just in this post you have already accused only Democrats of something all politicians do. It's like listening to the Obama camp call Hillary a liar. All politicians lie. All politicians are dirty. Get over it.

This is a very good issue to discuss about as it is concerned with the human race and deals with the real problems faced in the society. The Second Chance Act is taken in this way and hope that it brings a new dawn for the people. I believe you can also express your views on this on savetheleft which is good place to know your comments on such issues.

Savetheleft.com

Forum List

Back