Prison Abuse Photos V. WMD Usage: Liberals on the rails

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Libs are losing the war to shut down George Bush; that's how they've internally conceptualized the war on terror.

They got some prison photos they trumpet around as if they're some magic bullet of political doom for Shrub. They aren't. They're not much at all, in an world where REAL atrocities exist. Our softening up for interrogation is laughable in a world where real torture exists. They aren't anything.

Now we've got sarin used over there in Iraq. I guess there's WMD after all.

Now will you libs join 'our' side? Or will the burden of proof become more onerous? Is this not a cache or a stockpile? Was it brought into the country after the fall of the country, to combat American aggression? You'll have something. Something stupid.

bring it, losers. How are we still the great satan? I wanna know.

They will say it was brought there or made (after we "occupied" the country) by Iraqis that oppose us. Furthermore, they will say that this is just one more turn in the "cycle of violence" that was started with the US invasion of Iraq.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
They will say it was brought there or made (after we "occupied" the country) by Iraqis that oppose us. Furthermore, they will say that this is just one more turn in the "cycle of violence" that was started with the US invasion of Iraq.

Yes. The cycle of violence that goes back to cain and abel. The key to peace is just to not fight. Why can't we just all get along? I mean really? Come on guys?
aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Originally posted by freeandfun1

Yes. proof the people don't want us there. Never mind these guys all just got off a plane from palestine, or something like that. There is no international terrorist alliance, it's part of the vast right wing conspiracy.
aahhhhhhhhhhhhahaahhaha!
Ahhhhahahahah!

ahhahahaaaaah !
I'm freaking out!

Originally posted by Sir Evil
:laugh: Invite the fight! gotta love it! RW - guess you are ready to bless this thread with more of your poetic replies, are'nt you?

conflict is poetry
the sage general attacks when his enemy is weak, but otherwis is meek. And defeats completely, leaving to kin to seek revenge.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&u=/ap/20040517/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_sarin_10&printer=1

They already say its unrelated to Iraqs WMDs.

Two former weapons inspectors — Hans Blix and David Kay — said the shell was likely a stray weapon that had been scavenged by militants and did not signify that Iraq had large stockpiles of such weapons.

Kimmitt said he believed that insurgents who planted the explosive didn't know it contained the nerve agent.

Sarin-type agents produced by Iraq were largely of low quality and degraded shortly after production, U.N. inspectors said in a March 2003 report. They said it was unlikely that agents produced in the 1980s would still work today.

I say tommorrow morning, Every leading Democrat will follow this course. That this weapon has nothing to do with IRaq having WMDs.

"I say tommorrow morning, Every leading Democrat will follow this course. That this weapon has nothing to do with IRaq having WMDs."

Well it does seem like a logical theory (being logical and being correct are two different things I will admit).

Originally posted by deaddude
"I say tommorrow morning, Every leading Democrat will follow this course. That this weapon has nothing to do with IRaq having WMDs."

Well it does seem like a logical theory (being logical and being correct are two different things I will admit).

Because of blix? DId you see how all of europe was complicit in the oil for food corruption? It was Blix's job to give saddam cover fer christ sakes. And you still want to believe him. You've lost all rationality. Believing proven liars is unwise.

HEY ----every one has a god given right to own a wmd dammit get out the lawyers and sue those soldiers by trying to take them away !!!!!!

Originally posted by dilloduck
HEY ----every one has a god given right to own a wmd dammit get out the lawyers and sue those soldiers by trying to take them away !!!!!!

I certainly would like to have MY H-bomb :mad:

What reason would David Kay and Hans Blix have to lie? This is plausible, and would also explain why the agent didn't work.

acludem

What reports are those and how valid can they be this early?

Hey, acludem you completly changed your post, did you hear of reports claiming those were weapons from the 80's?

abc article

‘Definitely a Cover-Up’
Former Abu Ghraib Intel Staffer Says Army Concealed Involvement in Abuse Scandal

May 18, 2004 — Dozens of soldiers — other than the seven military police reservists who have been charged — were involved in the abuse at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison, and there is an effort under way in the Army to hide it, a key witness in the investigation told ABCNEWS.

"There's definitely a cover-up," the witness, Sgt. Samuel Provance, said. "People are either telling themselves or being told to be quiet."

Provance, 30, was part of the 302nd Military Intelligence Battalion stationed at Abu Ghraib last September. He spoke to ABCNEWS despite orders from his commanders not to.

"What I was surprised at was the silence," said Provance. "The collective silence by so many people that had to be involved, that had to have seen something or heard something."

Provance, now stationed in Germany, ran the top secret computer network used by military intelligence at the prison.

He said that while he did not see the actual abuse take place, the interrogators with whom he worked freely admitted they directed the MPs' rough treatment of prisoners.

"Anything [the MPs] were to do legally or otherwise, they were to take those commands from the interrogators," he said.

Top military officials have claimed the abuse seen in the photos at Abu Ghraib was limited to a few MPs, but Provance says the sexual humiliation of prisoners began as a technique ordered by the interrogators from military intelligence.

"One interrogator told me about how commonly the detainees were stripped naked, and in some occasions, wearing women's underwear," Provance said. "If it's your job to strip people naked, yell at them, scream at them, humiliate them, it's not going to be too hard to move from that to another level."

According to Provance, some of the physical abuse that took place at Abu Ghraib included U.S. soldiers "striking [prisoners] on the neck area somewhere and the person being knocked out. Then [the soldier] would go to the next detainee, who would be very fearful and voicing their fear, and the MP would calm him down and say, 'We're not going to do that. It's OK. Everything's fine,' and then do the exact same thing to him."

Provance also described an incident when two drunken interrogators took a female Iraqi prisoner from her cell in the middle of the night and stripped her naked to the waist. The men were later restrained by another MP.

Pentagon Sanctions Investigation

Maj. Gen. George Fay, the Army's deputy chief of staff for intelligence, was assigned by the Pentagon to investigate the role of military intelligence in the abuse at the Iraq prison.

Fay started his probe on April 23, but Provance said when Fay interviewed him, the general seemed interested only in the military police, not the interrogators, and seemed to discourage him from testifying.

Provance said Fay threatened to take action against him for failing to report what he saw sooner, and the sergeant fears he will be ostracized for speaking out.

"I feel like I'm being punished for being honest," Provance told ABCNEWS. "You know, it was almost as if I actually felt if all my statements were shredded and I said, like most everybody else, 'I didn't hear anything, I didn't see anything. I don't know what you're talking about,' then my life would be just fine right now."

In response, Army officials said it is "routine procedure to advise military personnel under investigative review" not to comment.

The officials said, however, that Fay and the military were committed to an honest, in-depth investigation of what happened at the prison.

But Provance believes many involved may not be as forthcoming with information.

"I would say many people are probably hiding and wishing to God that this storm passes without them having to be investigated [or] personally looked at."

According to Provance, some of the physical abuse that took place at Abu Ghraib included U.S. soldiers "striking [prisoners] on the neck area somewhere and the person being knocked out. Then [the soldier] would go to the next detainee, who would be very fearful and voicing their fear, and the MP would calm him down and say, 'We're not going to do that. It's OK. Everything's fine,' and then do the exact same thing to him."

I think this dude watched too many movies. It is NOT that easy to knock somebody out.

There are so many flaws in this article it isn't even funny.

Furthermore, as an ex-Army guy, I can tell ya....

You are taught from day 1 (due to fear of another Mei Lei) in basic training, you NEVER follow orders that you feel are unlawful.

Easy question....

1. Would you rather be court-martialed for following an ulawful order or;

2. Would you rather be court-martialed for REFUSING to follow an unlawful order?

I would choose 2 any time. Once it hit the media, I would personally be vindicated.

End of story.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back