Priorities!

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
White House: Baseball should reverse ump's mistake

WASHINGTON (AP) — First the umpire blew the call.

Now, in the view of the White House, so did Major League Baseball.

Presidential spokesman Robert Gibbs weighed in Thursday on the story that had the nation talking: umpire Jim Joyce's muffed call that cost Detroit Tigers pitcher Armando Galarraga a perfect game. Galarraga on Wednesday night almost had the rare feat secured — 27 up, 27 down — except Joyce incorrectly called a runner safe on what would have been the final play of the game against the Cleveland Indians.

Replays showed that Joyce got the call wrong, which he later acknowledged after the seeing the video himself

White House: Baseball should reverse ump's mistake - Knology

ignore everything else that's going on asswipe and deal with baseball.. typical demonRat behavior.

Make the kid pass a drug test first. If he passes, then give him the game. It was not a malicous mistake by the ump. I don't think the President or Congress needs to weigh in on this at all. I do know one thing. Mr. Galarraga is closer to perfection at 28 outs than President Obama ever will be.

I grew up playing all three major sports. I even ran track, played one season each of basketball, water polo and soccer.

I love watching the playoffs of Basketball and Baseball. I watch the entire NFL season every year though I have no favorite team. I just like to watch a good game.

That being said, if all major league sports were to cease operations tomorrow, my life would not be changed one fuckin' bit!

Until some pro team starts sending me a check, I'm not gonna' care who wins.

Forum List

Back