Printer woes.... ??????

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Currently I have a HP Photosmart C8180 All-in-One printer that I have had for several years. It has had very heavy photo printing use and it is nearing the end of it's lifecycle. I think the on/off switch is wearing out cause it sometimes comes on right away and sometimes it doesn't come on at all without begging it and hitting the switch multiple times to get it to light up. I have used the hell out of this printer and it's been a very good one.

Here't the problem. I don't know what to replace it with. I am leaning heavily to the side of the Epson Stylus Photo R1900. A bit pricy for the printer but the ink is what I'm afraid of. It is quite expensive and it uses a lot of it. The nice thing about the printer is I can print on canvas with it.

I've read up on a Kodak ESP 9250 but the reviews of it are just so-so. Really cheap to operate though. The Epson Artisan 810 is appealing but I don't know. I have thought about a Canon Pixma MG8120 and a HP PHOTOSMART C309N or a HP Photosmart B8550. I just can't seem to make up my mind.

What kind of printer do you guys use and do you like it? Does it print photos really well? I'm going nuts here.... I need some help. All the wife does is roll her eyes at me and give me the Marine Corp salute and then she says "Get what you want..." AAAAAAHHHHHHH

My personal opinion? Get something that is not "all in one". The more functions a device has, the more prone it is to breaking down.

Yep.
It is why I would never buy an iMac...displays go bad, we have all seen it.
Same with all in ones...seriously, how often do you fax something from your home - and why would you when you can scan as a pdf and email?

My personal opinion? Get something that is not "all in one". The more functions a device has, the more prone it is to breaking down.

Yep.
It is why I would never buy an iMac...displays go bad, we have all seen it.
Same with all in ones...seriously, how often do you fax something from your home - and why would you when you can scan as a pdf and email?

Faxed signatures are legally acceptable, scanned, e-mailed ones are not.

I have an HP photosmart C4795. It scans, copies, and prints. I recently bought it for about $70 and it works great so far when I've used it. I had replaced my old printer that I had been using for about 7 years.

Here's a cheap one you can get. Made in Iran.

printer.jpg

Forum List

Back