printer help, PLEASE!!!!

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
So I spent the day writing a story I have due tomorrow in my Fiction class (16 pages!, :eek: ) and I go to print it out and absolutely no black ink at all comes out. I went through this a long time ago, then when my dad was up, I askedhim to look at it, and when I tried it, it worked fine. Now it's doing it again. I looked inside the thing that holds the cartridges and saw that for all the colors, there is a little thing sticking up with a little point onthe end of it, but theblack one doesn't seem to have a point on it. I already ran the head cleaners 3 time, I know it's not that. Someone help me before 12:00 tomorrow, please!

Sounds like maybe the black ink cartridge is defective. Have you tried taking it out and re-inserting it to make sure it's in securely? Do you have a spare cartridge or one you can steal from someone?

Dan you can also try taking a paper towel and wetting it with the hottest water you can stand, wring it out so that it is just damp and hold it on the bottom of the cart. for a minute or so. This sometimes breaks up dried pieces inside. A couple of manufactuers had us do this in the past with pretty good results, but Jim is right the best place to start is by changing the cart. to rule that out. The other possibility is that the channel on the head itself is clogged depending on the type of printer it is !

Tell Dad, TIME FOR A NEW PRINTER" have him ship you one up! :D

It's an Epson C-60, I believe.

Jim, Dad got me a bunch of extra cartridges, so I put a brand-new one in there and it's doing the same thing.

This morning, i tried it and the black would work a little, but it was kind of faded, like the heads needed to be cleaned. I cleaned them 3 times and it still looked the same.

How about putting the file on a disk and printing somewhere else? Not a long term solution though.

If all else fails, give it a whack for me! Got a nice laser jet 4 you can buy!!!!

How about putting the file on a disk and printing somewhere else? Not a long term solution though.

Yeah, that's what I ended up having to do, it's just kinda a pain to have to find a disk, put it on there, go to the computer lab across campus, print it out and come all the way back across campus for class when I've got a printer sitting less than a foot from my computer.

I should've just noted that it wasn't that important that I have it by today, just whenever anybody figures it out.

Truly a womans solution to everything.......I want, I need and gimee gimee gimee.

Remie, do you have a problem with Janeen ? I have noticed in a couple of posts sarcastic remarks when she was not even talking to you, I do hope you are joking around. By the way not all women are this way, guess you just have not met the right ones !

This is the best I could do for the C-60, from Epson's troubleshooting guide:

A: If the printer is printing blank pages, make sure you are using the correct printer driver and make sure the paper size is correctly selected in the driver. If the printer is printing black only, the "Ink" option in the printer driver may be set to "Black" instead of "Color" or a setting in the software may be set to print black only. Also, the print head nozzles may be clogged. From the Utility section found in the EPSON printer driver, clean the print heads by performing a head cleaning followed by printing a nozzle check pattern. A head cleaning and nozzle check must be performed as a cycle. After printing a nozzle check, examine the printed pattern. Each staggered horizontal and straight vertical pattern should be complete, with no stripes. If there are stripes, continue with another cycle. Perform up to 3 cycles if necessary. If the nozzle check is not printing completely, and if the head cleanings do not help the nozzle check pattern to print completely, try replacing the ink cartridge. If this doesn't help your printer may require service and you should contact Epson technical support for further assistance.

Hey Dan,

if you leave these printers sitting too long the print heads get clogged. The hot water thing works good with HP cartridges because the print head is in the cartridge. The heads on the Epson are in the machine. You just have to keep trying to run the head cleaning option for now. I have some head cleaning fluid around some place and will try to find it.

Originally posted by eric
Remie, do you have a problem with Janeen ? I have noticed in a couple of posts sarcastic remarks when she was not even talking to you, I do hope you are joking around. By the way not all women are this way, guess you just have not met the right ones !

No absolutely not and I am sorry if I have come across that way.
Actually janeeng and I have exchanged a number of very nice posts. And by the way, I have met the right woman and I tease her just like she teases me regarding generalities about men and women. Bottom line Janeeng, if I have offended you I am truely sorry.

Originally posted by remie
No absolutely not and I am sorry if I have come across that way.
Actually janeeng and I have exchanged a number of very nice posts. And by the way, I have met the right woman and I tease her just like she teases me regarding generalities about men and women. Bottom line Janeeng, if I have offended you I am truely sorry.
I have a problem with Janeen...lol.. she is exactly this way...LMAO
Jeff:p:

Thanks guys! must have been a misunderstanding. Remie, yes, you and I have exchanged some nice posts lately, of course, the fatty wasn't that nice! hahahah! and Jeff, you shut up, you know damn well that's not me, would be nice though! haha!

Forum List

Back