printer help, PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Dan, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    So I spent the day writing a story I have due tomorrow in my Fiction class (16 pages!, :eek: ) and I go to print it out and absolutely no black ink at all comes out. I went through this a long time ago, then when my dad was up, I askedhim to look at it, and when I tried it, it worked fine. Now it's doing it again. I looked inside the thing that holds the cartridges and saw that for all the colors, there is a little thing sticking up with a little point onthe end of it, but theblack one doesn't seem to have a point on it. I already ran the head cleaners 3 time, I know it's not that. Someone help me before 12:00 tomorrow, please!

2. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Dan, more info please !

Make and Model ?

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Sounds like maybe the black ink cartridge is defective. Have you tried taking it out and re-inserting it to make sure it's in securely? Do you have a spare cartridge or one you can steal from someone?

4. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Dan you can also try taking a paper towel and wetting it with the hottest water you can stand, wring it out so that it is just damp and hold it on the bottom of the cart. for a minute or so. This sometimes breaks up dried pieces inside. A couple of manufactuers had us do this in the past with pretty good results, but Jim is right the best place to start is by changing the cart. to rule that out. The other possibility is that the channel on the head itself is clogged depending on the type of printer it is !

5. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Tell Dad, TIME FOR A NEW PRINTER" have him ship you one up! :D

6. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    It's an Epson C-60, I believe.

Jim, Dad got me a bunch of extra cartridges, so I put a brand-new one in there and it's doing the same thing.

This morning, i tried it and the black would work a little, but it was kind of faded, like the heads needed to be cleaned. I cleaned them 3 times and it still looked the same.

7. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    How about putting the file on a disk and printing somewhere else? Not a long term solution though.

If all else fails, give it a whack for me! Got a nice laser jet 4 you can buy!!!!

8. remie

remie Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Truly a womans solution to everything.......I want, I need and gimee gimee gimee.

9. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Yeah, that's what I ended up having to do, it's just kinda a pain to have to find a disk, put it on there, go to the computer lab across campus, print it out and come all the way back across campus for class when I've got a printer sitting less than a foot from my computer.

I should've just noted that it wasn't that important that I have it by today, just whenever anybody figures it out.

10. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Remie, do you have a problem with Janeen ? I have noticed in a couple of posts sarcastic remarks when she was not even talking to you, I do hope you are joking around. By the way not all women are this way, guess you just have not met the right ones !