Principal's tough love, high expectations gets kids into college

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

HARTFORD, Connecticut (CNN) -- Principal Steve Perry doesn't believe in cursory inspections. For him, every single detail matters. T's are always crossed, I's are always dotted. Shirts are always buttoned and tucked in.

During his daily morning hallway inspections, he reprimands a student not wearing the Capital Prep school approved sweatshirt with a "That's not our gray." He then quickly peers into another classroom to witness a student acting up. "Don't do it! Don't do it! Don't do it!" he warns sternly. The student retorts "Why not?" Perry knowingly looks at him and simply says, "You're the upperclassman" and with that, the student sheepishly walks away.

It's all part of the daily routine of tough love and high expectations at Capital Preparatory Magnet School in downtown Hartford, Connecticut. It's a public magnet school, with a college prep school attitude. As Perry says, "If you don't want to go to college, don't go to Capital Prep. Go somewhere else."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/07/22/bia.education.success/index.html

Do they have numbers for what percentage of their students go to college, university, and ivy league universities compared to other area schools?

Also, would you care to cite your source?

Do they have numbers for what percentage of their students go to college, university, and ivy league universities compared to other area schools?

Also, would you care to cite your source?

Shit! I forgot to link it. Give me a minute to find it again. :lol:

Forum List

Back