Principal: They Rubbed My Butt - ARREST THEM!!

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
CLIO (WJRT) - (06/06/06)--It's a day Clio's graduating class and the principal won't soon forget. Principal Keith Smith is working to press charges against two students he says grabbed his bottom after they accepted their diploma.

Smith says he's in shock and frankly embarrassed about what the two students did when they took the stage.

"They came over to shake my hand," he said. "As they were shaking my hand they reached around grabbed my butt and started rubbing it."

Smith says not just one but two students did that in front of thousands of people at the Clio Amphitheatre Sunday during graduation.

"Unfortunately since they are graduated (and) basically done with school, that's why I contacted police," he said. "I do think of actions and consequence. There should be a consequence for the action."

The Clio Police Chief says they are investigating the incident.

The attorney for one of the accused students says he has been retained because the principal wants the students charged with fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct.

"If I did this to a student I would be out of a job," he said. "If I did this to a parent I would be out of a job. I don't know why people are upset if this happened to me because I'm a principal. I'm not allowed to file a complaint?"

What happens next, Smith says, is up for police to decide. But some parents believe he's taking this graduation prank too far.

"I don't think they should press criminal charges," said Robert Carey. "I mean, at graduation, kids have fun. There's no sense wrecking the rest of their life.

"I think he wants to make students accountable for their actions and I can't say that I blame him," said Scott Frazier.

But more importantly Smith says he needs to set an example so something like this doesn't happen again.

"It's not OK," he said. "If it's OK then what happens next year? Is it OK to grab me in a different way or is it OK to grab a classroom teacher?"

Clio police are expected to hand the case over to the Genesee County prosecutor, who will then decide whether to file charges.

The attorney of one of the students accused in this case, Jeff Clothier, calls the principal's accusations absurd.

He says they plan to fight this because there is no way this student grabbed his bottom for sexual purposes.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=4243784

Only problem is if he grabbed theirs back, he could be charged as a sex criminal.

That being said, I do think he's overreacting, but overreacting is as American as apple pie now.

acludem

acludem said:
Only problem is if he grabbed theirs back, he could be charged as a sex criminal.

That being said, I do think he's overreacting, but overreacting is as American as apple pie now.

acludem

Ya--and the ACLU supports every over-reacter they can create.

No, Conservatives who want to pass Constitutional amendments banning gay marriage, whine to the FCC because someone said a naughty word or Janet Jackson's boob was on TV for a split second, and want to build fences across the Mexican border are the major overreactors. That's not to say that people on the far left don't overreact too, they just don't have control over the government the way the far right does.

acludem

acludem said:
No, Conservatives who want to pass Constitutional amendments banning gay marriage, whine to the FCC because someone said a naughty word or Janet Jackson's boob was on TV for a split second, and want to build fences across the Mexican border are the major overreactors. That's not to say that people on the far left don't overreact too, they just don't have control over the government the way the far right does.

acludem

Let's see .... so YOUR definition of "overreacting" is anyone who does not believe in special laws that cater to someone's sexual preference, doesn't think prime time TV is an appropriate place to be showing boobs to their children. teaching children that having a filthy, uneducated mouth is cool, and/or believe in the soverignty of our own border?

Got it.:wtf:

If you afraid of your child being exposed to boobs don't take your child to an art museum. Then again if you if don't want your kid exposed to boobs don't take them to the White House, the Republican National Convention, or allow them to watch Fox News Channel, either.

acludem

acludem said:
If you afraid of your child being exposed to boobs don't take your child to an art museum. Then again if you if don't want your kid exposed to boobs don't take them to the White House, the Republican National Convention, or allow them to watch Fox News Channel, either.

acludem

Using YOUR definition of "boob," all I really have to do is keep my children away from anything-or-one identified by your User ID.

Forum List

Back