Princes Beatrice's Hat on EBAY!!!!!!

Yes, it's a Real Hat, and somebody paid $131,341.47 for it!

boedicca-albums-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3512-hat.jpg

:eek: Stupid is as stupid does.

they got a huge tax deduction because the money went to charity.

stupid? maybe. maybe not so much.

Who got a 'huge tax deduction' because the money went to charity? Princess Beatrice? No, she wouldn't. In the UK, you donate money to charity... the CHARITY gets the tax that you paid on that money. There is no tax benefit to the person donating. Basically, it means that the value of the donation to the charities is substantially more than the money raised.... you can add on about 28% on to the final sum.

Here is my problem with this hat thing.

I think she new before the wedding that she was going to have some god awful splashy hat on purpose. I think she USED the wedding, and in turn the prince and princess, to further her own ends...even if it was for charity.

To me that is a low class piece of crap thing to do. He mother is already Persona non Grata, and i think hat girl is on her way to being the next one.

The Royal Family is quite known for wearing ugly hats. I'm thinking that Princess Bea was just continuing the tradition.

In any case, the bride and groom received most of the attention - the hat is a minor thing in the scheme of the entire event.

Forum List

Back