Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
I just found out that Disney is making a movie based on the hit video game of the same name. Normally, I'm scared of video game movies, as they tend to suck, but two things about this one have me optimistic.

A: The original Prince of Persia game was made by a guy who liked movies and wanted to make movies, but found that he had a talent for making video games, and thus tried to give it a cinematic feel. This guy is writing the script for the movie, making me confident that the movie will not go down the all too familiar paths of not being 'cinematic' enough (being too much like a video game) or being so far from the game (which was cinematic to begin with) that it alienates the original fans (much like Doom did).

B: It's being done by Jerry Bruckheimer, the guy behind both CSI and Pirates of the Carribean. Most video game movies are done by no-names too interested in making a name for themselves to try to stick to the vision painted by the game. Jerry Bruckheimer, on the other hand, managed to make a blockbuster out of a cheesy theme park ride...and STILL paid appropriate homage to the ride.

So for this title, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Prince of Persia on the big screen might be ok, but you'll have to watch it with a PG rating.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Prince of Persia on the big screen might be ok, but you'll have to watch it with a PG rating.

Pirates is made by Disney, and it's PG-13. I tend to think PoP will be the same.

Pirates is made by Disney, and it's PG-13. I tend to think PoP will be the same.

I'm sure it'll be PG-13. You never see action movies, video game or other, that are PG or G rated anymore (only one I can remember was National Treasure).

Forum List

Back