Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Stifles Free Speech at Fox News

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
And World Net Daily is Mad!

Last weekend, at the right-wing Constitutional Coalition’s annual conference in St. Louis, Joseph Farah, publisher of the far right WorldNetDaily, blasted Fox News for its relationship with Alwaleed. Farah noted correctly that Alwaleed had boasted in the past about forcing Fox News to change its content relating to its coverage of riots in Paris, and warned that such foreign ownership of American media is “really dangerous.” ThinkProgress was at the speech and observed attendees of the conference murmuring and shaking their heads in disapproval:

Think Progress Conservative Activists Rebel Against Fox News: Saudi Ownership Is ‘Really Dangerous For America’

:lol: Where are all those defenders of WMD who call them the bastion of Journalism here? I know Frank is one. :eusa_whistle:

This is very very very bad.

This is an interesting factoid I didnt know about before, and it just isnt good that a foreign power can dictate the content of our news

This is an interesting factoid I didnt know about before, and it just isnt good that a foreign power can dictate the content of our news

Yeah, I thought it was odd myself. The more you know, eh?

Last weekend, at the right-wing Constitutional Coalition’s annual conference in St. Louis, Joseph Farah, publisher of the far right WorldNetDaily, blasted Fox News for its relationship with Alwaleed. Farah noted correctly that Alwaleed had boasted in the past about forcing Fox News to change its content relating to its coverage of riots in Paris, and warned that such foreign ownership of American media is “really dangerous.” ThinkProgress was at the speech and observed attendees of the conference murmuring and shaking their heads in disapproval:

Think Progress Conservative Activists Rebel Against Fox News: Saudi Ownership Is ‘Really Dangerous For America’

Do you think we care what your far left wing web site says and spews?

Well, you must care, since you decided to post about it.

So Mike, what are your thoughts about this, beside you don't like hearing about it.

What? That the Saudis owned a great deal of Fox News? :lol:

As much as I would like it (It would help me get my homework done faster) I am not omniscient, (Especially about spelling. ) and that little fact had escaped my notice.

That said, every source is always compromised. Whenever anyone tells you anything, you sort of need to pay attention to where his bread is buttered

I don't see what the big fuss is all about. You have literally millions of ways to get News. Television is not the first choice for most people.

I don't see what the big fuss is all about. You have literally millions of ways to get News. Television is not the first choice for most people.

Of course we do. What is shocking to me is that the Prince is making Fox News alter the way they report some things, and repressing the reporting of things all together. WTH?

Actually this has been known for a long time. Anti-Semitism and pro-Islamic rulings in Europe are not being covered by FOX. Then again, the media in general hasn't been covering.

I find worldnet a bit on the looney side, but in this case they are making a valid criticism of FOX, though the criticism holds for all outlets and they're not all Saudi owned.

Last edited:
As much as I would like it (It would help me get my homework done faster) I am not omniscient, (Especially about spelling. ) and that little fact had escaped my notice.

That said, every source is always compromised. Whenever anyone tells you anything, you sort of need to pay attention to where his bread is buttered

I just figured that was common knowledge by now.

Why do you think the small fact that 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia was largely ignored by Fox News despite the fact how they were always trying to make the connection between Al Qaeda and Iraq.

Just going to the first link I could find on google:

Bush Admits ‘Majority’ of 9/11 Hijackers Were Saudis Pensito Review

Despite this fact — and the fact that Saddam Hussein was a secular despot who was despised by Osama bin Laden, a rightwing religious fanatic — a poll two years after the attacks, and six months after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, 70 percent of Americans believed Iraq was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

Disinformation at it's finest.

Aren't you one of those people who's always sprouting off about George Soros? :eusa_eh:

I find it irritating that the least compromised and least outrageously disingenuous network submits to the control of a foreign and often inimical government. If the other networks would remove their heads from their asses once in a blue moon, this wouldn't be so worrisome.

Of course we do. What is shocking to me is that the Prince is making Fox News alter the way they report some things, and repressing the reporting of things all together. WTH?

If it was an American citizen making a media outlet
alter the way they report some things, and repressing the reporting of things all together
would it be any different at all ? I don't think lies have nationalities. Come to think of it I might brand any American who did it a traitor.

alter the way they report some things, and repressing the reporting of things all together
would it be any different at all ? I don't think lies have nationalities. Come to think of it I might brand any American who did it a traitor.

So what do you call the Prince then, and Rupert Murdoch, who lets him "call the shots"

And you'll see more of this in the years to come. The other media outlets have sizable foreign stock holders as well. And, of course, China owns much of our country's debt. America has been sold to the highest bidder. The only thing we can do now is to enjoy the time we have left.

Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal owns a 7 percent stake in News Corp

That is from the link in the OP

I doubt seriously that 7% ownership in any company allows you to dictate that much.

What percentage does Murdoch own I wonder?

Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal owns a 7 percent stake in News Corp

That is from the link in the OP

I doubt seriously that 7% ownership in any company allows you to dictate that much.

What percentage does Murdoch own I wonder?

Depends on how highly leveraged Murdoch is. 5% is pretty substantial control in a public company. And if he is able to spike stories he does not like, it is way too much for any government official from any foreign power, especially one that is, at best, equivocally friendly.

As Annie pointed out, this matters mostly because Fox has the reputation of being least dishonest. Makes their ability to manipulate a whole lot greater, because they are the ones most trusted.

So what do you call the Prince then, and Rupert Murdoch, who lets him "call the shots"

Your typical Mass Media Outlet Moguls

Forum List

Back