‘Price tag’ in Jerusalem: Tires punctured at Red Cross building

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Residentss slashed the tires of five vehicles and sprayed graffiti on some of the cars, near the Red Cross offices in Sheikh Jarrah in East Jerusalem. They sprayed “price tag” on one of the vehicles. Police are investigating.

Source: Ynetnews.

-------------

It was kind of expected.:eusa_whistle:

Residentss slashed the tires of five vehicles and sprayed graffiti on some of the cars, near the Red Cross offices in Sheikh Jarrah in East Jerusalem. They sprayed “price tag” on one of the vehicles. Police are investigating.

-------------

Why? Are you saying this is ok?

-------------

Did I say anywhere I think it's ok?

I did say it's expected.

Each time they kill one of our own, they get a 'price tag'.

That's a reaction. It's what they do.

-------------

I did say it's expected.

Yes.

Innocent people get victimized.

How Just. Not.

And yes, the implication is that it's justified. There is certainly no condemnation.

Oh, and it's not just for killing. It's anytime one of their illegal settlements is dismantled. Or they are refused expansion permits.

I did say it's expected.

Yes.

How Just. Not.

And yes, the implication is that it's justified.

Don't put words in my mouth, I nowhere said such thing.

After the Fogels were killed, there was a price tag. After the Palmers were killed, there was a price tag. After baby adelle was stoned, there was a price tag, after Eviatar Borovsky was stabbed, there was a price tag.

The settlers do nothing but following a certain pattern consistantly.

So is saying "It's expected" implying anything more than....It's expected??:eusa_hand::confused:

I did say it's expected.

Yes.

How Just. Not.

After the Fogels were killed, there was a price tag. After the Palmers were killed, there was a price tag. After baby adelle was stoned, there was a price tag, after Eviatar Borovsky was stabbed, there was a price tag.

So is saying "It's expected" implying anything more than....It's expected??:eusa_hand::confused:

Ok :)

But no condemnation?

Innocent people are terrorized. Do two wrongs make a right?

I did say it's expected.

Yes.

How Just. Not.

And yes, the implication is that it's justified. There is certainly no condemnation.

Oh, and it's not just for killing. It's anytime one of their illegal settlements is dismantled. Or they are refused expansion permits.

I can very well condemnd their deed.

But that will make me a hypocrite, since I believe, suprise surprise, that killing someone is worse than nailing a tire.

Once they show regret for stabbing our sons and brothers unprovoked, then I'll go openly condamning nailing tires.

Yes.

How Just. Not.

But no condemnation?

I didn't see people being terrorized.

Was anyone threatened or injured?

All they did was nail some tires.

They touched no mosque, physically harmed no one. not one stone was thrown at any vehicle or person.

I'd say they restrained themselves even.

I did say it's expected.

Yes.

How Just. Not.

But that will make me a hypocrite, since I believe, suprise surprise, that killing someone is worse than nailing a tire.

Once they show regret for stabbing our sons and brothers unprovoked, then I'll go openly condamning nailing tires.

Tell me, did the people who's tires were slashed do ANYTHING to provoke it?

You really are condoning it. Those attacks are not just in retaliation to killings and they don't just consist of simple vandalism. They are nothing less than terrorism against innocent people.

Price tag policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The price-tag campaign includes attacks on Palestinian villages and property by Israeli settlers as retaliation for attacks on Israeli targets and for government demolition of structures at West Bank settlements and the removal of outposts which are variously described as being either unauthorised or illegal,[10][11][11][12][13][14] and in recent years (2012-2013), dozens of such attacks have targeted Christian sites and the Christian community in Jerusalem.[15] They generally follow actions by Israeli authorities that are perceived as harming the settlement enterprise, or follow Palestinian violence against settlers.

Here's a random selection of their "antics":

List of Israeli price tag attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

23 July 2008 - 20 settlers attack the Palestinian village of Burin, smashing cars and windows and cutting electricity wires, after the IDF evacuated settlers from a residence-bus in the illegal outpost of Adei Ad.[6]

4 December 2008 – After Israeli police evacuated settlers from Beit HaShalom in Hebron, settlers said they would implement a price tag policy, and three Palestinians, including a father and son, were wounded by gunfire, 12 others injured and 15 cars torched.[8

1 June 2009 – Settlers blocked the main Qalqilya-Nablus road near the Qedumim settlement and stoned and assaulted Palestinian drivers trying to remove the debris, injuring 6, after a cell-phone alert had circulated the evening before warning that the Israeli army was about to evacuate the Ramat Gilad outpost, located east of the Qarnei Shomron settlement in the Qalqilya Governorate. Settlers also set fire that day to roughly 1,300 olive trees and 280 dunums of wheat and barley crops belonging residents of Palestinian villages along Road 60 between the Qedumim and Yitzhar settlements. No evacuation was carried out.[7]

9 September 2009 – After Israeli forces removed the temporary structures in the outpost of Ramat Haregel in the Hebron Governorate, more than 10 settlers from the Israeli settlement of Susiya, went to the neighbouring Palestinian village of that name, hurled stones and physically assaulted the villagers, resulting in injuries to 15 members of a family, including 10 children. After Israeli forces intervened, the settlers returned to Susiya, none were detained, and the outpost was reconstructed that night.[7]

17 March 2011 – 5 to 7 Jewish men, using a metal pipe and tear gas, assaulted two Palestinian labourers renovating a house on the edge of the settlement of Shiloh. A Jewish security guard protecting them was also injured slightly.[27][28]

But no condemnation?

They touched no mosque, physically harmed no one. not one stone was thrown at any vehicle or person.

So you think that's ok? Do you have any idea what tires cost to replace?

But no condemnation?

m0168.gif

Ok,ok, gotta admit, the last line cracked me up!

To the point, tire can be replaced, but life cannot be.

That's the bottom line here.

I don't think it's ok, because we can argue about comdeming this or not, but on one thing we can agree on, that this is violent act.

And I don't believe in violent acts on uninvolved people.

Which is why I don't justify it or rooting for them.

I do believe in solutions like our PM offered today. let there Jews move to Hebron immediately.

They think they can threaten us out? we'll prove they can't.

That's what I believe in.

Yes.

How Just. Not.

You really are condoning it. Those attacks are not just in retaliation to killings and they don't just consist of simple vandalism. They are nothing less than terrorism against innocent people.

The price-tag campaign includes attacks on Palestinian villages and property by Israeli settlers as retaliation for attacks on Israeli targets and for government demolition of structures at West Bank settlements and the removal of outposts which are variously described as being either unauthorised or illegal,[10][11][11][12][13][14] and in recent years (2012-2013), dozens of such attacks have targeted Christian sites and the Christian community in Jerusalem.[15] They generally follow actions by Israeli authorities that are perceived as harming the settlement enterprise, or follow Palestinian violence against settlers.

23 July 2008 - 20 settlers attack the Palestinian village of Burin, smashing cars and windows and cutting electricity wires, after the IDF evacuated settlers from a residence-bus in the illegal outpost of Adei Ad.[6]

4 December 2008 – After Israeli police evacuated settlers from Beit HaShalom in Hebron, settlers said they would implement a price tag policy, and three Palestinians, including a father and son, were wounded by gunfire, 12 others injured and 15 cars torched.[8

1 June 2009 – Settlers blocked the main Qalqilya-Nablus road near the Qedumim settlement and stoned and assaulted Palestinian drivers trying to remove the debris, injuring 6, after a cell-phone alert had circulated the evening before warning that the Israeli army was about to evacuate the Ramat Gilad outpost, located east of the Qarnei Shomron settlement in the Qalqilya Governorate. Settlers also set fire that day to roughly 1,300 olive trees and 280 dunums of wheat and barley crops belonging residents of Palestinian villages along Road 60 between the Qedumim and Yitzhar settlements. No evacuation was carried out.[7]

9 September 2009 – After Israeli forces removed the temporary structures in the outpost of Ramat Haregel in the Hebron Governorate, more than 10 settlers from the Israeli settlement of Susiya, went to the neighbouring Palestinian village of that name, hurled stones and physically assaulted the villagers, resulting in injuries to 15 members of a family, including 10 children. After Israeli forces intervened, the settlers returned to Susiya, none were detained, and the outpost was reconstructed that night.[7]

17 March 2011 – 5 to 7 Jewish men, using a metal pipe and tear gas, assaulted two Palestinian labourers renovating a house on the edge of the settlement of Shiloh. A Jewish security guard protecting them was also injured slightly.[27][28]

Try to see this from different prospective.

You expect me to cry and condemn people who responded to their friend being brutally killed and dumped into a pithole?

Really.

Innocent people get victimized. How Just. Not. And yes, the implication is that it's justified. There is certainly no condemnation. Oh, and it's not just for killing. It's anytime one of their illegal settlements is dismantled. Or they are refused expansion permits.
Cool, worthy of the UN human rights council, indeed. Besides, it would help greatly if that price-tag "info", so righteously supplied, were introduced with some reliability estimate - it's common knowledge that palistanians and their fellow travelers on-site and on the net are compulsive liars, of course.

Innocent people get victimized. How Just. Not. And yes, the implication is that it's justified. There is certainly no condemnation. Oh, and it's not just for killing. It's anytime one of their illegal settlements is dismantled. Or they are refused expansion permits.
Cool, worthy of the UN human rights council, indeed. Besides, it would help greatly if that price-tag "info", so righteously supplied, were introduced with some reliability estimate - it's common knowledge that palistanians and their fellow travelers on-site and on the net are compulsive liars, of course.

Cool. So you excuse terroristic activities by claiming it doesn't exist.

Fortunately the Israeli government is taking it seriously.

You expect me to cry and condemn people who responded to their friend being brutally killed and dumped into a pithole?

Really.

Terrorism is terrorism Lipush and there is killing and injury on both sides - to INNOCENT people. On BOTH sides. And sometimes for reasons as simple as dismantling a settlement.

You excuse one and condemn the other. What other perspective is it? If I see it from your perspective then I have to apply the same rationale to the Palestinians who are conducting terrrorism in response to killings and destruction by the Israeli's.

It's all the same. Either it's to be condemned as terrorism or justified as ... what? Justifying it in a society of law is justifying a breakdown of law.

m0168.gif

Ok,ok, gotta admit, the last line cracked me up!

To the point, tire can be replaced, but life cannot be.

That's the bottom line here.

I don't think it's ok, because we can argue about comdeming this or not, but on one thing we can agree on, that this is violent act.

And I don't believe in violent acts on uninvolved people.

Which is why I don't justify it or rooting for them.

I do believe in solutions like our PM offered today. let there Jews move to Hebron immediately.

They think they can threaten us out? we'll prove they can't.

That's what I believe in.

It's not a matter of replacing lives or tires. It's retaliation on innocent people who had nothing personally to do with the act that the retaliation is for. It's fire bombing their places of worship. It's destroying their livelihoods by burning down olive groves.

I don't like Price Tag one bit and it should be treated the same as any other terrorist act.

When it comes to Price Tags - Jews are threatening Palestinian civilians.

What should the PM allow the Palestinians to do then in retaliation? Set up a new village? Move into Jewish areas?

Really.

Terrorism is terrorism Lipush and there is killing and injury on both sides - to INNOCENT people. On BOTH sides. And sometimes for reasons as simple as dismantling a settlement.

You excuse one and condemn the other. What other perspective is it? If I see it from your perspective then I have to apply the same rationale to the Palestinians who are conducting terrrorism in response to killings and destruction by the Israeli's.

It's all the same. Either it's to be condemned as terrorism or justified as ... what? Justifying it in a society of law is justifying a breakdown of law.

I am not justifiying anywhere the violence, I simply choose to not say things which I don't mean or feel.

As I said before, I don't think the answer is by violence, but by settlements building.

Each person they kill, we should built a new settlement and name it in their memory.

New Topics

Forum List

Back