Price of Fuel Today

all i know is that 2 months in a row, my oil bill has been $350!!! that's just unacceptable!!! darn it! :(

You do realize that no matter how many oil wells are opened in the US, it does nothing to lower the prices of gas. When Oil is brought up from the ground, its owned by the company. Not the USA, the company. They can sell it to Missouri, China, Austrailia, whoever they want. We don't automatically get any oil they drill up.

What is preferable - to send $90 to a foreign country for every barrel of crude imported and consumed, or to retain that $90 within our borders for every barrel domestically produced and consumed. Getting oil and natural gas out of the ground in the U.S. requires U.S. jobs, U.S. materials, and U.S. services.

With respect to onshore (land) production, ownership of the product is based on mineral rights law and contract law. In most cases, until the first purchaser takes physical posession (at the delivery point) ownership is 100% vested with the the holder of mineral rights. That owner (or owners) is granted by contract a royalty equal to a percentage of the value of the product at time of delivery.

Minerals (oil, gas, coal, metals, etc) produced from public lands or waters is treated similarly.

So, no I think you're mistaken. When oil is brought up from the ground (or under waters) of government-owned property it is still 100% government (US) owned - unless rights of posession were modified under a previously executed agreement.

And for the 10th time... what is the goal of promoting domestic production of resources? To manipulate markets? Or to keep jobs, services, and revenues within our own economy?

Why are we paying a National average for regular gasoline of $3.16 a gallon and a barrel of crude oil is just above $86? Where is the Obama administration, the GOP House and the Democratic Senate? We hear we are broke and this issue could be corrected quickly. Understand, every time our price of fuel rises 1 cent, it effects our US economy by $400 million dollars. That's right, a nickle increase and we have a billion dollar impact on our economy.
We should drill in the USA but right now, there is another large surplus of crude sitting in tankers around the world. Again, we fix this issue and we get our feet back on good economic ground.

Don't waste your breath. As long as Democrats are in Washington we won't be able to drill for your own oil or build new refineries. And forget about nuke energy.

Obama doesn't want to talk about oil prices because he knows damn well that means.

true,,, when Bush was President the media bellowed the headlines "Pain At The Pump" now? not so much..

Yes, right now we'd be seeing headlines like,

Worse Economy In US History

Oil Prices Sky-rocketing

Over A Thousand Dead In Afghanistan

Home Foreclosures Highest in 20 Years

Bush Ignoring Border Security

Pakistani Freedom Fighters Being Targeted For Assassination

Bush Relaxes Water Standards To Poison Babies

Real Unemployment Reaches Record Levels

When George W. was President, all we heard from the Democrats was bitching about fuel being over $3.00 a gallon. Hillary Clinton even gave a blistering mouth full of crap on tv about how President Bush wasn't doing anything about fuel costs and because of it, we needed a Democrat in the White House. Well, today I paid $3.19 a gallon for gas and it cost me over $80.00 to fill up my truck. Where were all the Democrats? I didn't hear any of them bitching while I was pumping gas...

You don't really expect the Liberal media to be critical of this administration do you? :eusa_whistle:

As usual, you're right... I should have thought about that but I haven't had enough coffee yet to engage all my thought processes...

Obama doesn't want to talk about oil prices because he knows damn well that means.

true,,, when Bush was President the media bellowed the headlines "Pain At The Pump" now? not so much..

Yes, right now we'd be seeing headlines like,

Worse Economy In US History

Oil Prices Sky-rocketing

Over A Thousand Dead In Afghanistan

Home Foreclosures Highest in 20 Years

Bush Ignoring Border Security

Pakistani Freedom Fighters Being Targeted For Assassination

Bush Relaxes Water Standards To Poison Babies

Real Unemployment Reaches Record Levels

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

And what does the present resident say???

"This may be the NEW norm" he's got no fire in his belly does he??

Why are we paying a National average for regular gasoline of $3.16 a gallon and a barrel of crude oil is just above $86? Where is the Obama administration, the GOP House and the Democratic Senate? We hear we are broke and this issue could be corrected quickly. Understand, every time our price of fuel rises 1 cent, it effects our US economy by $400 million dollars. That's right, a nickle increase and we have a billion dollar impact on our economy.
We should drill in the USA but right now, there is another large surplus of crude sitting in tankers around the world. Again, we fix this issue and we get our feet back on good economic ground.

It's my understanding that our country will see the prices this low ( 3.49 ) here, because we still have a supply and when that is out, look OUT!!!!! :eek: And if the Suez Canal is compromised, we will all be walking. :evil:

Forum List

Back