Price of Fuel Today

GopJack

GopJack
Feb 19, 2011
Chandler, AZ
Why are we paying a National average for regular gasoline of $3.16 a gallon and a barrel of crude oil is just above $86? Where is the Obama administration, the GOP House and the Democratic Senate? We hear we are broke and this issue could be corrected quickly. Understand, every time our price of fuel rises 1 cent, it effects our US economy by $400 million dollars. That's right, a nickle increase and we have a billion dollar impact on our economy.
We should drill in the USA but right now, there is another large surplus of crude sitting in tankers around the world. Again, we fix this issue and we get our feet back on good economic ground.

Last edited:
Democrats have been keeping us dependent on foreign oil for decades. Fools who listen to the hypocrite in the white house tell them that there are alternates to petroleum products need their heads examined. The elites don't have to worry about the price of gas while they jet around the Country and the world on useless campaign trips. High gas prices are encouraged and intended by our left wing administration to force Americans to accept green junk manufactured in China.

Understand, every time our price of fuel rises 1 cent, it effects our US economy by $400 million dollars. That's right, a nickle increase and we have a billion dollar impact on our economy.
What're you.....some kind o' Anti-Capitalist??!!!!

:eusa_eh:

"ExxonMobil Corp. Senior Vice President Stephen Simon told a House committee that "stable" tax policies "are essential to encouraging needed investments." And Chevron Corp. Vice Chairman Peter Robertson said oil companies need "greater access to U.S. resources – onshore and offshore."

Sorry bout that,

1. The oil companies are some greedy bastards, but that fits hand in glove to the politicians, who are just as busy stuffing their pockets.
2. Along with all facets of CEO types in America, School superintendent's, local governments of cities, look at places in Califorina, where small city governments are making a half a million a year, benefits out the ying yang, etc.
3. Where are the laws that protect us?
4. The general public like my slef, the district attorney isn't to be seen, cleaning up these injustices.
5. Neither the congress or the senate care to do it, because they are too busy stuffing their pockets as fast as they can.
6. Those in power once were known to be people of honor, and noble, but those days are long gone it appears.
7. What is needed is a *National Code of Conduct*, established, and this code would be based on *honor*, *noble practices*, and *respect of the people whom they serve*.
8. I will do my best to come up with one, but if anyone cares to attempt to make one, using my outline as a guide I will lsiten.:clap2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Is the purpose of energy legislation to ensure that Americans will forever have cheap gasoline?

We had $1.00/gallon as recently as 1999. Today, at over $3, crude inventories appear robust.

As a reminder- 90% of the wells drilled in the U.S. are done so by independents, not the majors like BP or Exxon.

At $1.00/gallon gasoline it's the independents that go under, not the big guys.
At $1.00/gallon, tens of thousands lose jobs, independents go bust, domestic production falls, imports rise.

There's a drilling boom going on right now. Over 9 million employed in the petroleum sector and its affiliated industries. Domestic production is up. More of our money is staying here as a result.

Why are we paying a National average for regular gasoline of $3.16 a gallon and a barrel of crude oil is just above $86? Where is the Obama administration, the GOP House and the Democratic Senate? We hear we are broke and this issue could be corrected quickly. Understand, every time our price of fuel rises 1 cent, it effects our US economy by $400 million dollars. That's right, a nickle increase and we have a billion dollar impact on our economy.
We should drill in the USA but right now, there is another large surplus of crude sitting in tankers around the world. Again, we fix this issue and we get our feet back on good economic ground.

Hell, even a dollar a gallon is too high.

I remember 55 cents a gallon.

Understand, every time our price of fuel rises 1 cent, it effects our US economy by $400 million dollars. That's right, a nickle increase and we have a billion dollar impact on our economy.

I am an anti-capitalist when it comes to foreign crude oil producers taking money from the US economy. I assume you do too?

When George W. was President, all we heard from the Democrats was bitching about fuel being over $3.00 a gallon. Hillary Clinton even gave a blistering mouth full of crap on tv about how President Bush wasn't doing anything about fuel costs and because of it, we needed a Democrat in the White House. Well, today I paid $3.19 a gallon for gas and it cost me over $80.00 to fill up my truck. Where were all the Democrats? I didn't hear any of them bitching while I was pumping gas...

When George W. was President, all we heard from the Democrats was bitching about fuel being over $3.00 a gallon. Hillary Clinton even gave a blistering mouth full of crap on tv about how President Bush wasn't doing anything about fuel costs and because of it, we needed a Democrat in the White House. Well, today I paid $3.19 a gallon for gas and it cost me over $80.00 to fill up my truck. Where were all the Democrats? I didn't hear any of them bitching while I was pumping gas...

You don't really expect the Liberal media to be critical of this administration do you? :eusa_whistle:

Perhaps your missing something then?

Like the fact that the democrat / republican model is to keep you divided, while both sides of the house, corporate and bankster cronys get away with raping the small business's and commoner in this country?

They don't give a hill of beans about anyone but themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am an anti-capitalist when it comes to foreign crude oil producers taking money from the US economy. I assume you do too?

And just how much American made stuff do you really own? Your TV is not American made,..just an example.

I thought Obama was the most powerful man in the world! well if he is, why can't he bring gas down to $2.00 a gallon, milk down to 1.99 a gallon, and sugar back to $1.50 a Bag? Publix has sugar at $3.00 a bag already! Wal Mart not far behind! Cream Cheese today was $1.72 !!! it was .99 about six months ago dammit!!!

Left wingers, including Obama, want us paying Euro prices, 7 or 8 dollars a gallon. They have said it themselves. So has Obama. Not a mystery. They think fuel is too low today.

Why does something so useful and valuable in its own right have to be cheap as dirt?
People burn $1 worth of gas waiting at the drive up to buy an 89 cent taco.

Post of the day.

I see the same people bitching about gas prices, waiting in 20 minute drive thru lines, leaving their cars running at the grocery store, driving like 2 blocks down the road to a friends house, and worst of all...............drive down an Interstate, EVERYONE speeds, 80mph or more, burning way more gas than if they went 55 or less.

Again, bitch about it, but take no responsibility to fix it.

Why does something so useful and valuable in its own right have to be cheap as dirt?
People burn $1 worth of gas waiting at the drive up to buy an 89 cent taco.

Post of the day.

I see the same people bitching about gas prices, waiting in 20 minute drive thru lines, leaving their cars running at the grocery store, driving like 2 blocks down the road to a friends house, and worst of all...............drive down an Interstate, EVERYONE speeds, 80mph or more, burning way more gas than if they went 55 or less.

Again, bitch about it, but take no responsibility to fix it.

I have been saying we need to ban drive thrus unelss you have a handicapped parkinig permit for years.

Or we could just charge another sin tax for drive thrus?
there is also the littering aspect of a lot of the drive thru trash winding up beside our roadways.

You do realize that no matter how many oil wells are opened in the US, it does nothing to lower the prices of gas. When Oil is brought up from the ground, its owned by the company. Not the USA, the company. They can sell it to Missouri, China, Austrailia, whoever they want. We don't automatically get any oil they drill up.

Forum List

Back