Presumption of Innocence and Voter ID

We are all guilty of drinking under age and DUI b/c we had to prove who we were to get a license.

We are all guilty of draft dodging, b/c we had to show ID to sign up for the draft

We are all guilty of every single last traffic violation

etc
etc

blather blather

Thread IQ fail

I don't remember having to show anyone an ID to register for the draft.

So you just went down there and they assumed you were telling the truth?

:lol::eusa_hand::rofl::eusa_hand::lol:

We are all guilty of drinking under age and DUI b/c we had to prove who we were to get a license.

We are all guilty of draft dodging, b/c we had to show ID to sign up for the draft

We are all guilty of every single last traffic violation

etc
etc

blather blather

Thread IQ fail

I don't remember having to show anyone an ID to register for the draft.

So you just went down there and they assumed you were telling the truth?

:lol::eusa_hand::rofl::eusa_hand::lol:

Yeah. Earth shattering. You know if you register for selective service under a name that isn't yours - it doesn't do you any good, right?

I just sent back the card they sent me in the mail. No ID requried dipshit.

Last edited:
Thread fail, big time fail.

By your "logic" it's wrong to force people to get gun permits, but yet you won't allow anyone to buy any kind of weapon.

that's called hypocrisy.
Had no idea votes could kill!
Hey, let's compare apples and bricks!

comprehension fail

voting is a right and so is the right to bear arms

wait, sorry, I forgot you're a liberal. Google "The Second Amendment". That will help you understand

I'm aware of the 2nd amendment. But thanks for your concern.

Presumed innocence is basic to American jurisprudence. Voter ID presumes guilt of a voter to commit
fraud -- before a crime has been committed. Republican partiers, meet Minority Report.

The concept of the presumption of innocence is one of the most basic in our system of justice. However, in so many words, it is not codified in the text of the Constitution. This basic right comes to us, like many things, from English jurisprudence, and has been a part of that system for so long, that it is considered common law. The concept is embodied in several provisions of the Constitution, however, such as the right to remain silent and the right to a jury.
So...requiring ID to purchase alcohol is a presumption that the buyer is underage?

Drinking alcohol isn't a Constitutional right, vote is the most fundamental right. For those concerned about the minute amount of votes cast wrongfully, get draconian laws like Florida that keep even valid votes from being counted. The one sentence explanation by one poster here does not encompass the marathon that voting has become in some Florida counties; not only must one have photo ID, the address on the ID must match the address on the registration rolls. And the provisional ballot rules are more complex than posted also. A few people get to decide if provisional ballots will be counted; gee, I hope those select few have no biases......
Voting legally is a right.

Voting illegally is not.

Presumed innocence is basic to American jurisprudence. Voter ID presumes guilt of a voter to commit
fraud -- before a crime has been committed. Republican partiers, meet Minority Report.

The concept of the presumption of innocence is one of the most basic in our system of justice. However, in so many words, it is not codified in the text of the Constitution. This basic right comes to us, like many things, from English jurisprudence, and has been a part of that system for so long, that it is considered common law. The concept is embodied in several provisions of the Constitution, however, such as the right to remain silent and the right to a jury.

I don't take issue with voter ID - I take issue with PHOTO voter ID. Its not too much to ask that you bring some kind of evidence to prove your identity when you vote. A birth certificate and a utility bill in your name at you registered address, for instance. Or hey - how about the voter card itself?
Without a photo, how do you know the person who registered is the person who is voting?

You don't.

Dems are terrified of Voter ID because they know that their Vote Manufacturing efforts account for 10% of the Dem vote in every election

Please explain why IDs are checked at Obama fund raising events and to get into buildings such as the one which houses MSNBC?

Please explain why IDs are checked at Obama fund raising events and to get into buildings such as the one which houses MSNBC?

That's different. Somehow. It just is. You racist!

There, did I get that right, Star?

Forum List

Back