Pressure on Ensign (R-NV) to step aside

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
The people who dole out money to campaigns want him gone just like Rove wants Bible Spice gone:

Some Lobbyists Ask NRSC to Push Ensign Out : Roll Call

This lobbyist added that as Ensign's ethics problems continue from a scandal involving an affair the Senator had with a former aide, K Streeters don't want to see their donations end up funding Ensign's legal bills. "Everybody's throwing their support to Heller," he said, referring to Rep. Dean Heller, a likely primary challenger to Ensign.

Good, now if we can get the other 534 to resign as well, then we can really start fresh in 2013.

Immie

Double standard ain't even close. Bill Clinton looked America in the eye and told us that the "vast rightwing conspiracy" was responsible for the rumors about Monica while he knew damned well that his DNA was all over her dress. The fool couldn't even keep his pants zipped in the Oval Office.

Double standard ain't even close. Bill Clinton looked America in the eye and told us that the "vast rightwing conspiracy" was responsible for the rumors about Monica while he knew damned well that his DNA was all over her dress. The fool couldn't even keep his pants zipped in the Oval Office.

.....and this has to do w/ the topic of Ensign(R) how exactly?

deflection08x11r.jpg
If you want to talk about former President Clinton, feel free to start your own thread.

deflection08x11r.jpg
If you want to talk about former President Clinton, feel free to start your own thread.

Wrong, the topic is having an affair while in office. That definitely INCLUDES Clinton. And isn't it telling that the Republicans disapprove of the behavior and drive their own out when they do it, while the Democrats rally round and not only support the accused but run interference for him.

The people who dole out money to campaigns want him gone just like Rove wants Bible Spice gone:

Some Lobbyists Ask NRSC to Push Ensign Out : Roll Call

This lobbyist added that as Ensign's ethics problems continue from a scandal involving an affair the Senator had with a former aide, K Streeters don't want to see their donations end up funding Ensign's legal bills. "Everybody's throwing their support to Heller," he said, referring to Rep. Dean Heller, a likely primary challenger to Ensign.

Have you been this gleeful about adulterous politicians previously?

It is a shame that he must resign. He was a good conservative politician, and helped NV as much as possible against Reid's liberal ways. I feel sorry for his wife and children. It's too bad he had a character flaw that was his downfall.

It's nice that Republicans will own up to their mistakes. I hope he takes this time to repair the damage done to his family.

deflection08x11r.jpg

Wrong, the topic is having an affair while in office. That definitely INCLUDES Clinton. And isn't it telling that the Republicans disapprove of the behavior and drive their own out when they do it, while the Democrats rally round and not only support the accused but run interference for him.

The thread is about Ensign:

I should know, I started it. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

It is a shame that he must resign. He was a good conservative politician, and helped NV as much as possible against Reid's liberal ways. I feel sorry for his wife and children. It's too bad he had a character flaw that was his downfall.

It's nice that Republicans will own up to their mistakes. I hope he takes this time to repair the damage done to his family.

"own up to his mistakes?" He had his father bribe the aggreived husband who's wife he banged. :lol:Yeah. Thats admitting mistakes lol PLUS he didn't step aside.

"own up to his mistakes?" He had his father bribe the aggreived husband for cryin out loud. :lol:Yeah. Thats admitting mistakes PLUS he didn't step aside.
I watched his speech today. Did you?

And you didn't answer the question. Are you always gleeful about families being destroyed by immorality?

"own up to his mistakes?" He had his father bribe the aggreived husband who's wife he banged. :lol:Yeah. Thats admitting mistakes lol PLUS he didn't step aside.

His words today:
"I just came to the conclusion that I just couldn't put my family though it," he said.

In recent months, Ensign had been adamant that he would seek re-election. He said Monday it was difficult to give up the job he loved, but "I have learned through the mistakes I have made that there are consequences to sin."

Takes a lot of courage to admit when you've made mistakes, don't you think?

deflection08x11r.jpg

I hould know, I started it. :eusa_eh:

I really hate to break it to you, but you do ot get to dictate what is and is not discussed in this thread. Ensign had an affair, so did Clinton, and how the two were treated is telling indeed about our Liberal and conservative buddies.

I hould know, I started it. :eusa_eh:

I really hate to break it to you, but you do ot get to dictate what is and is not discussed in this thread. Ensign had an affair, so did Clinton, and how the two were treated is telling indeed about our Liberal and conservative buddies.

You really don't know how bboards work do you? :eusa_eh: Someone posts a topic, in this instance it was myself who did so, then we discuss said topic. Ever heard the term "off-topic" inre: bboards?

If you want to discuss Clinton, start a thread about him. Otherwise your posting off-topic/spamming on my thread. Unnerstand :eusa_eh:You CAN'T be a libral because no libral I ever met is that dense. You don't want to observe board-netiquette, thats fine by me but that says more about you than it does about me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back