Press looking for Photo Ops..lmao

wolvie20m

Oct 20, 2004
Seattle, Wa
I've been looking at some of the pictures the press is taking of the Marines in Fallujah, well most/some of these pictures show the Marines holding thier gun up, well if you look clossley you'll notice there's no magazine in thier gun. No magazine no bullets, no bullets not really trying to patrol or aurd anything. Just an observation of soldiers posing for the press. I just hope the press dosn't turn our boys soft, and into models.

Attachments

• $fallujah.jpg
    $fallujah.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 86
If his scope is a magnification scope (most likely) he's probably just using his rifle as a binocular. And you probably dont wanna lock and load when you're scouting.

nakedemperor said:
If his scope is a magnification scope (most likely) he's probably just using his rifle as a binocular. And you probably dont wanna lock and load when you're scouting.

He is in a COMBAT zone. It is a staged photo. Apparently, he is on a base and in a secure area. He would not need to be peering through the scope unless he was trying to target something or watch a "possible" enemy combatant. If that were the case, he would be "locked and loaded".

I can't find it, but in 1987 I was in a photo in Newsweek that was taken for a story about the DMZ. We were all decked out in our gear, cammo'd up and looking mean and like we were laying in an ambush position inside the fence. In reality, we were behind our barracks on Camp Greaves.

freeandfun1 said:
He is in a COMBAT zone. It is a staged photo. Apparently, he is on a base and in a secure area. He would not need to be peering through the scope unless he was trying to target something or watch a "possible" enemy combatant. If that were the case, he would be "locked and loaded".

I can't find it, but in 1987 I was in a photo in Newsweek that was taken for a story about the DMZ. We were all decked out in our gear, cammo'd up and looking mean and like we were laying in an ambush position inside the fence. In reality, we were behind our barracks on Camp Greaves.

Yes, dig that up for sure. :D

That is definately a staged photo.

In base camp there would be no magazines in the rifles.

There are two types of zones. A no fire zone and a free fire zone. In the no fire zone you can't have a magazine in the rifle. In the free fire zone you are locked and loaded.

In some cases in a populated area you might have a mag in but no round chambered.

nakedemperor said:

Haaaaaaaaahahahahahaha Your politically correct side is showing again.

Here's a thought you may want to consider. If this soldier were out on a mission and using his scope to scout as you suggest, why would he unload his weapon when scouting for the enemy? Don't you suppose that if he did spot a member of the opposition he would want to be prepared to shoot the little bastards? That would be my guess.

Forum List

Back