Press Grill Gibbs: What happened to Obama's Transparency?

He could have protected himself from damage on this. this is not actually a promise he could make, as Nancy and Harry control the rules of the usual process.

But he deliberately shot himself in the foot on this one, as he has brought the negotiations into the white house under his direction. If it were the usual process, he could have said "Sorry, nothing I could do about it." But now is is directly under his rules, he should have followed through.

Gibbs is such a tool.

And we know what happened to it, its in the same place his hope and change is.

Fantasy land.

They never intended transparency in the first place - they are more surprised some in the media are now sheepishly asking about it...

They never intended transparency in the first place - they are more surprised some in the media are now sheepishly asking about it...

He is recorded 8-9 different times on U-Tube stating that health care reform negotiations would be broadcast on C-Span for all to see. He also stated that any peice of legislation would be put on-line for 3-5 days before it was passed so all would have a chance to read it, yet he signed the 787 billion dollar stimulus bill without even the congress and the senate having the time to read it.

Do you think that who-ever runs against him in 2012 is not going to remind the voters of these broken promises?? They will drive it home and torpedo him continually with these broken promises. He has given any opponent in his 1st year in office enough ammunition to last a life time.:cuckoo:

He is recorded 8-9 different times on U-Tube stating that health care reform negotiations would be broadcast on C-Span for all to see. He also stated that any peice of legislation would be put on-line for 3-5 days before it was passed so all would have a chance to read it, yet he signed the 787 billion dollar stimulus bill without even the congress and the senate having the time to read it.

Do you think that who-ever runs against him in 2012 is not going to remind the voters of these broken promises?? They will drive it home and torpedo him continually with these broken promises. He has given any opponent in his 1st year in office enough ammunition to last a life time.:cuckoo:

:doubt: I know one thing for sure!!! He won't get my vote again!!! DANG!!! I am very TORKED!!!

This particular issue I suspect will get a lot of play in the mid-terms and it's pretty obvious that the President made these promises during the campaign and is now being called into question on them. I am sure that you will see many a campaign Ad this year with those very same promises in them, if not someone is not doing their jobs pointing this out. Personally, I thought that the idea of having everything out in the open was one of his best ideas and can see how many on the Democrat side would be upset over this, I know I am and I'm not a democrat.

This particular issue I suspect will get a lot of play in the mid-terms and it's pretty obvious that the President made these promises during the campaign and is now being called into question on them. I am sure that you will see many a campaign Ad this year with those very same promises in them, if not someone is not doing their jobs pointing this out. Personally, I thought that the idea of having everything out in the open was one of his best ideas and can see how many on the Democrat side would be upset over this, I know I am and I'm not a democrat.

Barry had the media in his back pocket during the election.

His mistake was assuming it would stay there forever.

Barry had the media in his back pocket during the election.

His mistake was assuming it would stay there forever.
Jimmy Carter made the same mistake. And when the media falls out of love with you, the divorce can be painful.

When Newsweek makes nice about Sarah Palin, then we will know the love affair is over.

:( I think it is a very rude awaking, for those who honestly believed that Americans, would have a good change for the best. There is an old expression"He Woulda!!! Coulda,!!!! Shoulda!!!.NOT!!!!!

Newsweek is having Barry write the cover story on Haiti in the upcoming issue.

No joke...
___

Newsweek Gets Obama to Write Cover Story on Haiti

Newsweek Gets Obama to Write Cover Story on Haiti | The Wrap

And I suspect the liberals will actually believe that he wrote it, when - in fact - it will be written by someone else and signed off by Obama. But let's not let the facts stand in the way. It will be fine and dandy for him but, no doubt, someone will whine about Palin's publishers hiring a ghostwriter for hers. :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back