Press Conference Transcript...

nakedemperor

Aug 5, 2004
NYC
...wondering if anyone has a link to the Bush Allawi press conference transcript, if it exists...

Cheers

Ross

go to www.cspan.org and click on the link that says "Pres. Bush & Interim Iraqi P.M. Iyad Allawi Joint Press Conference" to watch the whole thing.

"There are nearly 100,000 troops trained. The Afghan national army is part of the army. By the way, the Afghan national army went into Najaf and did the work there."

:stupid:

Yes, the president, standing next to the Iraqi Prime Minister, called Iraqis Afghans twice. What are the odds Allawi would have said, "We're very grateful for the Mexican-led invasion and regime change. The Mexican army is taking heavy casualties, but we're glad its staying the course."

Oy.

nakedemperor said:
"There are nearly 100,000 troops trained. The Afghan national army is part of the army. By the way, the Afghan national army went into Najaf and did the work there."

:stupid:

Yes, the president, standing next to the Iraqi Prime Minister, called Iraqis Afghans twice. What are the odds Allawi would have said, "We're very grateful for the Mexican-led invasion and regime change. The Mexican army is taking heavy casualties, but we're glad its staying the course."

Oy.
Smart people knew what he meant----picky picky--is that all you can do to trash the conference?

dilloduck said:
Smart people knew what he meant----picky picky--is that all you can do to trash the conference?

I'm not trying to trash the conference...I just thought that it was a really really ignorant thing to say. I wonder what Allawi was thinking.

nakedemperor said:
I'm not trying to trash the conference...I just thought that it was a really really ignorant thing to say. I wonder what Allawi was thinking.

my guess would be YIPEEEEEEEEE !

Gosh naked, you're such a nitpicker. How lame. Everyone knew what he meant. Is that the only criticism you have? Anything of content or substance?

rtwngAvngr said:
Gosh naked, you're such a nitpicker. How lame. Everyone knew what he meant. Is that the only criticism you have? Anything of content or substance?

Yeah, it was a good press conference, but nothing new. I was glad that the president qualified his statement that there were "a handful" of terrorists in Iraq-- apparently he meant that the militants are the vast minority in Iraq. My only significant quarrel is that he repeated his rhetoric of downplaying the gravity of the situation in Iraq. The first step to solving a problem is admitting that there is one. My only hope is that its just campaign rhetoric, and that the people at the top realize there is a powder keg being filled over there, and they are more concerned with it than they appear to be. I'm glad we're finally going to go on the offensive, even if it will be after the election so the windfall won't affect him politically.

nakedemperor said:

You want ignorant? How about calling the Prime minister of a nation in need a liar and a puppet? How about sending your sister to tell an ally that they are worse off for helping the US? Hows that for ignorant.

Forum List

Back