Presidents speak on a free press

Something interesting to consider regarding rightwing media:

“Monday's disclosure [of the Cohen-Hannity relationship] demonstrates just how tight-knit the pro-Trump media world is. Not only does Hannity advise Trump, not only does Trump promote Hannity's show, not only does Hannity attack Trump's critics -- Hannity and Trump even share the same lawyer.

Cohen is one kind of Trump protector, Hannity is another kind.”

Stelter: Sean Hannity has few rules, and now Fox News has a problem

From your link;

Simon Maloy of the anti-Fox group Media Matters tweeted: "Pause for a moment to reflect upon what one Sean Hannity might do with news that an MSNBC personality had hidden a relationship with a Clinton attorney under criminal investigation."

Even a fellow Fox host, Juan Williams, raised this issue on the network's 5 p.m. talk show "The Five" Monday evening.

"The question for me is why Sean didn't disclose this earlier," Williams said.

But Fox sometimes asserts that Hannity plays by different rules. While "News" is in the Fox name, Hannity proudly says he's not a journalist. In fact, he likes to say journalism is "dead."

No, Sean; journalism is not dead. It's only dead at FOX.

Him saying that should be a wake-up call for every FOX viewer, but I have no doubt it won't be. Proof has been supplied over and over again that FOX is an entertainment network, and people such as Chris Wallace and Shep Smith are the exceptions, not the norm.

Speaking of journalism being dead - is this where America is headed? No truth, just the GOP propaganda network, everything else is derided and denigrated. And if people continue to speak up/out, ah. Well. They wind up dead.

Russian reporter dies after mystery fall

Vyacheslav Bashkov described Borodin as a "principled, honest journalist" and said Borodin had contacted him at five o'clock in the morning on 11 April saying there was "someone with a weapon on his balcony and people in camouflage and masks on the staircase landing".

Borodin had been looking for a lawyer, he explained, although he later called him back saying he was wrong and that the security men had been taking part in some sort of exercise.

After he was found badly injured at the foot of the building on Thursday, regional authorities said the door of his flat had been locked from the inside, indicating that no-one else had either entered or left the flat.

Journalism is a dangerous business in Russia, and it will become so here, if Trump has his way. Just one of the many attempts he is making to turn this country into an authoritarian state, which leads to another question.

Why are you all okay with that?
Most conservatives are okay with this because a free press is the last of this Nation’s institutions the right doesn’t control.

Conservatives control all three branches of the Federal government and most of the states, whose Congressional districts are so heavily gerrymandered in favor of Republicans that the democratic process no longer functions in those states, and where opposing views and dissent can find no political purchase.

The elimination of a free press would facilitate the right’s political hegemony for generations to come.

Where's the "free press", buddy?

Most of the major networks are nothing but a propaganda arm for the globalists/Democrat party.

I know a secret I won't tell about that one. :iyfyus.jpg:
They are free to report the news from any angle they wish. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is not free.

What you call "angles", I call being dishonest. Lying by omission is still lying.

“Monday's disclosure [of the Cohen-Hannity relationship] demonstrates just how tight-knit the pro-Trump media world is. Not only does Hannity advise Trump, not only does Trump promote Hannity's show, not only does Hannity attack Trump's critics -- Hannity and Trump even share the same lawyer.

From your link;

Simon Maloy of the anti-Fox group Media Matters tweeted: "Pause for a moment to reflect upon what one Sean Hannity might do with news that an MSNBC personality had hidden a relationship with a Clinton attorney under criminal investigation."

Even a fellow Fox host, Juan Williams, raised this issue on the network's 5 p.m. talk show "The Five" Monday evening.

But Fox sometimes asserts that Hannity plays by different rules. While "News" is in the Fox name, Hannity proudly says he's not a journalist. In fact, he likes to say journalism is "dead."

Him saying that should be a wake-up call for every FOX viewer, but I have no doubt it won't be. Proof has been supplied over and over again that FOX is an entertainment network, and people such as Chris Wallace and Shep Smith are the exceptions, not the norm.

Speaking of journalism being dead - is this where America is headed? No truth, just the GOP propaganda network, everything else is derided and denigrated. And if people continue to speak up/out, ah. Well. They wind up dead.

Vyacheslav Bashkov described Borodin as a "principled, honest journalist" and said Borodin had contacted him at five o'clock in the morning on 11 April saying there was "someone with a weapon on his balcony and people in camouflage and masks on the staircase landing".

Borodin had been looking for a lawyer, he explained, although he later called him back saying he was wrong and that the security men had been taking part in some sort of exercise.

After he was found badly injured at the foot of the building on Thursday, regional authorities said the door of his flat had been locked from the inside, indicating that no-one else had either entered or left the flat.

Journalism is a dangerous business in Russia, and it will become so here, if Trump has his way. Just one of the many attempts he is making to turn this country into an authoritarian state, which leads to another question.

Most conservatives are okay with this because a free press is the last of this Nation’s institutions the right doesn’t control.

Conservatives control all three branches of the Federal government and most of the states, whose Congressional districts are so heavily gerrymandered in favor of Republicans that the democratic process no longer functions in those states, and where opposing views and dissent can find no political purchase.

The elimination of a free press would facilitate the right’s political hegemony for generations to come.

Most of the major networks are nothing but a propaganda arm for the globalists/Democrat party.

They are free to report the news from any angle they wish. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is not free.

And just because someone in government calls them a pack of liars and partisan hacks doesn't mean they aren't free either.

From your link;

What you call "angles", I call being dishonest. Lying by omission is still lying.
They are free to do it is the point. Right wing media does the same.

From your link;

And just because someone in government calls them a pack of liars and partisan hacks doesn't mean they aren't free either.
The media deserves our derision, for sure.

I think its major failing isn't related to partisanship though.

Last edited:
From your link;

They are free to do it is the point. Right wing media does the same.

That's why they suck, too. CBS and C-Span are the best.

iu

From your link;

The failing is on those branches of the media that scream impartial but are anything but.

..easy--they don't publish the truth and/or they put greater emphasis on the non-critical points.....
..perfect examples are the UNARMED black men stories ---total bullshit and sometimes just plain falsehoods/etc

There is nothing wrong with attacking the press when they are known to completely fabricate stuff about you.
Personally? I think news outlets should be responsible for intentionally misleading the public.
Corporations can get sued for false advertisement and lying to customers, why cant they? I mean, they can. But good luck...
I totally agree--they have FDed America by their crap
they've divided America
they've allowed criminality/criminals to be thought of as OK
they've made out the criminals as good--police EVIL
black criminals-OK...whites --EVIL
etc

It was a conservative government that first passed laws that the press could not criticize conservative politicians. The Sedition laws.

The failing is on those branches of the media that scream impartial but are anything but.
I don't know of a serious media outlet that doesn't sell itself as impartial.

The failure is of we the people buying what they are selling. Market rules.

We are caught up in a stupid partisan bickering match and fail to see the big picture.

these ''news'' [ hahahah ] stations usually put out a lot of crap in their stories like:
could be
maybe
might have been
and then all kind of bullshit side stories for the story
the headlines are bullshit -

It was a conservative government that first passed laws that the press could not criticize conservative politicians. The Sedition laws.
And it was Tipper Gore and leftist wives who attacked music lyrics.

Frank Zappa, Dee Snider and John Denver of all people testified before Congress fighting for free speech against the PMRC leftists.

Rock History 101: Frank Zappa vs. The PMRC
It was a leftie that was responsible for today's album content warnings.
pmrc.jpeg

Last edited:
A "free press" in America means you are entitled to support the State from a left perspective and or a right perspective.

Challenge the State and you are weeded out of the "free press". These journalists are still entitled to challenge the State but must do so from a marginalized position on the fringe.

Robert Parry is an excellent example of my point.

His friends and supporters say his recent death was completely natural, though to tell the truth, the advanced technology of the intel services could fool anyone.

When Witchit posted about the death of the Russian reporter, I thought about Robert Parry's recent death and all his reporting on the Russiagate scam. No doubt there are a lot of folks that would want him gone.

Who's next? Jon Rappoport, Paul Craig Roberts, Seymour M. Hersh, Ed Shultz, etc.

Already, the government and establishment elites make moves against media they claim is dangerous, but make no such moves against the BBC or CBC. So one is propaganda, and the other is not?

Only those with low IQ do not get it. That commericial for MSNBC is nothing but lip service and propaganda, while they pass laws to make real journalism more difficult while at the same time, legalizing government sponsored propaganda.

How Ed Schultz transformed from MSNBC lefty to the American face of Moscow media

Yes, US Government Propaganda Use Against American Citizens Is Officially Legal Now
Yes, US Government Propaganda Use Against American Citizens Is Officially Legal Now

A "free press" in America means you are entitled to support the State from a left perspective and or a right perspective.

Challenge the State and you are weeded out of the "free press". These journalists are still entitled to challenge the State but must do so from a marginalized position on the fringe.

Robert Parry is an excellent example of my point.

His friends and supporters say his recent death was completely natural, though to tell the truth, the advanced technology of the intel services could fool anyone.

When Witchit posted about the death of the Russian reporter, I thought about Robert Parry's recent death and all his reporting on the Russiagate scam. No doubt there are a lot of folks that would want him gone.

Who's next? Jon Rappoport, Paul Craig Roberts, Seymour M. Hersh, Ed Shultz, etc.

Already, the government and establishment elites make moves against media they claim is dangerous, but make no such moves against the BBC or CBC. So one is propaganda, and the other is not?

Only those with low IQ do not get it. That commericial for MSNBC is nothing but lip service and propaganda, while they pass laws to make real journalism more difficult while at the same time, legalizing government sponsored propaganda.

How Ed Schultz transformed from MSNBC lefty to the American face of Moscow media

I hardly think Robert Parry was killed. He was already marginalized. He had a readership but it certainly was no threat to anyone. Ditto for the rest on your list.

That commericial for MSNBC is nothing but lip service and propaganda

Commercial propaganda designed to make the viewership of MSNBC feel patriotic about watching their news channel. It's rather unremarkable in its transparency but it apparently hits home with some.

More "freedom of the Press" from MSNBC, and at a critical time in world history no less.

Phil Donahue's 2002 program Donahue was canceled in late February 2003 during the buildup to the Iraq War. Despite earlier claims of cancellation because of low ratings,[110] Donahue was MSNBC's highest rated show that month.[111]

A leaked NBC internal study revealed that the studio was concerned that Donahue would act as "a home for the liberal antiwar agenda at the same time that our competitors are waving the flag at every opportunity."[111]
MSNBC - Wikipedia

Free independent journalism has been thoroughly marginalized by the corporate state and the American consumer.

Free press is not the qu33r, democrat stooges at MSNBC and CNN. Free press today is the internet. But notice, the qu33r, democrat stooges want to censor it.

Forum List

Back