President's approval rising

Obama's 12th Quarter Average, 43%, Is Lowest for Elected Presidents

The higher approval ratings for Obama in December 2011 and January 2012 led to an improvement in his 12th quarter average -- 43% in the period from Oct. 20, 2011, through Jan. 19, 2012, compared with his 41% 11th quarter average. Still, Obama's most recent quarters have been his worst in terms of job approval.

Despite the improvement in Obama's rating in the 12th quarter, it ranks as the lowest Gallup has measured in the comparable quarter for all elected presidents

Obama Averages 44% Approval in 3rd Year

OK.
The most Obama orgasmic network (NBC) led off last night with a story on rising gas prices...asking why and talking about consumers feeling the pinch. They followed up the story with the answer to the reason for rising prices at the pump, the Iran crisis.
I think the statistic was for every dime prices at the pump raises it pulls $150,000,000 out of the economy that could go to other areas. Where is the President on these issues?

Probably he is in the same place as Jimmy Carter when his political creation was no gas at all. Which is what's coming for us next.
Yeah.....right.......

"Drill, Baby, Drill"

853.gif

Simple equation:

Slowly improving economy + lousy GOP candidate field = higher Obama approvals.

Doesn't look like the GOP situation is going to change, so the Republicans have to hope the economy goes south.
....And, BIG OIL will blaze the trail.

handjob.gif

Last edited:
Carter Leads Ford, Reagan in Poll

January 21, 1979,

WASHINGTON, Jan. 20--President Carter would easily defeat either former Gov. Ronald Reagan of California or former President Gerald R. Ford if the election were held today, according to the Gallup Poll.

Carter Leads Ford, Reagan in Poll - Article - NYTimes.com

They have to put on a good face but in reality he'll be lucky to carry more than five states.

OK.
The most Obama orgasmic network (NBC) led off last night with a story on rising gas prices...asking why and talking about consumers feeling the pinch. They followed up the story with the answer to the reason for rising prices at the pump, the Iran crisis.
I think the statistic was for every dime prices at the pump raises it pulls $150,000,000 out of the economy that could go to other areas. Where is the President on these issues?

Probably he is in the same place as Jimmy Carter when his political creation was no gas at all. Which is what's coming for us next.
Yeah.....right.......

The leases that have opened up for exploration don't have the porosities and plays that are profitable. That's why there's no development.

You'll go ahead and cheer though.

Where I live -- and up until the crash in 2008 -- was one of the fastest growing areas in my state. Now? Two major grocery stores have closed up (one didn't even last 2 years), other major businesses have gone belly up, (new and used car places, major name gyms, mom and pop stores, restaurants, etc.), no new houses are being built, the painting contractors who come into my husbands place of employ are all saying that business is still practically non-existent (and no, it's not the typical 'it's the middle of winter' slump either), down the road about 10 min they put in a big shopping center (kind of like a 'towne' shopping center) and many of those buildings are still empty (it was built 3 years ago), we have suburban blight with all the empty store fronts . . . so where is it that things are better again? ... cause they sure aren't in my neck of the woods.

January 21, 1979,

WASHINGTON, Jan. 20--President Carter would easily defeat either former Gov. Ronald Reagan of California or former President Gerald R. Ford if the election were held today, according to the Gallup Poll.

"A BAC 111 aircraft left Andrews Air Force Base in the late afternoon of October 19, 1980. The aircraft's destination: Paris, France."

e44108c0-3156-488d-8be1-a93a5415bc5c

January 21, 1979,

They have to put on a good face but in reality he'll be lucky to carry more than five states.

Interesting that you chose a poll taken before the Iran Hostage Crisis. Carter had healthy polling numbers and would have probably beaten Reagan if not for a hostage crisis that lasted 444 days

I guess your point is that barring a crisis of the magnitude of the Iranian Hostage crisis that Obama will win easily

Yeah.....right.......

The leases that have opened up for exploration don't have the porosities and plays that are profitable. That's why there's no development.

Yeah.....if we can.....

.....to punch another well.

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers

Where I live -- and up until the crash in 2008 -- was one of the fastest growing areas in my state. Now? Two major grocery stores have closed up (one didn't even last 2 years), other major businesses have gone belly up, (new and used car places, major name gyms, mom and pop stores, restaurants, etc.), no new houses are being built, the painting contractors who come into my husbands place of employ are all saying that business is still practically non-existent (and no, it's not the typical 'it's the middle of winter' slump either), down the road about 10 min they put in a big shopping center (kind of like a 'towne' shopping center) and many of those buildings are still empty (it was built 3 years ago), we have suburban blight with all the empty store fronts . . . so where is it that things are better again? ... cause they sure aren't in my neck of the woods.
.....And, you couldn't even remember to leave a zip-code.

handjob.gif

January 21, 1979,

Interesting that you chose a poll taken before the Iran Hostage Crisis. Carter had healthy polling numbers and would have probably beaten Reagan if not for a hostage crisis that lasted 444 days.

"The end of Iran's first democratic government ushered in more than two decades of dictatorship by Shah Muhammad Reza Pahlavi, who relied on US aid and arms. The anti-American backlash in 1979 shook the whole region and helped spread Islamic militancy."

:eusa_whistle:

17 days later how's Obama doing?

A new POLITICO/George Washington University Battleground Poll reveals the prolonged nominating battle is taking a toll on the GOP candidates and finds the president’s standing significantly improved from late last year.

President Barack Obama’s approval rating is 53 percent, up 9 percentage points in four months. Matched up against his Republican opponents, he leads Mitt Romney by 10 points (53-43) and Rick Santorum by 11 (53-42). Even against a generic, unnamed Republican untarnished by attacks, Obama is up 5 percentage points. In November, he was tied.

Read more: Battleground Poll: GOP president?s race takes toll, Obama inches up - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

Forum List

Back