Presidents and JOBS

Yeah I was never for Cap and chrade.

However what to do as we MUST decrease our dependence on foreign energy and neither Business, govt nor people will do it without being made to in some way?

We can't rely on technologies which haven't been invented yet. So, the attack has to be two-pronged. We have to increase our conventional methods of energy, while incentivizing research. Now, there's some discussion to be had about how we go about the "incentivizing". The free-marketer in me thinks the profit motive alone should be all the incentive we need. But... I'm willing to recognize that it hasn't quite got the job done yet, and since it hasn't, it's not a given that it will.

So, I'm thinking there IS room for some tinkering, particularly in the area of developing scientific young minds. I'm inclined to think we need a NASA-like approach, something focused. But to be honest, I haven't considered the Constitutional implications and I can't imagine where we'd get the money if we don't get serious about trimming the fat out of our spending. :eusa_think:

It's a knotty problem, and it sure would be nice if the powers that be would go ahead and dump Cap-and-Scam. That way, they could start again from the ground up and develop a better approach.

Last edited:
the government hires lots of folks, yes. more and more every year. the private sector does the private hiring, of course.

the government can contribute to private job creation through manipulating:

monetary policy, tax policy, subsidy, regulation (and deregulation), and private contracts.

... over a short term.

over the longer term...

infrastructure, education, reg/dereg again, trade policy, privitization and, again, tax and monetary policy.

if you think that the government cant do anything to change the responses of businesses in an economy, your're clueless... totally oblivious to cause and effect relationships in history, as well as basic economic relationships like inflation/deflation and employment.

educate yourselves, peeps.

Hey all you lefties move over I have now been declared a leftie. Does this mean you guys will quit complaining about my posts.

Forum List

Back