Presidential seal falls off podium as Obama speaks

I have kudos to Bush for his handling of the 'shoe' incident. I give kudos to Obama for his handling of the 'title stripping' incident. Both men showed some style in dealing with an unforeseen circumstance.

What I didn't find funny about the 'shoe' incident was nothing to do with Bush - it was the disrespect shown to our President. And I would have felt equally pissed if a foreigner threw a shoe at Obama.

I didn't think the shoe incident was funny. I also wasn't particularly critical of the guy who threw the shoe.

If a foreign leader came to my country, destroyed my capital and tens of thousands of my countrymen were killed, I'd want to throw a shoe at the guy who started it, too.

Sometimes disrespect is earned. And Bush earned disrespect all over the world.

so saying 'bush got blah blah blah' so obama should get blah blah blah is silly and fails to take the evidence of why into consideration.

Last edited:
I have kudos to Bush for his handling of the 'shoe' incident. I give kudos to Obama for his handling of the 'title stripping' incident. Both men showed some style in dealing with an unforeseen circumstance.

What I didn't find funny about the 'shoe' incident was nothing to do with Bush - it was the disrespect shown to our President. And I would have felt equally pissed if a foreigner threw a shoe at Obama.

I didn't think the shoe incident was funny. I also wasn't particularly critical of the guy who threw the shoe.

If a foreign leader came to my country, destroyed my capital and tens of thousands of my countrymen were killed, I'd want to throw a shoe at the guy who started it, too.

so saying 'bush got blah blah blah' so obama should get blah blah blah is silly and fails to take the evidence of why into consideration.

The thing that got me about the shoe incident was that it was allowed to happen in the first place. It made me wonder what security was doing, that somebody could stand up and throw something - anything - at the President's head. No matter who the President was.

All's well that ends well, and I did laugh....but.....kinda not cool at the same time.

The thing that got me about the shoe incident was that it was allowed to happen in the first place. It made me wonder what security was doing, that somebody could stand up and throw something - anything - at the President's head. No matter who the President was.

All's well that ends well, and I did laugh....but.....kinda not cool at the same time.

i agree from a security perspective. but unless you make everyone leave anything that can possibly be thrown, including shoes, outside, how could it have been prevented?

i agree from a security perspective. but unless you make everyone leave anything that can possibly be thrown, including shoes, outside, how could it have been prevented?

Got me. But he did stand up and start yelling first, as I recall.

I guess the guys (and ladies) who step in front of the bullet didn't really want to take a shoe to the head. At least Bush got paid to be the butt of jokes. ;)

I wish I lived in this world of yours, where everything is black and white and everybody has access to all the information that our so called leaders have. You seem to be of the opinion that Bush is solely responsible. Interesting theory, however misguided. The President, any President, may be the most powerful individual on the planet but he can't to jack shit without the congresscritters.

However, I'm looking purely at the incident, not the politics that led up to it.

Only conservatives would make an issue outta this.
He played it of suprisingly well.. "Oh well, I think you all know who I am" :D

It's not an 'issue', it's just funny. Lighten up, young one.

Maybe to you. I'm sure some of your co-cons take it seriously.. Like a sign from God or some shit. Lmao.

so far you are the only one taking it seriously.

It must be the ghost of Carter coming back in time to let everyone know that He's not the worste President anymore.

It must be.

Only conservatives would make an issue outta this.
He played it of suprisingly well.. "Oh well, I think you all know who I am" :D

It's not an 'issue', it's just funny. Lighten up, young one.

Maybe to you. I'm sure some of your co-cons take it seriously.. Like a sign from God or some shit. Lmao.

Im still trying to remember the last time this happened to an American president :eusa_whistle:

obama-fly-on-lip-e1277323024991.jpg

Obama-swatting-flies1.jpg

The bees know.... :lol:

beesknow-1.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

AP - Washington bureau

The Secret Service has reported that the Presidential Seal was fired prematurely. It seems a reporter had taken a shoe off and an agent fired the shoe dispersal system contained in the seal. The system is undergoing modifications and questions are being asked about the failure of the net deployment.

Forum List

Back