Presidential News Conference: Passing the Buck?

Wasn't Lincoln assassinated because he had to use notes to give his speech?

maybe i'm naive, but i always thought that questions at a press conference were not scripted, making the use of a teleprompter superfluous, if not downright ridiculous.
are all the questions obama answers preapproved as are the questioners?
I'm pretty sure that it was only his opening speech that was on the teleprompter...but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

nope, that makes sense. i only caught the end on the radio. not terribly impressive, imo, he has a tendency to answer the question he wants to hear rather than the one that's been asked. i think lincoln did that too.

I don't understand this. Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, Clinton... everyone spoke with a teleprompter or a prepared speech. Four score and seven years ago... hello... that was written down. That didn't just come while Lincoln was addressing Gettysburg. This is the stupidest thing ever.
All of them could speak without one, even Bush twat, with going 'ehhhhhhhhhhh' 'uhhhhhhhhhhhhh' and so on every other sentance.

maybe i'm naive, but i always thought that questions at a press conference were not scripted, making the use of a teleprompter superfluous, if not downright ridiculous.
I'm pretty sure that it was only his opening speech that was on the teleprompter...but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

nope, that makes sense. i only caught the end on the radio. not terribly impressive, imo, he has a tendency to answer the question he wants to hear rather than the one that's been asked. i think lincoln did that too.
Maybe...but he isn't exactly like Lincoln. Lincoln freed the slaves and Obama is going to enslave us all. Did you notice the Nazi salute and the red (COMMIE) tie in the picture I posted?

My advice to The Prophet: start focusing on the here and now. Help the average citizen. Get busy.

If he keeps pushing his altruistic, out-year, social agenda under these circumstances (not counting global warming initiatives...) and things continue to deteriorate for the population, he and his whole crowd are in for some form of direct unpleasantness. Hopefully action will be confined to the ballot box.

While watching the news conference this evening, I've noticed Obama making the comment, "I'm not the only one," then listing other individuals who share his view. What's with this? I've also noticed, several times, that Obama has blamed the Bush administration for his inheritence of a deficit, while ignoring the questions about his new spending bill that would double the deficit. Obama has also shown his true colors ,IMO, of partisanship. He referred to both parties as "us" and "them." Then he blamed any criticism on Republican Critics.

It going to show that Obama is no different than any other politician. So much for "hope" we can believe in.

That question has been asked many times on here as well. I've yet to see a reasonable answer.

Maybe...but he isn't exactly like Lincoln. Lincoln freed the slaves and Obama is going to enslave us all. Did you notice the Nazi salute and the red (COMMIE) tie in the picture I posted?

Lincoln freed the slaves; Obama enslaves the free.

So telling the truth about the mess he inherited bothers those on the right?

That's not passing the buck, it's called the truth.

He was given a bag of shit by Bush and now he has to clean it up. It doesn't mean he can't remind those on the right with a short memory span, that their man created it.

You make a blind squirrel appear prescient.

Your consistency is astounding; I'm almost hoping for you to get one right.

Funny, i didn't hear Bush complain about Clinton not taking out Bin Laden when he had the chance. Personally, I inherited a mess from the previous manager at my job. Never said a damn word about it, just went about my business. If only the guy in the highest office this country has to offer had the same standards for himself as an operations manager of a small-mid size company..... :rolleyes:

No one's bringing up Bush or his rhetoric. You and Ray act like a couple of teen-aged girls whose boyfriends cheated on you with republicans. It's ridiculus. First, I've never stated what political party I identify with (neither), but you assume that because I'm criticizing Obama, I must be a "neo-con." What a couple of ignorant asses.

I've simply stated an observation; NOT COMPARED HIM TO PAST PRESIDENTS. Learn to read.

Not sure what point you're trying to make, my point was Obama keeps pointing the finger at the previous administration instead of shutting the fuck up and doing his job. I used Bush and my personal experience as examples. I actually thought your point was intelligent and valid, now i wonder if you forgot to take your bi-polar medication after reading the post above....

Ok, I misread your post. Sorry. I took your rolly-eye emoticon at the end of your post as sarcasm. lol. I believe we have the same view on things.

While watching the news conference this evening, I've noticed Obama making the comment, "I'm not the only one," then listing other individuals who share his view. What's with this? I've also noticed, several times, that Obama has blamed the Bush administration for his inheritence of a deficit, while ignoring the questions about his new spending bill that would double the deficit. Obama has also shown his true colors ,IMO, of partisanship. He referred to both parties as "us" and "them." Then he blamed any criticism on Republican Critics.

It going to show that Obama is no different than any other politician. So much for "hope" we can believe in.
It was obvious some time ago that BO was just another machine politics guy.

He's in way over his head, and whenether he makes new mistakes he falls back on blaiming Bush, or Rush, or the GoP or whatever convient scapegoat Carvelle & Begalla tell him to mention.

I agree and have the same feeling. I learned early on (during his campaign) that he was just another politician that was saying anything to get elected. I was, however, willing to "give him a chance" to show me something, but so far, he's failed miserably at earning my approval.

Wasn't Lincoln assassinated because he had to use notes to give his speech?

Which makes perfect sense, considering he stuttered and dodged his way through the questinaire session.

That question has been asked many times on here as well. I've yet to see a reasonable answer.

The way I'm looking at this is, Obama inherited a campfire, and instead of throwing water on it, he has tossed enough fuel on it to create a forest fire, then cry "Hey, Bush started it."

Last edited:

Obama might be the most skilled reader of all time....

No one's bringing up Bush or his rhetoric. You and Ray act like a couple of teen-aged girls whose boyfriends cheated on you with republicans. It's ridiculus. First, I've never stated what political party I identify with (neither), but you assume that because I'm criticizing Obama, I must be a "neo-con." What a couple of ignorant asses.

I've simply stated an observation; NOT COMPARED HIM TO PAST PRESIDENTS. Learn to read.

Not sure what point you're trying to make, my point was Obama keeps pointing the finger at the previous administration instead of shutting the fuck up and doing his job. I used Bush and my personal experience as examples. I actually thought your point was intelligent and valid, now i wonder if you forgot to take your bi-polar medication after reading the post above....

Ok, I misread your post. Sorry. I took your rolly-eye emoticon at the end of your post as sarcasm. lol. I believe we have the same view on things.

It's cool, it was intended for rayboy, i probably should have quoted him..... :cool:

It's cool, it was intended for rayboy, i probably should have quoted him..... :cool:

Not a problem. Ray seems to turn basic observations into biased partisan bull shit and then claim you're a republican or neo-con just because you disagree with him. :cuckoo: You'd think we eat lunch together....:lol:

Forum List

Back