Presidential News Conference: Passing the Buck?

Average at best...at times rambling. Opening statement fell flat.

No way his budget is passed as proposed.

Democrats jumping ship.

Still maintaining public popularity - but not necessarily public support of policies.

Things getting a bit worrisome in Obama land...

Zogby has polled him at 50-50:

Poll of change: Obama’s job approval slipping to ‘50-50’ - BostonHerald.com

He spoke tonight. And thats about it.

I think he is going to wear very thin quickly.

This deal with Guithner, think about it.

They monetized $1 Trillion in debt to turn around and buy back $350 billion in toxic mortgages. This is like Bernie Madoff on steriods. At least Bernie got real money initially. In doing this the federal govt is printing money to cover money it already didnt have and printed.

Now, according to Mr. obama, we are going to invite investors in to buy these toxic assets. (shakes head).

A couple of problems.

1 The ONLY way this works is if these people begin to make timely mortgage payments. They couldnt do it before, whats changed?

2 The ONLY way anyone buys these will be if their principle is guaranteed. By who? Why the full faith and credit of the United States (read YOU and ME)

3 The investors have to be concerned that if they make exorbitant profits, will they be taxed at 90%?

#2 Sound familiar? This is how we got here in the first place.

Democrats jumping ship.

Still maintaining public popularity - but not necessarily public support of policies.

Zogby has polled him at 50-50:

Poll of change: Obama’s job approval slipping to ‘50-50’ - BostonHerald.com

He spoke tonight. And thats about it.

I think he is going to wear very thin quickly.

This deal with Guithner, think about it.

They monetized $1 Trillion in debt to turn around and buy back $350 billion in toxic mortgages. This is like Bernie Madoff on steriods. At least Bernie got real money initially. In doing this the federal govt is printing money to cover money it already didnt have and printed.

Now, according to Mr. obama, we are going to invite investors in to buy these toxic assets. (shakes head).

A couple of problems.

1 The ONLY way this works is if these people begin to make timely mortgage payments. They couldnt do it before, whats changed?

2 The ONLY way anyone buys these will be if their principle is guaranteed. By who? Why the full faith and credit of the United States (read YOU and ME)

3 The investors have to be concerned that if they make exorbitant profits, will they be taxed at 90%?

#2 Sound familiar? This is how we got here in the first place.

So the treasurer took 1 TRILLION to buy 350 BILLION in toxic assets? Hey that's the best bait & switch scheme--I have ever seen with anyone with very fast hands.

You are right on 100%--our enempt-incompetent federal government again guaranteeing loans--or basically co-signing these mortgages with our unborn grandchildrens name on them.

Democrats jumping ship.

Man--do I hope you're right. Republicans can't stop this alone--they are going to need major support from blue-dog democrats.

We need to re-structure government from the bottom to the top. The only ones that can do that is US. The "silent" majority in this country is going to have to step up to the plate & say NO MORE.

Democrats jumping ship.

Man--do I hope you're right. Republicans can't stop this alone--they are going to need major support from blue-dog democrats.

We need to re-structure government from the bottom to the top. The only ones that can do that is US. The "silent" majority in this country is going to have to step up to the plate & say NO MORE.

Enough Blue Dog Dems will hold the Obama disaster partially at bay - some will get through, but much of the budget will be shelved.

More and more Dems are looking around and going WTF - this guy is a chump.

Bank on it...

Funny, i didn't hear Bush complain about Clinton not taking out Bin Laden when he had the chance. Personally, I inherited a mess from the previous manager at my job. Never said a damn word about it, just went about my business. If only the guy in the highest office this country has to offer had the same standards for himself as an operations manager of a small-mid size company..... :rolleyes:

No one's bringing up Bush or his rhetoric. You and Ray act like a couple of teen-aged girls whose boyfriends cheated on you with republicans. It's ridiculus. First, I've never stated what political party I identify with (neither), but you assume that because I'm criticizing Obama, I must be a "neo-con." What a couple of ignorant asses.

I've simply stated an observation; NOT COMPARED HIM TO PAST PRESIDENTS. Learn to read.

Not sure what point you're trying to make, my point was Obama keeps pointing the finger at the previous administration instead of shutting the fuck up and doing his job. I used Bush and my personal experience as examples. I actually thought your point was intelligent and valid, now i wonder if you forgot to take your bi-polar medication after reading the post above....

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
images

While watching the news conference this evening, I've noticed Obama making the comment, "I'm not the only one," then listing other individuals who share his view. What's with this? I've also noticed, several times, that Obama has blamed the Bush administration for his inheritence of a deficit, while ignoring the questions about his new spending bill that would double the deficit. Obama has also shown his true colors ,IMO, of partisanship. He referred to both parties as "us" and "them." Then he blamed any criticism on Republican Critics.

It going to show that Obama is no different than any other politician. So much for "hope" we can believe in.
It was obvious some time ago that BO was just another machine politics guy.

He's in way over his head, and whenether he makes new mistakes he falls back on blaiming Bush, or Rush, or the GoP or whatever convient scapegoat Carvelle & Begalla tell him to mention.

A pretty thorough account of Obama's failure to sell his budget plans - he has clearly over-reached on this issue, yet continues to maintain his budget is essential to the nation's economic recovery. That tune has been whistled far too much and now even his own Democrat Party is finding ways to trim that budget way down - to say nothing of the rest of the world, namely those we owe huge sums of money to, shaking their heads over Obama and hoping some semblance of actual leadership will emerge from the current White House...

President Obama failed to sell his budget plans to the American people

And from the New York Times regarding the growing opposition from Democrats to the Obama budget:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/us/politics/25budget.html?_r=1&ref=politics

Ditching his beloved teleprompter in favor of a big old scrolling monitor, Obama reads yet another speech to the American people last night...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAB1wAXdBZ0]YouTube - Obama's TelePrompter Exposed on LIVE TV[/ame]

I don't understand this. Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, Clinton... everyone spoke with a teleprompter or a prepared speech. Four score and seven years ago... hello... that was written down. That didn't just come while Lincoln was addressing Gettysburg. This is the stupidest thing ever.

I don't understand this. Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, Clinton... everyone spoke with a teleprompter or a prepared speech. Four score and seven years ago... hello... that was written down. That didn't just come while Lincoln was addressing Gettysburg. This is the stupidest thing ever.
Wasn't Lincoln assassinated because he had to use notes to give his speech?

maybe i'm naive, but i always thought that questions at a press conference were not scripted, making the use of a teleprompter superfluous, if not downright ridiculous.
are all the questions obama answers preapproved as are the questioners?

maybe i'm naive, but i always thought that questions at a press conference were not scripted, making the use of a teleprompter superfluous, if not downright ridiculous.
I'm pretty sure that it was only his opening speech that was on the teleprompter...but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

um what history book did you read THAT from?

I'm pretty sure that it was only his opening speech that was on the teleprompter...but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
you mean you didnt notice the delay he had in answering the questions?
it was rather obvious

Forum List

Back