Presidential job approval does not necessarily mean approval of the man on a personal level.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
This is the disconnect the far left has. They are so obsessed with the man on a personal level they completely ignore everything else.
If polls are to be believed and Trumps approval rating is indeed higher than Obama's at the same time in his presidency then it is obvious the moderates in the country align with my topic title.

A perfect example is a recent experience I had with an automotive repair shop. They wanted my truck on a Tuesday but I couldn't get it in till Wednesday. It then sat in their parking lot until the following Monday before they even began working on it. Then the repair costs escalated to near 2000.00 and it took them a week to finally get done. To add to that the woman working the counter had a bad attitude and was unpleasant to deal with.

But the end result was a truck that runs better than it has in years. Despite my frustrations I am glad I took it there rather than another shop where my experience could have been far more expensive or resulted in a truck that didn't get repaired properly.

Take your emotions out of your logic process.

• Banned
An even better example would be the fact that I think Clinton was a scumbag but he was a pretty good president. I did not vote for him then but knowing what I know now I probably would have had I known how well the economy would go under him. I voted for Ross Perot lol

An even better example would be the fact that I think Clinton was a scumbag but he was a pretty good president. I did not vote for him then but knowing what I know now I probably would have had I known how well the economy would go under him. I voted for Ross Perot lol
The fact that Clinton was a scumbag was just a distraction from the fact that he wasn't as good of a president as you think.
Without a Republican Congress Clinton would have been a terrible president.

You can look at President Obama as well on a personal level he was very popular on a policy level he was not as the loses the Democratic party took under his two terms bear out in my opinion.

• Banned
The fact that Clinton was a scumbag was just a distraction from the fact that he wasn't as good of a president as you think.
I don't deal in what ifs. His presidency combined with a working congress brought great wealth to our nation. Presidents get the credit and the blame. Always have, always will.

Take your emotions out of your logic process.
I think you're right in theory, but I don't know how many people put forth the effort to separate the two at this point. We're so tribal now that if I don't like you, then you're just not on my team, and what you think doesn't matter.

What I don't know is if it's changed much over time or not.

I don't deal in what ifs. His presidency combined with a working congress brought great wealth to our nation. Presidents get the credit and the blame. Always have, always will.
It's also BS.
If Clinton had the same congress Bush had in 2007 Clinton would have fucked up the economy the same way.

Forum List

Back