Presidential debates - grab your popcorn and take a seat!

R

rdean

I think the Presidential debates are going to worth the price of admission. I suspect there will be "less" hopey changey and more attack from both sides. It will be interesting to see both parties ideas compared side by side.

What will be the points both sides make?

Love to hear Obama defend annual trilion deficits with a SecTres who is a Tax Cheat

Love to hear Obama defend $4/gallon gas with an SecEnergy who wants to double it

"It's the economy stupid!" :lol:
Yea, and I can't wait to hear the Republican's plan. It can't all be "cut taxes". Or can it?
Let me quess, The Teleprompter in Chief will say; "We need more sacrifice (Raise taxes) We need more investment (Print and spend more money) and I need more time! (Re-election)"

Bridge Collapse in Minnesota: Many Dead, Tens Injured, more Missing in Minneapolis Disaster | Suite101.com

Bridge Collapse in Minnesota
Many Dead, Tens Injured, more Missing in Minneapolis Disaster

"One in seven bridges in the United States is functionally obsolete."
According to Clifford Comeau the leader of the Highway Needs and Investment Analysis Team within FHWA’s Office of Legislation and Strategic Planning. Excuses aside the nation must address this need to improve its infrastructure; but who is responsible?

'Structurally deficient' bridges in use in some local areas | wwltv.com New Orleans

Louisiana ranks below the national average, with 12.9 percent of bridges rated as deficient. East Carroll Parish has the worst ranking in the state, with 33.8 percent deficient bridges. St. Charles is the best, with 3.6 percent.
Terrebonne has 211 bridges, 30 of which are carry the deficient label. Combined, they carry an average of 96,040 cars each day.
Lafourche has 137 bridges, with 13 labeled as structurally deficient, which combined carry an average of 49,452 cars.

He calls the backlog of transportation upgrades a "huge, huge problem."
"The nation just had other priorities that it got ahead of basic infrastructure, whether foreign aid or social programs," he said. "It doesn't appeal to the average constituent. We all take infrastructure for granted."

9.2% of Conn. bridges 'deficient,' study says; state fares better than most (document)- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

-----------------------------------------------

Besides commerce and connecting communities, what are bridges good for? At last count, 70,000 are deficient or unsafe. Remember that the next time you drive your family over a bridge. The odds are they will make it. But you will never know when you might win the Lotto. People do.

02cnd-bridgeC.600.jpg

US_Navy_070815-N-7405P-005_Navy_divers_from_Mobile_Diving_and_Salvage_Unit_(MDSU)_2_prepare_to_conduct_a_dive_into_the_Mississippi_River_to_tie_up_concrete_that_fell_in_during_the_I-35_Bridge_collapse.jpg

And that's just bridges. What else needs attention.

I must say, I don't agree with Republicans that investing in our nation is "waste".

Yea, and I can't wait to hear the Republican's plan. It can't all be "cut taxes". Or can it?
Let me quess, The Teleprompter in Chief will say; "We need more sacrifice (Raise taxes) We need more investment (Print and spend more money) and I need more time! (Re-election)"
According to Clifford Comeau the leader of the Highway Needs and Investment Analysis Team within FHWA’s Office of Legislation and Strategic Planning. Excuses aside the nation must address this need to improve its infrastructure; but who is responsible?
Besides commerce and connecting communities, what are bridges good for? At last count, 70,000 are deficient or unsafe. Remember that the next time you drive your family over a bridge. The odds are they will make it. But you will never know when you might win the Lotto. People do.
I must say, I don't agree with Republicans that investing in our nation is "waste".
700+Billion Stimulus spent and where is the economy? Unemployment up. Debt Up. Obama Golfing. Stop being a partisan hack and realize that BOTH PARTIES have fucked us hard! We've been trolled by the US Government!

Either we get rid of the Federal Reserve and hack Gov't down to a manageable size we'll NEVER recover. FFS they want to put TSA in malls and sports centers to grab our crotches. WAKE THE FUCK UP!

OBAMA AND BUSH ARE TWINS! There is no difference between the parties!

Bridge Collapse in Minnesota: Many Dead, Tens Injured, more Missing in Minneapolis Disaster | Suite101.com

Bridge Collapse in Minnesota
Many Dead, Tens Injured, more Missing in Minneapolis Disaster

'Structurally deficient' bridges in use in some local areas | wwltv.com New Orleans

Louisiana ranks below the national average, with 12.9 percent of bridges rated as deficient. East Carroll Parish has the worst ranking in the state, with 33.8 percent deficient bridges. St. Charles is the best, with 3.6 percent.
Terrebonne has 211 bridges, 30 of which are carry the deficient label. Combined, they carry an average of 96,040 cars each day.
Lafourche has 137 bridges, with 13 labeled as structurally deficient, which combined carry an average of 49,452 cars.

He calls the backlog of transportation upgrades a "huge, huge problem."
"The nation just had other priorities that it got ahead of basic infrastructure, whether foreign aid or social programs," he said. "It doesn't appeal to the average constituent. We all take infrastructure for granted."

9.2% of Conn. bridges 'deficient,' study says; state fares better than most (document)- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

-----------------------------------------------

02cnd-bridgeC.600.jpg

US_Navy_070815-N-7405P-005_Navy_divers_from_Mobile_Diving_and_Salvage_Unit_(MDSU)_2_prepare_to_conduct_a_dive_into_the_Mississippi_River_to_tie_up_concrete_that_fell_in_during_the_I-35_Bridge_collapse.jpg

And that's just bridges. What else needs attention.

Wasn't the stimulus supposed to create jobs by rebuilding the infrastructure? Oh that's right it went to save the jobs of union government employees who in return will vote Democrat....what a scam.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back