Presidential Debate Schedules

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Commission on Presidential Debates Announces Moderators

http://www.debates.org/pages/news_040813.html

August 13, 2004

Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr., and Paul G. Kirk, Jr., co-chairmen of the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), today announced moderators for the 2004 general election debates. The moderators, and the schedule and locations for the debates (as announced on November 6, 2003), are as follows:

First presidential debate:
University of Miami
Coral Gables, FL
Thursday, September 30
Jim Lehrer
Anchor and Executive Editor, The NewsHour, PBS

Vice presidential debate:
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday, October 5
Gwen Ifill
Senior Correspondent, The NewsHour, and Moderator, Washington Week, PBS

Second presidential debate:
Washington University in St. Louis
St. Louis, MO
Friday, October 8
Charles Gibson
Co-Anchor, ABC News Good Morning America

Third presidential debate:
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ
Wednesday, October 13
Bob Schieffer
CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent, and Moderator, Face the Nation

Each debate shall begin at 9:00 p.m. EDT.

Thankst Kathianne. I wonder about those moderators though. Hope everyone can be fair?! I remember last time Gore kept talking way past his time.

Looks like four nights that will include 1) me, 2) a six-pack, 3) a score-keeping pad, and 4) a family annoyed at me yelling at the TV for hours on end.

gop_jeff said:
Looks like four nights that will include 1) me, 2) a six-pack, 3) a score-keeping pad, and 4) a family annoyed at me yelling at the TV for hours on end.
:beer:

gop_jeff said:

I hear ya! I am thinking of having at least 1 debate party with some of my friends. I am having ONE HECK of a time finding a Kerry supporter here in Vegas. I see em running around with bumberstickers on their cars, but I have yet to talk to a real live one in person. I know they are out there, but I manage to avoid them.

freeandfun1 said:
I hear ya! I am thinking of having at least 1 debate party with some of my friends. I am having ONE HECK of a time finding a Kerry supporter here in Vegas. I see em running around with bumberstickers on their cars, but I have yet to talk to a real live one in person. I know they are out there, but I manage to avoid them.

Are there odds on the election out there in Vegas?

Zhukov said:
I knew there had to be.

I don't understand though how GWB can be 4/5 while JFK is even.

EDITED FOR CORRECTION - Transposed the numbers
Bush is a favorite. You have to bet $5 to win $4. For Kerry, if you bet $4 you win $4. Therefore, he (Kerry) is the "underdog".

freeandfun1 said:
Bush is a favorite. You have to bet $4 to win $5. For Kerry, if you bet $4 you win $4. Therefore, he is the "underdog".

No I understand the pay out structure. What I mean is, if GWB is 4/5, shouldn't kerry be a 1/5? Or does it just not work that way?

And isn't it bet $5 to win $4 in GWB's case, because Nader has 500/1 odds, or bet a dollar to win $500 should he win.

Of course, there is the distinc possibility that I do not in fact understand the pay out structure.

Zhukov said:
No I understand the pay out structure. What I mean is, if GWB is 4/5, shouldn't kerry be a 1/5? Or does it just not work that way?

And isn't it bet $5 to win $4 in GWB's case, because Nader has 500/1 odds, or bet a dollar to win $500 should he win.

Of course, there is the distinc possibility that I do not in fact understand the pay out structure.

Typo. Sorry. I transposed the numbers.

Sometimes the odds don't make sense. Plus, the line will move based on who is betting on whom. In other words, the more that bet on Bush, the worse the odds will get.

Either way, you have to pay a 10% VIG if you win.

Regardless of the polls, the betting public visiting Vegas are bet'n on Bush.

Forum List

Back