Presidential Candidate Buddy Roemer Endorses Occupy Wall Street

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Jason Linkins

Manchester, NH -- Republican presidential candidate Buddy Roemer released the following statement regarding the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

As I continue touring college campuses throughout New Hampshire, I am reminded of all the young Americans currently taking part in the Occupy Wall Street movement. Please know that I stand by you.

It is Main Street that creates the majority of jobs in America; it is Main Street that sends our brave young men and women to war; it is Main Street that hurts when another manufacturing plant closes only to be re-opened in China; it is Main Street that is being foreclosed on; and it is Main Street that is suffering while the greed of Wall Street continues to hurt our middle-class.

Too-big-to-fail banks have only gotten bigger thanks to government bailouts, and as president, I will end the corporate tax loopholes that un-American corporations take advantage of only to ship our jobs overseas. Fair trade not Free trade.

Money in politics has created institutional corruption. Both parties are guilty of taking the big check and are bought by Wall Street. My campaign is the only one that speaks out against this and I look forward to the day lobbyists are not allowed to donate to campaigns.

Wall Street grew to be a source of capital for growing companies. It has become something else: A facilitator for greed and for the selling of American jobs. Enough already.

More: And The First 2012 Candidate To Endorse Occupy Wall Street Is...

oladi20110726123248373.jpg

<Snip> Too-big-to-fail banks have only gotten bigger thanks to government bailouts, ,,,

I don't expect the pinheads on the streets to know this -- but I'm hoping that Lahkota realizes that MOST of those banks had to be STRONG-ARMED and intimidated to take the bailouts and when they wanted to pay it back -- they were stone-walled.

If you want to know why BIG BANKS are getter BIGGER -- it's simple.. Govt regulation and compliance..
The morons on the streets have no idea what they're asking for...

Corp/Govt collusion exists ONLY because the Sugar Shack is getting bigger and more aggressive in their involvement of picking winners and losers. It's like blaming the bears for showing up at the salmon run.

It seems Buddy Roemer isn't getting much traction from the GOPers. He's probably too sane.

A number of his policies are quite like most of the candidates. You know, the ones you call insane.

What makes him superior in your mind?

<Snip> Too-big-to-fail banks have only gotten bigger thanks to government bailouts, ,,,

I don't expect the pinheads on the streets to know this -- but I'm hoping that Lahkota realizes that MOST of those banks had to be STRONG-ARMED and intimidated to take the bailouts and when they wanted to pay it back -- they were stone-walled.

If you want to know why BIG BANKS are getter BIGGER -- it's simple.. Govt regulation and compliance..

Corp/Govt collusion exists ONLY because the Sugar Shack is getting bigger and more aggressive in their involvement of picking winners and losers. It's like blaming the bears for showing up at the salmon run.

My understanding is that those banks wanted give back as soon as possible to resume handing out big executive bonuses which were prohibited until loans repaid.

the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer. Any conservatives here see any prob w/ that? They're told the market is infallible even when Greenspan admitted it isn't.

thegapbetweenthetop1and.jpg

Last edited:
First I heard of Roemer throwing his hat in the ring.

I guess I'm suppose to be all leg tingly because of one article from the Hufferpost no less.

My understanding is that those banks wanted give back as soon as possible to resume handing out big executive bonuses which were prohibited until loans repaid.

So what? THey didn't WANT the bailout money in the first place. The benevolent benign holy govt of yours just wanted to control them.. Those OWS idiots ought to be sitting in front of Tax Cheat Geithner and Commander Bernanke OFFICES -- not Wall Street.

Forum List

Back