Presidential anecdote

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
fwiw...

A few years ago I had the opportunity to share a few drinks and a conversation with a retired secret service agent. He had worked for every president from Ford to Clinton, although he said he didn't have much opportunity to interact with Ford or Carter very much as he was a junior agent. But for Reagan, Bush Sr and Clinton, he pretty much got to see everything. What I found both interesting and surprising was what he had to say about each of them. In short, Reagan and Clinton were the two biggest assholes you could ever meet, and Bush Sr. was the polar opposite. Just about the classiest person you could ever meet. Said he never once saw Bush treat anyone with anything but the utmost respect no matter who they were, be it a whitehouse servant or a foreign head of state. Reagan and Clinton on the other hand, treated people very differently depending on who they were and whether or not the cameras were rolling. And if you were not in a position to do anything for them, they pretty much treated you like shit, and that included the secret service agents willing to take a bullet for them.

I know it's just one guy's recollection and opinion, but I thought I would pass it along.

Interesting anectdote...
I tend to agree, Bush Sr was a first rate person. Too bad his son never took his advice

Forum List

Back