President Trump's Threat to Destroy NK reminded me of something

Does the OP honestly believe the US couldn't destroy North Korea? The only empty threats out there, are being made by the deranged North Korean leader. Trump could erase North Korea at the drop of a hat. And don't be surprised if it happens.
I answered this above. Of course we could destroy NK. Not the point of the OP. THe point was the striking similarity to a cataclymically incorrect similar prediction years earlier. Never said he was lying just that he eminded me of Khrushchev.

Trump can actually back up his threat to North Korea. It can be done. And done pretty quickly.
Would it be impolite to point out that Nikit had some military capabilities to bring some pee down on our hills? That isn't my point. The comparison is how history judges Nikita. And how I sure hope that President Trump doesn't end up with the same judgment facing his histrionics.

Does the OP honestly believe the US couldn't destroy North Korea? The only empty threats out there, are being made by the deranged North Korean leader. Trump could erase North Korea at the drop of a hat. And don't be surprised if it happens.
I answered this above. Of course we could destroy NK. Not the point of the OP. THe point was the striking similarity to a cataclymically incorrect similar prediction years earlier. Never said he was lying just that he eminded me of Khrushchev.

Trump can actually back up his threat to North Korea. It can be done. And done pretty quickly.
Would it be impolite to point out that Nikit had some military capabilities to bring some pee down on our hills? That isn't my point. The comparison is how history judges Nikita. And how I sure hope that President Trump doesn't end up with the same judgment facing his histrionics.

It's do-able. Trump could end Kim Jong-un. The Soviet Union couldn't have ended the US without ending itself.

It also happened at the UN. "We will bury you."

Remind me, how did that work out for them?

BTW, Kruschev meant "bury you economically".

Kim means, by using nuclear weapons.

Does anyone think Trump's response was out of line with that?
You are wrong about Khrushchev s intent. Marxist theory predicted that capitalism would be placed on the dung heap of history and he was stating what to him was a truth. To some extent though you are correct since his conclusion of a geopolitical triumph was founded on the basis of historical materialism which of course you understand as a central underpinning of Marxist theory.

It's do-able. Trump could end Kim Jong-un. The Soviet Union couldn't have ended the US without ending itself.
Sure it's doable. But if you do it proactively you end the moral leadership of the US for a century. The only country to use nuclear weapons ever. And millions in Japan and South Korea dead. But it's doable. I just do t understand why everyone salivates over the possibility of megadeath.

Well......you chose a good name! The fact is trump declared that if NK starts a war we will finish it. The soviets threat was entirely different. But you're a dim bulb so it's understandable that you wouldn't understand.

Sure it's doable. But if you do it proactively you end the moral leadership of the US for a century. The only country to use nuclear weapons ever. And millions in Japan and South Korea dead. But it's doable. I just do t understand why everyone salivates over the possibility of megadeath.

I'm actually with you on your take. I'd rather Trump be Non-Interventionist. But i also accept reality. The wingnut in North Korea is likely to be taken out. I seriously don't believe Trump is making 'empty threats.'

Well......you chose a good name! The fact is trump declared that if NK starts a war we will finish it. The soviets threat was entirely different. But you're a dim bulb so it's understandable that you wouldn't understand.
Another liberal resorting to personal attacks when he doesn't get the point.

Do you wear shoes? Hitler did too. You and Hitler are similar people.

Do you see how fucking stupid this comparison thing is?

Neither Hitler nor I made a speech at the UN threatening the demise of a foreign power. You don't think they are similar, I can live with that. They reminded me of each other. You, they didn't.

I thought Bill Clinton handled this...what did I miss?

Same thing is going to happen with Iran. Obama's Iran deal is a fucking joke...as is the plane full of cash he sent there....holy shit.

Yes, Khrushchev's threats were empty. He couldn't have destroyed the US without destroying his own country in the process. But Trump's threats are definitely not 'empty.' If i were Kim Jong-un, i would be very worried. His time could be up.

I thought Bill Clinton handled this...what did I miss?

Same thing is going to happen with Iran. Obama's Iran deal is a fucking joke...as is the plane full of cash he sent there....holy shit.
I missed the part of my post mentioning Obama and Clinton (and both Bushes). Fortunately you were able to wedge in your broken record with very little effort. Not that I disagree with you, I just find the same posts over and over sort of boring.

Neither Hitler nor I made a speech at the UN threatening the demise of a foreign power. You don't think they are similar, I can live with that. They reminded me of each other. You, they didn't.
Your name is sooo appropriate. Talk about missing the point! :laugh:

More liberal attacks. Nothing to say substantively so just attack.

Yes, Khrushchev's threats were empty. He couldn't have destroyed the US without destroying his own country in the process. But Trump's threats are definitely not 'empty.' If i were Kim Jong-un, i would be very worried. His time could be up.
No they weren't empty really. He was stating what to him was a Marxist truth. If you've read Marx extensively I'm sure you understand.

Dude, your comparing 2 people who are separated by decades of history, who happened to once say something kind of sort of similar, but not really that similar. Its just silly.

I won't attack you. I'm actually with you. I fully support a Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy. I'm a Ron Paul guy. But the reality is, Trump isn't making 'empty threats.' Taking Kim Jong-un out is do-able. And it may very well happen. I just deal in reality. I don't want more war, but i know it's inevitable.

Dude, your comparing 2 people who are separated by decades of history, who happened to once say something kind of sort of similar, but not really that similar. Its just silly.
We disagree. I can live with that.

Forum List

Back