President Trump Campaigned on Arming Teachers

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Nice how the media conveniently forgets this.

He first broached the subject after the October 1, 2015, attack on Umpqua Community College (UCC); an attack in which an armed man entered a gun-free campus and killed nine people. Trump responded to the attack by saying, ““I’ll tell you, if you had a couple of the teachers or someone with guns in that room, you would have been a hell of a lot better off.”

Weeks later, during the October 28, 2015, presidential debate, Trump revisited the topic by stressing that gun-free zones actually attract attackers who might avoid campus if they knew their would-be victims could shoot back. He said gun-free zones provide “target practice for sickos.”

Two months later, on October 8, 2016, The Washington Post quoted Trump saying, “I will get rid of gun-free zones on schools.”

Ummm, I ask again. Where is the media on this?

From Flashback: Trump Campaigned on Allowing Teachers to Be Armed for Self-Defense

Nice how the media conveniently forgets this.

He first broached the subject after the October 1, 2015, attack on Umpqua Community College (UCC); an attack in which an armed man entered a gun-free campus and killed nine people. Trump responded to the attack by saying, ““I’ll tell you, if you had a couple of the teachers or someone with guns in that room, you would have been a hell of a lot better off.”

Weeks later, during the October 28, 2015, presidential debate, Trump revisited the topic by stressing that gun-free zones actually attract attackers who might avoid campus if they knew their would-be victims could shoot back. He said gun-free zones provide “target practice for sickos.”

Two months later, on October 8, 2016, The Washington Post quoted Trump saying, “I will get rid of gun-free zones on schools.”

Ummm, I ask again. Where is the media on this?

From Flashback: Trump Campaigned on Allowing Teachers to Be Armed for Self-Defense

DWRhRvQWsAE8D3s.jpg

When did it become a teacher’s job to stop a bullet for your child?

*snip*

Here’s the thing. Across America thousands upon thousands of teachers will go to school, and they will be the kind of people who on a bad day will throw themselves in front of our children to protect them. Never in all of the school shootings have we heard about a teacher who ran or fled from a shooter in order to protect themselves.

Every time incidents of school-related violence occur, my colleagues and I think of the numerous ways we might one day have to use our bodies as barricades to protect the students whom we love dearly from potential other students whom we also love so dearly.

I would like to know how many other people go to work and have to think about the moment that they are going to have to lay their body down in front of other people’s children to make sure they are safe?

Forum List

Back