President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

The Free Market people lost in the primaries.

Did you miss all of that? Plenty of debate about it.

And for good reason.

Yep. The statist won, sorry I forgot. My bad

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Bending over to be fucked by our trade "partners" is no freedom.

Interesting way you describe them practically giving us their resources. You must hate Christmas.

Jobs are better to have than resources.

You think we will sell a lot of cars when we are paying artificially higher steel prices? Last steel tariffs we lost jobs.

I think that we will not improve our trade balance until we show the rest of the world that we will not be their bitch anymore.

So, the stock market is tanking, which is going to hurt his buddies at the country club, and the millionaire c congressman and senators, as well as retirees living on their investments. Meantime, the price of everything goes up, which, again, hurts American consumers, but help steel manufacturers. The price of new cars goes up, which hurts auto manufacturers, and dealers. China decides to start a trade war, which hurts everybody.

This is the beginning of what I predicted when he was elected. The trashing of our economy.

If China starts a trade war, the main people they will be screwing are the Chinese. The stock market isn't tanking. Even if it was, what does that have to do with tariffs? T

LOL tell me you're really not that dumb.

We have a $350 billion dollar trade deficit with the Chinese. How would a trade war not hurt them badly?

Does anyone remember before nafta? We had the highest period of economic growth under Reagan without it

You must be one of them there russians everyone is talking about because I don't think many American's with an IQ over 50 wants to pay higher prices on just about everything they purchase in the next few months not to mention the slow down in building that will result. Slow downs and higher prices eventually = loss of jobs. But who cares, right trumpie?

I take it you missed the last 30 years that did not go as the Free Traders promised?

Watch.

I have been. And I noticed that the Free Traders were completely wrong.

I will continue to watch.

When are you going to start?

Estimates of job losses in steel-using industries as a consequence of the safeguard tariffs imposed in the early 2000s are few but range from 26,000 to 200,000 jobs. It is difficult to know how many steel-producing jobs were saved, but a Peterson Institute report assessing various policy proposals floated before the Bush safeguards went into force suggests that it was between 3,000 and 10,000 jobs.

Will Steel Tariffs put U.S. Jobs at Risk? | Econofact

Yep. The statist won, sorry I forgot. My bad

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Interesting way you describe them practically giving us their resources. You must hate Christmas.

You think we will sell a lot of cars when we are paying artificially higher steel prices? Last steel tariffs we lost jobs.

I think that we will not improve our trade balance until we show the rest of the world that we will not be their bitch anymore.
We bought up the rest of the world. That’s why there’s a trade imbalance. They’ve been our bitch for decades.

So, the stock market is tanking, which is going to hurt his buddies at the country club, and the millionaire c congressman and senators, as well as retirees living on their investments. Meantime, the price of everything goes up, which, again, hurts American consumers, but help steel manufacturers. The price of new cars goes up, which hurts auto manufacturers, and dealers. China decides to start a trade war, which hurts everybody.

This is the beginning of what I predicted when he was elected. The trashing of our economy.

If China starts a trade war, the main people they will be screwing are the Chinese. The stock market isn't tanking. Even if it was, what does that have to do with tariffs? T

LOL tell me you're really not that dumb.

We have a $350 billion dollar trade deficit with the Chinese. How would a trade war not hurt them badly?

You are.

Worked great back in 2002:
The protection of the steel industry in the United States had unintended consequences and perverse effects: it reduced production of steel in the United States,[how?] increased costs to users, and increased unemployment in associated industries. A study from 2003 found that around 200,000 jobs were lost as a result.[6][7]
I wonder what Trump tower is built from?

And Obama's chinese tires.
You gotta say "Obama" something and then provide a link from 2002?

Makes no sense.

Estimates of job losses in steel-using industries as a consequence of the safeguard tariffs imposed in the early 2000s are few but range from 26,000 to 200,000 jobs. It is difficult to know how many steel-producing jobs were saved, but a Peterson Institute report assessing various policy proposals floated before the Bush safeguards went into force suggests that it was between 3,000 and 10,000 jobs.

I doubt it. Steel just doesn't constitute that big a percentage of the cost of most products. You turds had no problem with Obama imposing massive costs on industry with his so-called "Clean Power Plan," but now we're supposed to believe you are worried about tariffs on a couple of minor products? How much do you imagine tripling the cost of energy would raise the price of steel and aluminum?

What do you think of the EU behavior with supporting Airbus and crushing high tech American jobs, and refusing to stop?

We bought up the rest of the world. That’s why there’s a trade imbalance. They’ve been our bitch for decades.

I live in the Rust Belt. We have not bought up the rest of the world.

THey have fucked US.

Well the DOW is down more than 400 points, and for the next few days, as the economy goes to hell, the Trumpettes will explain to us why that is a GOOD thing.

I doubt it. Steel just doesn't constitute that big a percentage of the cost of most products. You turds had no problem with Obama imposing massive costs on industry with his so-called "Clean Power Plan," but now we're supposed to believe you are worried about tariffs on a couple of minor products? How much do you imagine tripling the cost of energy would raise the price of steel and aluminum?

Are you aware of sometime that tariffs weren’t a disaster? Please share.

Forum List

Back